Southern Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 12/16/2008

Andrae Michaels National Portrait Company

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

10/29/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The 20th of September, my fiance and I were on at date at the Greeley Mall, a man called us to a booth at told about this sale. The guy at the booth said "The sale is a 90$ value for only 30$!" We thought it'd be cool, since we had never gotten professional pictures. So the guy collected 20$ of the 30$, and told us to pay the last 10$ to the photographers when we came to take the pictures. We got a reminding call to get our pictures done. The 27th of September, we came in, were there for about 10 minutes and got maybe 15 pictures taken, we only could choose one background and there werent any props. After we were done, we got a reminder card to come back to get them on the 6th of October. We got a reminder text saying to come get them on the 3rd. My fiance came to get them this morning, the day we were told, and they showed him the pictures and told him he needed to pay 200$. He asked why and they said it was because of how many were taken.
It was a 90$ value for only 30$ we were told. Niether the papers, cards, texts, calls, or were we verbally told about this extra 200$.

I would like them to refund the extra 200$ that they lied to us about. It was taken off my fiance's card, that money was going to go to other things.

*********

First I want to apologize that you feel you have been lied too. I would like to address where you stated in your complaint that NO where in any of our papers, cards, texts or calls did we inform you that there would be extras available for purchase.

I have uploaded a copy of the certificate that you purchased for your review. It states "This certificate entitles the person and family of______to the first pose portrait package consisting of 1-10x13, 2-5x7's and 16 mini wallets." This is what you paid the $20.00 for at the time you signed up. The certificate also states "For your convenience additional finished portraits will be available 12-14 days after the portraits are taken. We accept cash or credit card only please."

I also uploaded a copy of the sitting card that you received on the day you had your portraits taken, with your pick-up. Andrae Michaels NPC accepts cash and credit/debit cards only. Thank you for your business.

In addition I have uploaded a copy of the text message that we send as a reminder to all of our customers and a copy of the receipt that your fiance signed, it states "ALL SALES FINAL." In the digital age it is so easy for copyrighted portraits to be copied that we can never be to careful, so we make sure to put that upfront right on the receipt for the customer to see before they sign.

As you can see we do our best to inform customers that we will have additional portraits available for purchase. We however do not say or imply that it is mandatory to buy these portraits. If customers like the additional portraits and the CD option, yes, they would need to pay for that package.

Andrae Michaels is also a company run by normal people, just like you and we understand that even with all the precautions we take no one is perfect. We would like to offer you a partial refund of $75.00 and you will still get to keep ALL of the products that your fiance purchased and took home with him yesterday.

Please contact the Corporate Office at ****************** so that we may obtain your address, to send your partial refund too.

Thank you for contacting us via the BBB and giving us the opportunity to help resolve this situation for you.

12/09/2014Advertising / Sales Issues
07/24/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
04/19/2012Problems with Product / Service
04/19/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
01/07/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I paid for and ordered a CD with all of our pictures from our photography session.This should have given me the rights to all of our pictures and it should have given me the opportunity to be able to print any picture of the sitting.I have informed 3 employees from Andrae Michaels Photography Studios, I will need all of the pictures before the end of November. I was informed they should be able to do that.The CD arrived on December 3rd which already cost me extra money to hold mailing to Germany. Not only that, I did not receive all of the pictures on the CD (most important one was family Christmas picture, not included on CD)I have informed Andrae Michaels that I no longer have the opportunity to take advantage if my copyright and therefor would return the CD and am asking for the money's back for such copyright.They are refusing a full refund and have not offered a partial refund as well.Products were paid for and ordered, but was not delivered in its entirety.
Product_Or_Service: CD with family pictures/Copyright
Account_Number: Sitting #47

I would like a full refund of my payment for copyrights. I will be happy to sign any paperwork to relinquish my copyrights.I will be happy to send back CD with pictures I did not want or need.Full cost of copyright charged to me was $200, this is the refund I ask in return as well.

Mrs. Johnson,

After receiving your claim I did extensive research on your order and this is what we have in our records. You purchased 21 sheets of portraits and a CD with a full copy right release. The Total price paid was $289.99, the 21 sheets came to $239.99 and the CD was 50.00, each was discounted because you purchased a package.
Regarding the matter of the copy right release we print the release directly on the front of the CD to make it more convenient for the customer, so you would not have received a separate paper copy.
Your package was purchased November 17th and you took home all 21 sheets with you that day. Any specialty products purchased such as CDs take 4-8 weeks to create and mail to the customer, this is stated very clearly in BOLD on your receipt you signed the day of purchase. As you stated before you did receive your CD December 3rd which is only 2 weeks and 2 days after purchase, well before the 4-8 weeks that is promised. You stated that you informed 3 Andrae Michaels Employees that you would need all of the pictures by the end of November and you actually received all of the pictures by November 17th.
You received the CD on December 3rd and you waited until Dec 17th to contact us about the portrait that is missing from the CD, if you had contacted us on that same day we would have been able to Email you the missing image or burn a new CD and overnight it to you. Unfortunately you did not give us the opportunity to do so.
If I understand correctly you are requesting a full refund for the CD (copy rights come included when you purchase a CD). Even though you did receive your CD well within the guaranteed time limit and the CD is a copyright protected item which we DO NOT offer refunds our ultimate goal is customer satisfaction and you are dissatisfied and want to fix that. Our customers are very important to us. I will offer you a full refund of the price that you paid for the CD, $50.00. Please respond as soon as possible for today is the last day our accountant will be available to process this refund until the 27th of December.

The representative and my receipt reflect $200 for the CD. It is a complete lie that it was only $50.00.
Anyone calling the office will be informed of just that amount as well.
I received a discount on the picture package yes, but that us what I was offered and I took the offer. I did however not receive a discount on the CD and what they call copyrights.

I also gave Andrae Michael plenty of opportunity to get it to me but could not get a response until much later.

Shame on your business to lie about your customers and cheat them where you find fit.

Photographers - Portrait