BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 06/05/2009
Traffic Jams Complete Car Center
Phone: (314) 725-7665
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||1|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|10/21/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received
Complaint: I bought a **** ******** *** from this company on 09/03/13 and I was driving the car about two weeks later and the right front wheel twisted out and I had have it towed home. They sent out a mechanic to my house to fix the front wheel. The car was fine until 10/04/13 the car started knocking. i called the company and they told me that they would send someone out to look at it. I was told I had a warranty. I called the warranty company and they said they didn't have any record of me as of today. I called the dealer and he said he had mailed it to them, but he would fax it to them today and call me back. I paid $3500 cash for the car.
Initial Business Response
|10/15/2012||Guarantee / Warranty Issues|
Auto Alarms & Security Systems, Alloys, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Auto Detailing, Tire Dealers, Auto Radios & Stereos - Sales & Repair
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Eastern Missouri & SouthernIllinois. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Traffic Jams Complete Car Center is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on August 2, 2010.
BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business that are received electronically.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.