BBB Accredited Business since 06/16/2011

Moving Day Inc

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On July 20, 2014, Moving Day moved our household goods from our sold home to an apartment we'll be residing in temporarily. During the unloading of our household goods, the strap holding our king size mattress and box spring upright in the moving truck snapped and fell over onto our foot board and head board, damaging it significantly. The lead mover took several pictures of the damages and said that he would be submitting a claim to their insurance, as he didn't think the damages could be repaired. He told me that he could follow up with me on the following Wednesday.

On July 24th, after not hearing from anyone, I called and spoke to the same lead mover. He said that he'd contacted the insurance company, but hadn't heard back from them yet. He said he'd contact me early the following week.

I called again, after not hearing from anyone, on July 29th. This time I was able to speak with the owner, ****. **** told me that this was the first he'd heard of any damage during our move. He promised to speak with the employees involved and contact a furniture repair service that he often used. I communicated my uncertainty that the furniture could be repaired, but that I was open to the repair person looking at the damages and even attempting to fix the pieces. **** promised that if it could not be repaired satisfactorily, it would be replaced.

On August 1st, I reached out to Moving Day again via phone and I did not leave a voicemail. A few minutes later, **** called back. (Admittedly, I don't think he realized he was calling me back. I believe he just saw a missed call and returned it.) In this conversation he said that he'd spoken to the furniture repair company and that they suggested the head board and foot board be brought to their shop for them to inspect and attempt to repair. The pieces would be transported to their shop at our convenience, with **** picking them up in one of their trucks that weekend.

As of today, August 8, the furniture has not been picked up and I have not heard from **** in an attempt to pick up the head board and foot board. At this point, I have little confidence that the situation will be resolved without mediation.

We only ask that the furniture be repaired (at no cost to us) in such a way that it is returned to it's condition prior to the move. If that cannot be accomplished, then we would like the pieces to be replaced.

Attached is the original invoice for the furniture. In a phone call placed to Woodley's recently, the cost to replace our bed would be $1,912.00. I can forward the email from the Woodley's salesperson at your convenience.

I am writing this letter in response to the complaint I received from ********** about our not following through with the repair pick up. I have since called ********** and explained to her that our repair service that we contract through did not have any available space for the headboard and footboard at the time. We were instructed by them to wait about a week until they could get caught up on some other pending jobs they had. When I received the call to bring the damaged items over I called ********** and informed her that I was ready to make the pick up. I didn't realize that a complaint had already been filed with the BBB. I feel that the complaint was completely unnecessary since we had already made contact with ********** and were resolving the issue as we both agreed upon. The damaged items are being picked up this week and will be repaired. I don't see that any further action is needed at this point. Thank you.

09/17/2012Problems with Product / Service