BBB Accredited Business since 07/12/2010

Gary Wood Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

08/03/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Vehicle needed repairs as soon as it left the lot.
I bought a 2004 Dodge Durango in May of 2013. Every time it rained it leaked in the driver side floor board. I kept taking it back to have it checked out and they said they put the power wash on it and could not duplicate the problem. I took it back 4 times after the rain with a wet floor board and they still kept saying there was no problem. Now 2 years later, it has been wet every single time it has rained, the problem is a much bigger problem and it leaks in the door panels. after speaking with a collision repair shop they said it was more than likely the sunroof had issues and the drain hose could be clogged. I then called and spoke with the service center at Gary woods and told him of the problem and they wouldn't do nothing. He told me Gary would not be back till a few days later which was a lie because I then called right away and asked for Gary Woods and he was there. He said well after two years there's nothing they could do. He did not check into seeing if the service people really did there job and he hung up on me. My floor board is probably rusted underneath after leaking for over two years which should have been fixed but they did not take the time to really find out what the problem was. This will cost me a lot more in repairs from there neglect but also I was treaded with rude customer service.

I feel that they should repair my vehicle for free since it leaked when I purchased the vehicle. I would even be satisfied if they repaired it for cost of parts only.

First **** brought a car with 120,000 miles and was told it had no warranty at all when she took delivery. She did purchase a extended warranty from cac the finance company, that warranty cover only mechanical item which were listed the sun roof was not covered. She brought the car in, in 2012 was she they could not get it to leak and if there was a leak, she would have to pay for the repairs, which she refused to do. This car no warranty from Gary Wood Chry Dodge Jeep, at the time of purchase.

I was offered by your company to fix it for free since it was like that upon purchase. It was set up deal is how I feel. Rude service. So your service people played stupid cause they new it be hours of work. The floor board was wet a little after the water test and the service guy tried to tell me he didn't feel nothing. I deserve credit somewhere.

**** purchased a vehicle financed thur credit accp. corp.( because of poor credit) the finance rate,vehicle price, are set by them we made these car by state safety inspection only. **** signed paper work informing her of this. When we trade for the vehicle we replace thermostat, coolant pump, and wiper blade She was in our shop 6/20 mo state insp and 7/02 bumpy turns. We never agreed to fix this water leak, and three year later we are not going to fix this water leak

Wow just wow. This is how you treat people. This should be a strike against your business. I did not have poor credit I had issues from fraud thank you very much. Besides this has nothing to do with my credit it has to do with your company not doing what was agree upon and besides I haven't had the vehicle three years. It is a major issue and your car place could not figure it out they should have directed me to someone that could. I really felt that since I had to bring it back in to get the tracking device installed since I was making payments that's when the problem first started. You can think what ever but you was not there it was your employees. So to me it looks like my credit is the reason your unwilling to fix the problem from the beginning which actually should not have mattered whether I had good credit or not but all customers are to be treated equal. Now I am still waiting on your company to fix the air bag part from the recall and that's been a few months back. I'm asking that something be worked out as I have been totally honest and further more them dates above should have had years on them because it was not this year it was the year I bought the Durango. I took the Durango in to your shop several times for this problem even when the floor board was soaking wet. Maybe your worker should have asked you what to do if he had not a clue. I am asking for the repairs to be made at a discounted price or reimbursement of the damages I'm sure has happened over the 2 years from the car lot service center neglect. This is neglect of repairs. The guy that sold this to me stated that if I brought it right back in it would be fixed well the floor board would be wet and the service center guy would be in denial of it being wet even when I pointed it out because you all did not want to take the time to fix the issue.

