Southern Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 12/16/2012

Big O Tires - S Nevada

06/10/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

On 6/5/2013 I went to this Big O establishment to get tires replaced under warranty because the front tires had unsual wear and I thought they were defective. The manager told me they would not honor the warranty because the car had alignment issues and it wasn't covered in the warranty even though I had my alignment done when I originally purchased the tires. I then asked if they would align my car for me and they said it was going to cost $125, but I had a coupon for a $35.99 alignment which they would not honor either. The manager then just said goodbye and walked away. Right after that I went to a *********** to see if my alignment needed done and they took my car back and checked it and said that my car met all specifications and that there were no alignment issues and that the wear on my tires were do to defects. I called the Big O manager and told him this and he was not willing to listen to my claim and told me there was nothing he would be willing to do. I ended up having to go to another tire dealership to replace the worn defective tires.

I would like a refund for the 2 defective tires or 2 new tires. I was treated quite terribly, but I am willing to look past that and continue to be a patron of Big O if we come to a resolution.

customer stated he had unsual tire wear on his front two tires and would like to have them replaced under warranty. after a visual inspection my assesment was that the vehicle had sever alighnment problems,I then stated to the customer that mechanical failure was the cause of the tire wear and that it was not coverd under warranty.I then pulled the the vehical on the alighnment rack for a free alighnment ck.our mesurements showed that the toe was out 4.2 deg on the right front and -.4 deg camber on the left front,this was the definite cause of the tire wear.custamer also stated that he had a right front axle shaft replaced recently and did not have a alighnment done at that time,he also stated that he did not have the vehical alighned at time of tire install.I then gave the customer a est.on a alighnment (79.99)and a left front camber kit and labor (78.49)for a total of 163.64 out the door price,he then stated that he had a coupon for a 39.99 alighnment so i
adjusted the price to 123.64 out the door for alighnment and camber kit.customer declined repair at this time and asked for my store number on his way out the door.I have no record of this customer ever being in my store he stated that he had the tires put on up by denver.I feel the customer would not have been satisfied with anything that could have done,I also feel that big O was not responsible for replacing his tires due to the mechanical failure of the vehical.I consider this matter closed.

After leaving the establishment I went to *********** to get a second opinion, and to see how much it would cost to get an alignment since Big O said that it was badly off. After theyput my car on their rack the manager said that my alignment was fully within specifications the only issue I hadwas unusual tire wear and my axle bolt was slightly loosened. The Big O establishment on South Nevada in Colorado springs was just trying to take advantage of me, and I am sure they do this to other customers as well.

Tire Dealers, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Radiators - Automotive, Auto Repairing - Foreign, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Brake Service, Auto Repair & Service