BBB Accredited Business since 04/24/2007

Nixon's Garage LLC

06/16/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Owner **** Nixon told me that he didn't care if I was a customer, and then he told me to shut up.
I first took my car to have a timing belt, water pump replaced because I was noticing drive-ability issues. They did good work it seemed except my new timing belt sounded like it was rubbing and paint had been badly knocked off of my valve cover. The shop manager **** called me and told me that I also needed to replace my distributor cap and rotor, motor mount, power steering pump, and radiator. I got the parts myself, and I installed a new rotor and cap myself. I didn't notice any change in drive-ability. I needed to do the timing belt water pump job regardless of whether or not it would fix my drive-ability problem. I took my car back to the shop and had them install the radiator, power steering pump, and motor mount. Like the timing belt and water pump, the power steering pump, mount, and radiator were installed for general maintenance not for drive-ability issues. At this time, I got a call from someone else in the shop explaining that I would need a whole distributor to fix the driving problem. I purchased a new distributor, took the car back to them, and had it installed. I was put back by the fact that I had been told by **** that it was only the cap and rotor, and was forced to buy these parts twice because you can't find a new distributor that doesn't include them. Well, new distributor on so my car shouldn't have any problem driving now. Nope, no change in the drive-ability problem whatsoever. Still there. I took my car back to Nixon's to have the problem diagnosed...again, and today they told me my problem is the o2 sensor. This was the main problem the whole time. My car is an older acura, and so I think they just saw any part in it could be replaced, and they could just say it looked worn. Never fixing the problem at hand to keep me coming back.
Also, I had found after the distributor was installed, they failed to reconnect my air intake to the throttle body, and 3 out of 4 visits my car was left unlocked on the street. Owner **** Nixon asked me what I wanted their shop to do to rectify my negative experience when I explained my concern to him. I started to answer him, when he promptly cut me off telling me I needed to "shut up", and listen to him. I explained to **** that I was the customer in this situation, and he said "so what".
He stepped toward me in an aggressive posture that was fairly intimidating, considering he looks very much like **************. I thought he was going to hit me. He told me that my car was too old to be doing this work to, which is something I don't think he would have told me before taking my money. This is when I told him that I was done talking, and I was leaving with my car because he had no intention of hearing me out. I told him that this was bad customer service and I would be complaining.

I would like Nixon's Garage to refund the money I spent for them to install the distributor, clean the throttle body and adjust timing. It would be great customer service if they also refunded the money I spent replacing a slightly worn distributor that caused no drive-ability issues. That's about $*** of the labor they did, and a little over $*** for the distributor I bought for no reason. (I have a receipt for it.)

The facts and accusations in this letter are untrue. The personal insults show the character of the person who wrote them.
The customer was informed verbally, and in writing on the first visit that "distributor bearing going out, may cause miss". He was told this when we replace the distributor mounting gasket with no labor charge. It was leaking oil very badly. While the distributor was removed, the play in the distributor bearings was noted and the customer contacted.On 04/10 he brought the car back in to have the other parts replaced that we recommended for maintenance and told us that he had replace the cap and rotor.We began the diagnostic procedure, the timing was jumping all around due to the distributor bearings bad. We could not finish the testing.He was charged for the diagnostic time spent. On 04/21 he brought the car back to have the distributor installed. The car still had a running issue and he declined further diagnostic time. On 05/14 he brought the car in stating the car still had a running issue.We spent 1.5 hours diagnostic time at no charge to him. We informed him the car needed an egr valve and an 02 sensor. He became angry and wanted to speak to the owner. I spoke with him asking several times how he felt I could help. He became angry and left.

