BBB Accredited Business since 11/18/2010

Ticketconnectors.com

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

03/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I did not know they were a ticket reseller, I requested a refund, they refused even though I gave them ample time to re-sell the tickets.
On October 21, 2014, I went online to buy 2 tickets to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert being held at the *** ******** Center here in *** ******* *** I was using my wife's tablet - she'd searched for the tickets online and handed me the tablet so I could look at the ticket prices. I mention that because some of the online screens are difficult to read on a tablet. I thought I was buying from ************ or an agent thereof, not an independent broker, as I soon discovered. I spent a total of 177.60 for 2 tickets plus all their fees.

When I got the tickets (via electronic download), I saw that the name on the ticket was of another person, not me. The next morning - I bought the tickets late evening I called Ticket Connectors to ask why my name was not on the tickets and who ****** J ********** (the name on the tickets) was. I was told that they'd been bought by that person and Ticket Connecters was brokering the tickets. This is not at all what I expected.

I called Ticket Connectors again and requested a refund. I was told they do not offer any sort of refund, and the agent suggested that I try to sell them myself.
Because the tickets are electronic and in another person's name, I had no idea how I would resell them. I'm not in the business of reselling tickets like Ticket Connectors is. Also, because they are electronic (I downloaded a pdf file), these tickets can be sold over and over. At the time, I had zero trust that these tickets would not be sold multiple times by Ticket Connectors. The concert was last night, I didn't use the tickets, and I don't know what Ticket Connectors did with the tickets.

I requested a refund from them before the charge even posted to my American Express account and with ample time for them to resell the tickets. I had hoped they would resolve this matter quickly so that they would have time to sell the tickets to someone else.

I did not intent to buy from a broker, and I think their website is misleading / difficult to read on a tablet (especially given that they use ******************* and TicketConnectors.com). I didn't think my purchase was secure in that they could easily duplicate the PDF of the tickets, and I didn't expect to receive tickets in someone else's name.

I've filed several disputes with American Express, and TicketConnectors just sends 10 pages of their fine print and says "no refunds."

I tried to contact them twice recently. The first time (a week or so ago), the supervisor would not return my call. I tried again today and was told that the supervisor would not speak with me, I had to email *******@ticketconnectors.com. I got a "no refunds" email from them earlier today.

I can see "no refunds" on the day of or near the event, but not several weeks before the event. I tried less than 24 hours after I purchased the tickets. Their practices and site are shady, at best.

I would like a refund for the tickets (I did not attend the event). At least a refund for all the fees they charge and no more than face-value for the tickets (face value was about 30 dollars, they charged me over 40 plus all their fees). Their position is unfair and very one-sided.

This issue has been resolved with the customer. The customer agreed to a partial refund as of yesterday 03/03/15. This case has now been resolved on our end & closed.

I did speak with a company representative and we agreed on a partial refund. This matter is closed as far as I am concerned.

Thanks.