Integra

09/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Upon leasing my current offices I found internet service from Comcast or Century Link was unavailable. Disappointed I found two companies that could provide internet via a T1 line. Integra was one.

I reluctantly signed with them after trying to negotiate an agreement other than a 3 year "contract". They forced me to sign a 3 year contract in order to gain service at all. Many discussions included their description that I had to sign a 3 year agreement for among other reasons they had to install a T1 "switch" which cost over $5000. During the install at my office they abandoned one of those $5000 switches which is now in a cupboard here. They never asked for it back or seemed to care where it ended up. Additionally the $5000 switch they installed and the one they left laying around are old and beat up and according to the specs plate on the device can be bought used all day on the internet for between $150 and $350 depending on condition. So that part of their "sales" pitch or insistence upon a 3 year agreement seems totally based on an untrue premise.

I'm asking Integra to agree to terminate my agreement early with no financial penalty or early termination charge. They are refusing.

That said I've been paying for service for a year and I'm at my wits end regarding the quality of the service I'm receiving. Some is well documented other days we just struggle through with poor service. Today between 11:00 am and 12:00 noon I had 10 separate instances where it took over 15 seconds just to delete an email. I received messages on almost all that my "server was not responding". Of the 10 emails 4 took over 30 seconds each to just delete. I contacted Integra service and after a lengthy hold I spoke with a representative named Scott at about 12:10 pm mountain time. At first he tried to tell me that was my computer's issue. Eventually he agreed that the delete process does entail deleting from the Integra mail server. Upon additional discussion he disclosed that they've been having a "load problem on their servers for about 2 months". I commented that we'd been having these types of issues for that long or maybe longer. I asked about resolution and his answer was "They are working on it". That's it.

Additional service issues I know have been documented specifically on 5/15/13. That week we could not answer incoming calls. After several calls to Integra documenting the service issue they finally "discovered" that my service was "dropping data packets". After they discovered this based on my complaints the problem was resolved, but I went 2+ days not receiving all my incoming calls.

I would really appreciate whatever assistance the BBB could offer in getting Integra to allow me to discontinue service and to be able to "port" my phone numbers to new service with Comcast or another provider of my choice.

Regards,

************************************************

Discontinue service with no early termination fee or cancellation penalty. Allowing me to replace service with Comcast or any other provider now available in my area.

Integra has researched the complaint filed by *******************************************. The customer claims to have Internet quality issues.
Integra agrees to release the customer from their contract and to not charge Early Termination Fees(ETF)for ending his contract before it is completed.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
**********