BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 09/22/2005
B & M Transmission Inc
Phone: (719) 550-8282
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product / Service||2|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|06/11/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair
Complaint: The 99 Chevy venture was picked up by B&M transmission. I was told the vehicle would be ready on April 10, 2013. After the vehicle being in their shop for days> I received a phone call on 10 April telling me the over haul kit was the wrong one and they had to order the right one. I was told by Ben it would still be ready on 11 April. He said he was going hunting and his business partner would handle as he had briefed him. Mike the business partner called me back at 2:18 pm to inform me the vehicle wouldn't be ready until 12 April. I explained my frustration at the amount of time it has taken to fix the vehicle. I told him he might want to change his business practice of telling someone when something would be done and not meeting that deadline. He began to get an attitude with me and I expressed to him he didn't need to get an attitude with me. He stated to me that he didn't appreciate my attitude and he would no longer talk to me and that I could just come pick up the vehicle tomorrow and hung up on me. I called back told Norma the secretary to have been call me on Monday. I also told her to let Ben know I would call the BBB and call ********** that I was referred to them by. I called ********** they will not refer to them anymore.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|06/21/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
Transmissions - Automobile, Transmissions - Truck, Tractor, Auto Repair & Service
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Southern Colorado. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*B & M Transmission Inc is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
Additional Phone Numbers
- (719) 550-3397
- (719) 550-3398
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Beginning August 1, 2013, the BBB of Southern Colorado began publishing complaint details for any complaint received AFTER October 20, 2012.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.