This response is a horrendous lie. My valve cover was banged up from the timing belt job, they forgot to connect my air intake after the distributor job. The final diagnosis was my o2 sensor was bad. I have since replaced the o2 sensor, and it did not fix the problem. Also, they said they fixed my PCV valve. It's not connected to anything (lower hose not connected.), rendering my emmissions system useless. I only replaced the rotor and cap on their advice when they originally claimed it would fix my problem. Didn't work either. Only after that, did they tell me its the whole distributor. (Which it was not as it turns out). Also, the camseals are leaking that they installed during the timing belt job as well as the timing belt is rubbing or way too tight which is apparent from the sound it makes when the car is on. Virtually nothing they fixed or diagnosed was correct. The way I was treated by the owner after dealing with all of these issues was just icing on the cake. He asked me questions that he had no intention of letting me answer before cutting me off and acting rudely. All of his employees that I spoke with used good customer service skills until I met with the owner **** Nixon who quickly put an end to any concern I might have had by not letting me voice my concerns at all. He asked me to show him my car before we talked, and in retrospect, I believe it was just to get me outside his shop where he could behave ridiculously without his other customers becoming knowledgeable. There were no personal insults in my original complaint. However, I WAS extremely upset by the way Mr. Nixon handled my situation, and furthermore his business by physically intimidating and not letting me speak, then telling me to "shut up", and that he didn't care if I was a customer or not. Nixon's Garage failed to diagnose or fix any of the problems that I paid them for in 3 visits. I thought that my proposed solution was rather conservative considering these facts.

In an attempt to resolve this situation I am willing to refund $******

07/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

When went to get my car from nixon's garage Mr. ***** Was very rude when i ask about the bill and said he can raise the price to what ever he wants.
My S10 blazer was towed by Nixon's towing on 7-11-13. When my mother and i went to get the blazer on 7-13-13, we arived to the lot were it was taken and asked how much we have to pay to get it out and was told $360 and when we questioned the amount and asked to see the recipt Mr. ***** was very rude and said if we want he can rasie the bill as high as he wanted and told us to leave.

I would like make sure that this dose not happen to anyone alse, and that im getting a fair price.
Also that he pays for how he acted!

******** mother came to get the car. I asked her if ******* was with her. I told her thet ******* had to pick up the car and that he would need his drivers license and registration. She was upset and walked back out to the car.
******* came inside and thrust his license in my face. I asked for the registaration and he said "its in the car where you are supposed to keep it".
I said ok lets go get it.
He asked about the bill and how the charges wored out. I took him to the computer and explained the bill. As we were walking out of the office, his mother said something under her breath to *******. He replied " They are just trying to make the ------ rent off me."
I told them there was no reason to be rude. Keep your words nice.
Jeffreys mom said the bill was a ripoff and that I was rude first.******* said he was gonna get his lawyer and the BBB and he would fix that bill.
I said I can make it more if you like and again suggested they quit being mean.
She asked how long I had been in business. 10 years I replied. She said this would be my last, and she would make sure of it.
I told them if they were gonna stand there and make threats that they should leave. I also told them that the longer the car sets here the higher the bill goes.
They left screaming threats all the way out the door.
My resolution is: ******* and his mother need to quit taking their anger for their wrong doings out on the people around them. They walked in mad because ******* messed up and got arrested. His car was towed and she was footing the bill.They are welcome to come pay the bill and pickup the car any day they would like.I am not here to take their verbal abuse.I will not tolerate it.

First of all i did not thrust my DL. at you i handed it to and i did say it was in the blazer were i was saposed to keep it, I felt the person was rude and very snide from the time we ask to see the bill, how he explained it and from then on. As far as my arrest goes it was wrongfull and unjust! With that being said I was not angre with you about that I know you was just doing the job that you were called to do, What was upseting was the fact of your rude justers. My Mom and I were going to just pay the bill and wash our hands with it but after hearing you say you can rasie the price as high as you want really infearated us because that is wrong and uncalled for, I mean really you made my mother cry for crist sake! My mom is far from soft that is very wrong and as a man of hard work and labor i can assume that you would feel the same way after being told that you would make the bill what ever you want like your just going to take all our money. Now i wounder if you evean gave us a fair amount at all after saying that! Which would be my main concern at this point on!!!

I should not have allowed your poor behavior to affect me. I apologize.I did not raise your bill. I will however,remind you, storage is a daily charge and each day you continue to blame me for your behavior, and work to smear my name, the bill does increase. The charges are well below normal and customary.

Auto Repair & Service