BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/2014

Gateway Ambulance Service LLC

03/21/2013Billing / Collection Issues
03/19/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

The company improperly coded a bill to my insurance company causing a denial of payment. They were told how to correct the issue and didn't.
They provided services but failed to bill the insurance company correctly resulting in the claim being denied. I contacted my insurance company, and received direction from them as to what needed to be corrected. I then told Gateway how to correct it as they had submitted a previous claim and received payment. They neglected to resubmit the bill to the insurance company. About a year later, they have now sent this bill to a collection agency. It is possible that they have now missed the opportunity to resubmit this claim within the "timely filing for adjustments" period outlined in their agreement with the insurance provider. It is in no way my fault that they didn't code the initial bill correctly, nor is it in any way my fault that they failed to resubmit the claim even after I had done the work to tell them how to correct the issue.

I would like them to remove my bill from their collection agency immediately! I would like for them to in good faith attempt to collect the billed amount from the insurance carrier. If they are unable to collect the billed amount it is my opinion that they are 100% at fault for not being able to collect the debt as they did not resubmit the claim per both the insurance company and my instruction (twice) with the proper diagnostic code. If they had, they would have already been paid in full.

Good Afternoon,

I am writing in hopes to respond to the below mentioned case. We did not received the written notification of the complaint in our office and the call was made during a transition in our phone system resulting in a loss of voicemail access for a significant period of time. I have read the complaint online and feel I can resolve the issue immediately for the caller.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I cannot apologize enough for the confusion

Kind Regards,

***

****** K. *********

Executive Director

Gateway Ambulance

St. Louis, Missouri

I do not feel comfortable closing this complaint until I have spoken with and receive written acknowledgment that this debt is not owed by me. Thank you for continuing your pursuit of a resolution in this matter.

Ambulance Service, Transportation Services