BBB Accredited Business since 09/27/2011
Slater Transfer & Storage
Phone: (702) 399-4444Fax: (702) 399-11176855 Speedway Blvd Unit 101, Las Vegas, NV 89115-1756 Send email to Slater Transfer & Storage
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since 09/27/2011
BBB has determined that Slater Transfer & Storage meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised Slater Transfer & Storage's rating include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 4 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Customer Complaints SummaryRead complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Billing / Collection Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||2|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||4|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||1|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|07/01/2013||Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Non-delivery of services
Complaint: Since March 21, 2013 Slater has promised but failed to deliver our remaining belongings. Two months later they totally shocked us with an invoice for another $4,000.00. The household was packed on March 19. On March 21 Slater was to load the truck with the contents of our home and storage unit, but found the truck would not hold everything. So they emptied our storage unit and promised to put the rest of our belongings from the storage unit on the next truck heading east. Our household contents arrived in PA on March 30. Over the past two months I made repeated phone calls every 2-3 days looking for delivery. Our contact with the company was ****** our Coordinator. After a few weeks of phone calls to her they told me ***** was no longer with the company, but reassured me that we would get everything soon. (As a side note - we were originally told unpacking was included, but Slater refused to do it. So we were forced to pay a local moving company an additional $1,278 to unpack. They also totally destroyed our big screen TV, and Allied Van Lines reimbursed us only $45.00 for it.) Now on May 29th - more than two months later - they have charged us with a totally unexpected $4,000.00 bill, telling us we have also incurred local pick-up and warehouse and storage charges. They obviously do not intend to deliver our belongings as promised. On May 29th we were shocked to get this email from the Sales Rep **** ************ "DEAR MR. _____, ATTACHED IS A COPY OF YOUR BILL OF LADING AND A COPY OF YOUR MOVE TO _____, PA LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT ASAP PLEASE SIGN AND E-MAIL BACK TO ME. YOU HAVE ALSO INCURRED LOCAL PICK-UP WAREHOUSE HANDLING AND STORAGE CHARGES I'LL GET THOSE" Attached to the email was a totally new and unexpected and outrageous invoice for $3,890.32 - $4,165.32 depending on the deductible specified.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.
|12/28/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|11/07/2012||Billing / Collection Issues|
|09/05/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
Moving & Storage Company, Trucking, Movers
Better Business Bureau TIPS When Selecting A Moving Company
Review the information on protectyourmove.gov and link to the following:
1. "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move"
2. Sub Part D - Binding & Non-Binding Estimate
3. Read the agreement, including the FINE PRINT, even if it takes additional time! Don't allow you and your belongings to be "HELD HOSTAGE" because you did not understand the agreement before signing it. You are not obligated to engage the moving company until you sign the agreement - even if the company is on your doorstep waiting to load.
*REMEMBER - VERBAL COMMITMENTS AND PROMISES VERY OFTEN ARE NOT KEPT. VERBAL PROMISES MEAN NOTHING!
Consumers should do their "DUE DILIGENCE" when engaging the services of any provider. The following are "BUYER BEWARE" flags:
1. Do not withhold information on the service to be performed to obtain a lower estimated price.
2. Itemize the items to be moved
3. Do not book the move over the telephone
4. Beware of "REVISED ESTIMATES" from the company on the day of the move
5. Most major van lines do not require deposits, or partial payments prior to loading items to be moved
6. Buy the MAXIMUM INSURANCE POSSIBLE - Protect yourself and your belongings. Household (homeowner's insurance does not cover incidential damage in a move.
7. If moving interstate, mover can not charge an hourly rate. Interstate moving is regulated by the Department of Transportation.
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
BBB records show a license number of MC394287 for this company. Their web address is http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov.
BBB records show a license number of 3255.1 for this company. Their web address is http://www.tsa.nv.gov.Type: Secretary of State
BBB records show a license number of 2000001.841 for this company. Their web address is http://sandgate.co.clark.nv.us/businesslicense/businesssearch/blindex.asp.
Contact InformationPrincipal: Mr Craig Slater (President)
Moving & Storage Company, Trucking, Movers
Products & Services
This company offers intrastate,international.
Hours of Operation
7am - 4pm Monday - Friday and By Appointment on Saturday
Industry TipsPlanning a Cost-Effective Move
Relocating Across State Lines? Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Spotting Rogue Movers Before They Have Your Goods
Tips on Renting a Self-Storage Unit
Map & Directions
Map & Directions
Address for Slater Transfer & Storage
6855 Speedway Blvd Unit 101
Las Vegas, NV 89115-1756