BBB Accredited Business since 10/27/2005

C & K Distributing

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

06/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Business continues to contact me at my home despite requesting multiple times that they stop harassing me. I am on the do not call list and have reported them multiple times with no resolution.

for them to stop calling me.

To Whom It May Concern: Thank you for giving us a chance to respond to Mr. ***** complaint. We do our best to never contact anyone to the do not call list. The calling list we use is supposed to only have numbers that are not on the do not call list. Unfortunately, mistakes do happen both with the list and employees. Mr. ******* has our sincere apologies and my assurance we will do everything in our power to not call him again.

04/10/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

This salesman that was selling the blue max told us there was a hepa filter on their vaccum, we were told that ***** is the only vaccum to have a patent on the hepa filters though when the ***** guys came by. We compared our new cleaned out blue max to a brand new ***** and the blue max couldn't keep up with the *****. No sucction compaired to the *****. I emailed the company to let them know that their vaccum doesn't even compare to the ***** and they shouldn't be charging 3200.00 bucks for what they are selling and I never got a response back. Not happy with my purchase and feel like we got ripped off for what we bought!

I would love to return this product so I can buy something that works better! This vaccum is only 2 1/2 months old.

To whom it may concern:

This complaint is not with us but with C&K Distributing. C&K Distributing is the company that sold the machine to this customer. Please Forward the complaint on to them and remove from our file.

Thank you.

No because my complaint needs to be sent to C&K distributing to get my answer. Thanks

01/02/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We are on the National and Colorado Do Not Call Lists. Company has been told numerous times not to call our home, but we continue to get calls from them.
The last call (11/10/12 @ 11:10 am) we received from them was disturbing because they asked to take a 60 second "survey" wanting to know our household income, marital status, cars driven, if we had dogs, types of credits cards used. Told them we were on the DNC lists, but agent didn't seem to care. Didn't answer questions and hung up because they sounded like they were casing the house to rob it.
They have called here before under other numbers and company names: 719-258-1709 Solar Wavs, 719-622-0295, 719-358-2901.
Have contact company before to have our name taken off their list, but they don't. We are sick of them not following FTC Do No Call rules!
They should be heavily fined and made to stop doing business in this manner as it is personally invasive and disturbing to our privacy and peace of mind thinking someone might be casing our home to rob it!

Permanently remove us from their call lists and never call our home again!

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this complaint While we are very careful in complying with all the laws concerning the no call list, mistakes do happen. The list of numbers we do call, have all the numbers on the state and national no call list erased. So typically this is not a problem* however between computers or human errors it is possible for a number to be on there that is not supposed to be.
Another explanation of why we have called Mr. ****** is he may have signed up for one of our prize giveaways on the internet or in person. In this case we will call the person to notify if they are receiving a prize. Because they have given us their number for tliis purpose, the no call list rules do not apply. If he has registered for more than one giveaway we would have called him for each registration*
That being said I will make sure the phone representatives have proper training on how to handle a situation such as this. Making sure we take Mr. ******, or anyone else who complains, off our call list,

Same response as December 3rd letter.
C&K does not respond to their business practice of their survey. They ask what type of cars you drive, if you are married, income level, if you have dogs at your house, and what types and how many credit cards you have. This type of information could be used to rob the house, or used to steal identities!
If you have supposedly won a contest, why do they need to know this information? To ask for this type of information is disturbing and misleading because you didn't "win" anything.
Bottom line, they are trying to sell you something. You didn't win a contest. These types of calls need to stop, they are misleading (you didn't win anything), disturbing (sounds like they are casing the place to rob it), and an invasion of privacy.
These type of telemarketer phone calls are wrong. If you win a contest, then they should just grant the prize without asking prying questions.
If they want to sell you something, then C&K should sell the product and not ask for personal information in the guise of a "survey" that could be used to potentially harm a caller through robbery or identity theft. Personal information should not be gotten until after a product is sold and if needed the customers credit is required.
The way that C&K Distributing conducts their telemarketing "surveys and contests" is unscrupulous and dishonest. They need to change the way they conduct their telemarketing and revise their telephone sales practices by getting rid of the prying personal questions and just sell their products.

01/28/2015Advertising / Sales Issues
12/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Called on 11/13/2014 and said they just had a short survey. Questions became more and more personal, I got off the phone when they started asking questions about our credit card.

Please ask them to respect the do not call list, or get them fined if they do not.

To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you for giving us a chance to respond to Ms.********* complaint. I am very sorry if called we called Ms. ****** and she is on the no call list. We do everything we can to avoid calling people that are on the no call list including building lists of phone numbers that have had all such numbers removed. Unfortunately, once in great while we find a number on the list that should not have been on there. We do appreciate that this error has been called to our attention and will make sure it is removed and she will receive no more calls from us. Part of the survey does ask which credit cards they prefer, we never ask for a number or any personal information.

