BBB Accredited Business since 08/01/2012

Cornerstone Real Estate Team

08/19/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I talked to **** **** (7-15-13) regarding the eviction of the tenant living in unit * at ******************* Colorado Springs, CO and **** told me I should talk to ******** ****** as she is responsible for managing the evictions. **** told me on 6-30-13 that a church had helped the tenants with $150.00 towards the rent. The tenants did not make up the balance of rent due. On July 15, 2013 I emailed ******** ****** asking for an update on the eviction. ******** responded saying she was having technical problems with getting something to an attorney. She was not specific in her email. On July 16, 2013 I sent ******** ****** another email asking for follow up regarding the status of the eviction. I did not receive an email from her. On July 18,2013 I called and left ******** ****** a voicemail to call me regarding the eviction. I did not receive any call back. On July 22, 2013 I sent email to ******** ****** (copied **** **** and ***** ****) asking for an update as to the status of the eviction. I have not received any response from any party regarding the eviction. On July 26, 2013 I called and left voicemail for ******** ****** to call me and provide an update to the eviction for apartment *.

1. Evict the tenant in Apt * immediately. 2. Return my phone calls and emails in a timely manner (24 hour call back). If Cornerstone cannot provide or chooses not to provide both of my requests then I would prefer Cornerstone to void the management contract immediately returning property management responsibilities to me and I will not be held liable for any termination fees if Cornerstone chooses to void the Property Management agreement between Cornerstone and **************************** (my company).

We have been in contact with Mr. ****** and have agreed to his terms of resolution. We will keep him in constant contact with no longer than 24 hours notice between responses. *** experienced Technical issues which played a roll in e-mails that failed to reach their intended destination. The tenant eviction has been completed and we are working with Mr. ****** to a solution that reaches his satisfaction. We believe that this complaint is largely a miscommunication and that Mr. ****** will retract his complaint once the remaining details are resolved at the end of this month.

10/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Cornerstone management charged pest control fees that were not listed in the leasing documents, had to demand refunds and non-payment of that charge. The management also retained $164.10 after completing a move out inspection and stating that I would be entitled to a full refund of deposit. 40 days later, I receive a check minus the $164.10 with no explanation or record of withdrawn amount. After contacting the management team, stated they had to remove pet odors from carpet, after I had the carpets professionally cleaned, and they verified during the inspection that everything was clean and would be entitled to full deposit refund.

I request my initial deposit in full, as promised by ******, the property manager who conducted the move out inspection with me.

To Whom it may concern, I just received the second notice. Our address was missing the box number of ***************** did not pay his last utility bill of $64.10 and he also left dog feces and dog urine embedded in the carpet that K&J Property Enhancement had to re clean as per the attached letter. We only withheld $164.10 when we could have withheld a lot more for painting and additional cleaning (most carpet cleaning companies would have charged a lot more than $100 to remove dog feces and pet uring) that was not done as well as the next months rent per the lease based on the property not being rentable when ********** moved out. As noted in **********'s letter, we gave him back his deposit 40 days after he moved when the lease gives us 60 days to do this. We expedited the deposit and didn't charge for items we could have charged for per the attached lease. Please let us know if you need anything else. I have attached the letter from the contractor as well as the lease.

The utility bill was never presented to me, or given a chance to pay the remaining balance. As far as the apartment condition. ****** completed the final walkthrough with me personally. She never once stated anything about the condition of the carpet, walls, or any other condition of the unit. She stated everything looked fine, and I would receive my full deposit back. There was no dog feces in the unit, if so please provide proof or a picture. My dog is very small and well trained, as far as the attachment included. The carpet did not have to be replaced, therefore the listing of fees is non relevant. The point of the matter is, I was promised by ****** to receive my full deposit back,and was never told anything about further cleaning to the unit or utility fees. The unit was very rentable when I moved out, I have pictures of the unit. Again I request my remainder of $100 refunded back to me as promised. Further denial will result in legal action. Cornerstone has repeatedly denied excellent tenant communication and service. I have all records of email, financial transactions and also have a copy of the lease.

Real Estate Rental Service, Property Management, Real Estate - Commercial, Real Estate