In St. Louis, MO

Gamache & Myers PC

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

04/29/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors

Complaint: Auto pay set up. They retrieved all but $12 now been killing my credit for two months. No response from g &m.
I entered into a payment agreement of $150/mo. After paying for an estimated 6months ending in Jan 2013 i received no more contact or receipts from g&m assuming total amount was paid as scheduled i opened a new bank account and when credit check was run i was notified i was still $12 delinquent. I find this absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional seeing as they were auto deducting from my checking account all payments were out of my hands and should be paid in full. Why they decided to do this i Dont know. I contacted g & m today on X-XX-XX and received absolutely no help and told i have to talk to a supervisor who miraculously was un available. After reading many consumer reports i see that this is possibly a pretty common practice of theirs. I've been on a road to fix my past mistakes but am finding it hard to trust the companies that are receiving these payments. I stuck to my part of thru deal so why shouldn't g&m hold up to their part?

Dear Sir or Madam

This letter will acknowledge receipt of the above noted complaint. Please let this letter serve as our reply to the complaint.

At this point, I believe that the complaint has now been resolved. Mr. contacted our office in late March and set up payment arrangements to pay a small balance due, which we have now received. After his payment has cleared banking channels, our office will file a Satisfaction of Judgment with the court. Our office does not directly report any information to the credit bureaus, but credit bureaus do pick up judgment information from the courts.

We think that the above information is the information that you need in response to the complaint, however, if you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Gamache & Myers P.C.

08/24/2011Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of service

Complaint: my account has been paid since may 2011 i call and the the people i speak with tell me to call back in two weeks every time i call. i have documented all calls to this office in attempt to get this letter if satisfied judgement that they will not give me they tell me "we do not work for you" "we are not on your time" i paid about 5,000.oo to these people and i am only asking for a receipt hassle free. they say they mailed a copy on 7/26/11 but i have nothing.

12/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues
01/31/2013Billing / Collection Issues
02/07/2012Billing / Collection Issues
03/05/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide itemized billing as requested

Complaint: No validation of alleged debt from third party collection agency.
Dec 28, 2012 - I received notice from the collection agency that I owed them a debt.

Dec 30, 2012 - A requested for detailed validation of the debt was requested by certified mail.

Jan 03, 2012 - US Post office notified me the collection agency signed for the validation request on Jan 02, 2012

Feb 10, 2013 - No validation has been supplied, nor any correspondence from the collection agency.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are in receipt of your letter of February 13, 2013. In response to the consumer's complaint, please note this account was sent to our office in October 2011. Since that time we corresponded with Mr on several occasions but did not receive a reply. It is true that we received an untimely validation request in December 2012 which technically we are under no obligation to acknowledge. however, we will provide the consumer with supportive documentation at our earliest possible convenience.

If you require anything further, please feel free to contact the undersigned.

Sincerely Yours,