**************
C&K DISTRIBUTING
Owner

I would accept this except for the fact that evidently they do not have a good list, if you will research the internet there are numerous complaints about people getting called from this company. It is not "Just once in a great while."

08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I filed a complaint against this company 5/28/14. I've received nothing, so I'm assuming it never got filed. So here goes again:MISREPRESENTATION-The sales person gained access to our home by appointment, through misrepresenting the product. We were told it was an air purification system. When he entered and we saw the "glorified" wet/dry vacuum, we asked why? Three hours later we got the salesman out of the house.PRODUCT DISSATISFACTION-This vacuum was sold to us as a cleaning system for our hardwood and tile floors. Once I tried cleaning these floors myself, which happens to be 2/3rd of the 2300 sq. ft. home I have, I found this not to be the case and had to go back to the ****** ($60.00 micro-fiber mop system)product I'd used before to clean without streaks. I started calling, C& K Distributing, the salesman that came to the house and Silver King themselves. I was told it should work, but no one was willing to come over and clean all the floors, instead of a 6" square. No one was willing to stand behind the satisfaction guarantee and pick up the vacuum, as I requested either! I have a ***** ******, that cost 6x's less and handles the carpeted floors perfectly and doesn't have costly filters!PRICING - I was unhappy with the cost from the get go, but besides representing it as a complete floor care and air filtrating system, they discounted (from 3200-2500)and said I could do a 6 month deferred payment, then 6 months of $112. payments before I would have to pay the balance. This did not happen, they had the wrong due date which took me forever to get corrected and then it had to be paid in 6 months and the finance company charged $94.50 interest from the get go. Being retired on a fixed income this created a real hardship to come up with the $2475.00 at income tax time. Good thing I have good credit to fall back on and use to come up with this large sum. I will make sure other's do not get taken advantage of.
Product_Or_Service: 9/3/13

1. They either come and demonstrate that this "glorified" wet/dry vacuum can clean to my satisfaction, the 2/3rds of my floors that are going untouched by their machine now.2. Refund my money and take the machine back.3. Refund 2/3rd's of the money paid and I'll keep the wet/dry vacuum, with a lifetime supply of filters.I've given several avenues for them to make this right. They can continue to do nothing and I will make it my duty to inform others before they are SCAMMED by these people.

To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you for giving us a chance to respond to Mrs. *****™s complaint When Mrs. ***** contacted me about the payments starting on the wrong date, I contacted the finance company and had them adjust the date of the first payment to the date she wanted. This was not free; I had to pay the finance company to do this, but felt it was worth the expense to keep the customer happy. As far as the interest goes, she was told over the phone by the finance company when she had to pay the balance off to avoid interest and was also sent a letter with the date. Mrs. ***** did have the 6 months same as cash option, and it did move back when I adjusted the first payment date, she just failed to pay it off in time.
Mrs. ****™s other complaints are about our representative getting in the house under misrepresentation, and dissatisfaction with the product. I will address these complaints as well, however, this is the first I have heard of these complaints from Mrs. *****. We refer to our product as a combination air purification system and home cleaning system, because it has many features that vacuum cleaners do not have. If there was any confusion as to what we were demonstrating, it would have been cleared up when our representative showed up at the home. She was under no obligation to purchase our product; she could have just filled out our survey and our representative would have given her the gifts and left. If she bad felt pressured into the sale or the product did not work as described she had 3 days by law to return the product to us and receive a full refund. She did not do this; she kept and used the product. There is an owner™s manual and also online video that she can access to learn how to better use the product. To ask us to come and clean her entire house for her really does not make any sense

Yes, I am interested in mediation. We were out of town at a reunion at ********** RV Park for a week from the 4th of July. So, this is the first I've had internet access, to read the response. What I want mediated, is the fact that this wet/dry vacuum does not work for 2/3rds of my house that is wood/tile flooring, either they supply me with something that will clean these floors, discount the vacuum accordingly, or take it back and refund my money. THIS IS THE ONLY COMPLAINT I'M WANTING RESOLVED AT THIS TIME!

To Whom It May Concern:
Thank you for giving us a chance to respond to Mrs. *****™s complaint. The Blue Max Air 2000 works well on tile, wood, or any other hard flooring. We did demonstrate this in her home when she purchased the machine. However, if Mrs. ***** is having trouble using it properly, we have videos on line at silverkingvacuumcleaners.com that should help. If the machine is not functioning properly, it is under warranty. If it is a manufacturers issue we will be happy to fix it As far as returning all or part of her money, federal law gives customers 3 days to return any product for a full refund for any reason, after 3 days the law protects us. Mrs. ***** had the machine for 6 months before she had any complaints. At first it was just a financing issue which I resolved. I knew nothing of her complaints about the machine until her letter to the BBB. For these reasons we will not discount, refund or return any of the purchase price of the product

Vacuum Cleaners - Household - Dealers