08/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I bought a New Dodge Ram truck on 10-29-1012. That day the tire on the back passgener side was a little low. They air it up I have had trouble with that tire ever since. I have taken the truck back with low pressure in that tire several times, they the service manager **** ***** said they couldn't find anything and then one time said they would put in water to check it but they said since it was winter and water would freeze they didnt do that at that time. Then on May 13, 2014 when I took it back to them with pressure over 10 lbs low in that tire. I was told that there was a plug in the tire. Why was a plug in a tire that was on a New truck which was suppose to have New tires I asked. I was told by the service manager, he didnt know maybe the transport company had it plugged or something like that. To me why wasnt the plug found when I had the truck there times before. The truck has been serviced there at Gary Woods only They have done all the work on that truck - No one else.

I tried to talk to Mr. Wood. When I called he said he'd call me back in 5 minutes, Never recived his call a bout that was that morning, I called after 2:00 pm and was told he turned it over to the service manager ****. **** told me he called and left me a message I told him he didn't call me because I was home waiting on a call from Mr. Wood. He said he check my number and it was wrong. He said Mr Wood had him to pull my file on the truck and said it had been several months since I had I had the truck in and he wasnt going to pay for a new tire.

the dated they have on file is the dates I had them the change the oil
04-09-13
09-17-13
03-10-14
and on 11-01-12 they installed bed cover and rain guards.
Nothing on checking and airing up the tire.

I called different times to find out if Mr Wood was here so I could go and talk to him on June 21 1014 I went there as the was there but he wouldn't talk to me, said his service manager wasnt the. The sales manager talked to (**** ********). He told me we could set a date for us to me (Mr. Wood) too. Told me to call I called set a date for May 25, 2014 at 10:00 o'clock. Went there only service manager and sales manager was there No Mr. Wood. They told me he said he wasnt paying for a tire.

I went back May 30th 2014 and talked to **** the service manage and the he told me that when they changed the oil on 03-10-14 they say the plug in the tire then. They did Not tell me about it until 06-30-14 when I went back to talk to ****. I asked why they didn't say anything until 05-13-14 when they checked and said there was a plug in it they were doing a oil change he said.

Why??? they knew I had been there with that tire several times He said they didn't plug it until I had it there 05-13-14 and they found it had a plug in it. That truck has only been serviced there - No where else. No one has driven that truck unless I was in it with them and a very short distance.

I only wanted a New tire since I bought the truck New and it should have New tires on it - (No plugged tire)

Mr. Gary Wood would not talk to me Why???

Also when I had the truck there for low tire pressure on that tire they always set the tire presure monter (EVIC to tire pressure) When they said they found the plugg on 05-13-14 they did not set the EVIC to tire pressure and said it was plugged and I'd wouldnt have any more problems.

The service manager said he didn't charge me for plugging tire when he found the plug in it. I offered to pay but he said No and I also tried to pay for the air in tire when I talked to him the last time i saw him too.

A new tire

This vehicle was purchased 10/2012. The lady complained about the tire over a year later, that the tire had a plug. We do not use plugs on either used or new car tires; We did not plug the tire. She called me in May or June I did tell we would call back in 15 mins. and **** ***** the service mgr. did call her back I listened to the call. She has had the tire plugged at some point by someone but not us, We have informed her of this several times.

I disagree with the response. The tire continuously had issues and the vehicle was taken back to the dealership multiple times with the issue within a short time of purchase (less than the one year indicated). The dealership was lax in not indicating on paperwork or verbally that they had found a plug in the tire. When I came back the second and third time, they should have thoroughly inspected the tire for an issue (not a year later).
I still think they are responsible for a replacement tire as this issue was at time of purchase.

I don't know what else to say to this lady. We don't never have plugged tire. The tire pressure is check each and every time the oil is changed. She has had her tire plugged by someone but not by the dealership. She did call me and I did have **** the service manager call her right back. He is the person in our dealership that handles service issues, I do not. I am not aware of who plugged the tire, but it was not done in our dealership. As to paying for air we have never charged for air, checking it is part of the oil change.

