Press Talent Management NV, LLC

12 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

01/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I met with an agent, ***** ****** for an audition at the end of September/ early October of 2013. The audition was going well and so we started discussing signing with the management company and setting up payment plans for the cost that included acting classes, portfolio building, etc. I began to get nervous about the whole process and decided that I would discuss this decision with my family first, since this process was happening so fast. I also didn't have the money to make the first payment that she was asking for because of other obligations I had planned to pay for, such as bills. I mentioned to her that if I were actually going to sign, that I wouldn't have any extra available money until December, around holiday time. I also mentioned that I would be more sure if I wanted to sign with Press Talent and Management company after I graduated school in September of 2014. Ms. ***** agreed to hold off on doing anything with my paperwork until I talked with my parents. She kept my forms and agreed to wait for my word to start the process. I called the very next day, after my audition with Ms. ***** and talked to the receptionist to inform Ms. ***** that I did not have the money or time to sign with the agency and therefore, I was not able to sign with the agency. The receptionist assured me that ***** would get the message, apologized for me not being able to sign right away, and asked me to call if my circumstances had changed. I had not heard from the agency from then on. Until on December 13, 2013, I was looking at my bank statement and saw that two $100 deposits were taken out of my checking account on behalf of this company, Press Talent Management & Development. This money was taken out of my account without my consent, or agreement to sign with the agency. When I contacted the company, Ms. ***** informed me that she would now cancel my paperwork and I would not be refunded my money even though, I spoke with the receptionist about not signing with the agency.

I would like my refund of $200 credited back to my account because this was the money I needed for bills and Christmas shopping. Without it, I was not able to do either; pay for my bill nor shop for Christmas gifts for my family. I would also like for the company, Press Talent Management & Development, to destroy my information so that this does not happen again.

After reviewing the paperwork, we noticed that ****** did not complete the paperwork. Because of this, the contract is not legally binding and we will be refunding the $200 to ****** *****. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. ******'s contract will be stored in a locked filing cabinet. We cannot destroy her contract due to Nevada requirements. I can, however, assure ****** that her card will never be run again and that her contract is void. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Press Talent has not provided us with a refund of the payments we made for my daughter's modeling. they seem to lie to us about returning it to us
My daughter was signed up for modeling with Press Talent. She recently decided she did not want to do it anymore. Especially since she had not received any modeling work like she was informed she would be receiving when she signed up. She was told they already knew of 5 events he could model for. She never received any work, and did not even had an audition since she signed up in August. So she decided to focus on college rather then modeling. **** at Press Talent stated she understood her leaving, and she would refund us our money. Including the amount that she had previously stated she would return back to me if she was not participating in a New York trip. ( I talked to **** a month before when she changed the amount of our payment for *******'s New York trip. I told her I had to talk to my husband as I did not think we could afford it. She stated for me to go home, and talk to him. Then if we can not afford it, to come back, and she would refund all the money to us). She stated she remembered our past conversation and her agreement to refund all out NY money to us. She said she had to wait until the owner came back to have her sign the check. Stating that even though it was Wednesday December, 04,2013, she was still out of town for Thanksgiving. The owner was returning on Monday, and we were to pick up the check on Tuesday. On Tuesday she once again said the owner was out of town, and that she would call my husband today. We did not receive a call from her. When my husband called her, he was told she had just stepped out, and would call him back. She never called him back. When I call her a little later, I received the same answer that she just stepped out and she would call me back in 5 minutes. She never called me back. I learned that others who requested their money back from them, receive the same answer about the owner being out of town. So we are still waiting for our check for $2140. We want our money back and they refuse to talk to us about it or refund us a check

we want our full amount refunded back to us. We would like a check issued to us and this matter resolved.

The documentation that ***** ******* originally signed was for lifetime photography and modeling classes for ******* *******. In her original contract, it states she is not guaranteed work. We have had a number of different auditions since August that she did not or was unable to attend due to her own scheduling. ******* has had a photoshoot completed, plus her training with Press Talent. She was chosen by one of our agents to attend a modeling competition in New York called IMTA. A verbal agreement was made that if ******* decided she was not going to attend IMTA, her IMTA funds would be returned to her. At this time, ******* has decided not to attend the IMTA. We will be refunding all funds paid into IMTA to the ******* family. We do have signed documentation stating that if the talent, *******, decided not to attend IMTA, all funds are non-refundable after December 1st. As previously stated, we will still be refunding the IMTA funds to the family to keep cordial business relations. As for the other contract, Section 9 of the enrollment agreement does state that no refund will be given for any funds paid into the contract. Since ******* did receive our services (i.e. modeling classes and a full fashion portfolio, that is currently in her possession) we will not be refunding those funds to the family, but will negotiate a cancellation option. The IMTA funds will be paid back in the sum of $1492.94. Thank you.

10/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They are continually scamming people and getting over on them and has been shut down. They have switched states and changed business names and is NOT a legit modeling agency.
Product_Or_Service: $645 contract and no real work

The maximum settlement and I want them shut down permanently and pay a fine!!!!

******** signed with our agency on Saturday, October 5th 2013 and wrote this complaint two days later. We do not understand what the complaint is about as he had only been signed with us for only two days and we are closed on Sundays and Mondays which was explained to him when he signed. We have attempted to contact this client multiple times via email and telephone and have not been successful in reaching him. We feel that we cannot solve the issue if we do not know what the issue is. He had been signed with us for two days and didn't even give the company a chance to provide a service to him.

04/27/2015Problems with Product / Service
02/24/2015Billing / Collection Issues
04/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The classes are stagnant due to new students, or so the "teacher"/"instructor" stated. Classes are overpriced.
I attended a class and I was not satisfied at all with what was done. The entire class consisted of taking turns going up and down a "runway". I do understand these are children and they do need to do things over and over again, but, I spoke to the instructor and she said she could not move forward if everyone could not do what was asked of them. Which makes sense, but, they kept getting new students. Open enrollment means someone is always going to be behind. They will never be able to move forward. I asked them how I could get out of the contract and they would not tell me. I asked to pay a fee to terminate the contract but they would not tell me the price.
****** ***** was the agent that pressured me into the contract. I have invested $401.72 in Press Management for classes I am not satisfied with and am not attending.

All I want is to be let out of the contract. No refund is necessary. I no longer want to be affiliated with Press Talent in any way. I do not want to take advantage of access to classes/photo shoots that the contract binds me to. I paid for the class I attended, I will not attend another. I did not attend the modeling classes and I never used the marketing. I will pay for the rest of the photos from the photo shoot, IF we can part ways afterward and I can keep the photos. I have already invested $401.72 in Press Talent that I am counting as a loss.

To whom it may concern,

******* ********* did sign a contract for $750 and purchased photos for $320. I would be more than happy to cancel out the rest of the contract and let her pay the remaining balance of $160 for photos. Never once was this brought up to the agency that she wanted to cancel out her account. We have tried to contact Ms. ********* numerous times through phone and via-email. As for the modeling classes; kids, teenagers, and adults all walk up and down the runway during most of the time. To be a model you have to practice your walk day in and a day out. I do apologize for Ms. ********* experience she had with Press Talent Management NV, LLC and more than happy to work with her.

*Please see scanned documents with a check for $160.00 to get her photos. Thank you.

04/23/2013Problems with Product / Service