This truck has not been serviced anyplace but this dealership - due to the fact that when I bought the truck the tire was low and they had to air it up. I've taken it back several times for low tire pressure and each time they have added air and at one point was going to check it using water to see if there was a leak. They did not do that until May 13th of this year as they told me it would freeze if they did it during the winter. During my last oil change they told me there was a plug in it and THEY re-plugged it. As to the fact that he handed this over to the service manager - who did not call back, I had to call the dealership back, Gary Woods doesn't seem to want to bother with any of his customers. This was a new truck when I bought it - It should have had new tires, the fact that they had to air the tire up before buying it should have been a red flag. It is very unsettling that they are arguing that I had this plugged somewhere else. Him saying "I don't know what else to say to this lady. We don't never have plugged tire." is very insulting. I do know that I will not be doing business with this dealership after this is cleared up and will advise others of how they run the business. The bottom line is - A NEW tire should be provided for the New vehicle that I bought there.

04/23/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Received promotional mailer from subject with misleading incentive.
Received promotional mailer from subject that says "you have won one of three prizes below". Reader is offered a scratch-off space directly below a pic of an **** which is labeled ***** **** 2. I scratched off the covering directly below the **** pic and the number revealed matched "my" number which was displayed on an LED gadget called a ********, that came with the mailer. When I brought all this in to the dealer to claim my ****, they said I'd misread the flier and all I was to get was a lottery ticket. Well I misread the flier alright, but that was obviously their intention by the way it's designed and worded. I still have the flier and the ********. Or I can email a scan and a picture of them.

I want the **** as indicated in their advertisement.

The gentleman in the complaint refuse to look at the number posted in the dealership, as to the wining numbers. These prizes are insured and can only be awarded to the wining number and must be verified by the company. We show the man the wining number several times. He then tried to threaten us into to award him a prize. Simply fact is he did not win. Sorry for not answering sooner but I have been out of town.

Mr. ****'s statement is simply untrue. In the first place he was not even present when the incident took place so how could he know what happened. I did look at the "winning" numbers. Why would I not? The only thing I refused was the "booby prize" of 3 scratch-off lottery tickets. His statement does not even address the issue that the INFORMATION ON THE MAILERS WAS INTENTIONALLY DECEITFUL AND MISLEADING.

He's right I was not present, but was informed by the sales staff. Which is the only way I can answer the complaint. I am sorry he has the opinion he has but he welcome to have it. He misses the point he do not have one of the winning number and did not win the prize HE WANTED. Her also was unreasonable demanding he be given the prize HE WANTED.

Mr. **** is still not addressing the issue. I was mistaken in demanding an award and I don't care about that. The issue is that I was lured to his dealership by false and intentionally misleading advertising. Whether or not I'm awarded a prize IS NOT THE ISSUE.

03/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We bought the vehicle in ******* **** the next week told them in needed an alignment they stated they didnt have the equipment to do so. They were supposed to sit up an appointment else where. Never happened. Then we started having issues with the soft top leaking. Was taken in 3 or 4 times to the shop for that issue. Never fixed still leaks on both sides. I took the jeep to a local shop and he said from the looks of it the vehicle needs ball joints, steering dump and the vehicle needs alignment bad(shouldnt even be driving it.) So I called the service dept at Gary woods today and explained to them what the local shop said. They stated we can look at it in a week or so. This vehicle has been a headache from day one. You would think ****** vehicle they would fix or try to see whats going on. This is a powertrain issue which is covered. And they knew from the day we drove it off it was having these issues. I will never go back to this dealership for a car. THE WORST!!!!!
Product_Or_Service: Vechicle

I just want them to fix the problems we are having. We love the vehicle but it needs fixed.

The car has been our shop twice once for an oil change and once for a roof leak, which we fixed at no charge(which was not covered by the warranty). We are not responsible for what another shop says, the warranty covers the engine, transmission and rear end, which none of these items are. The customer was offered a chance to purchased additional warranty at the time and declined. The vehicle was back in our shop in late February for alignment that repair was performed

Auto Dealers - New Cars