In Southern Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 09/01/2012

ACC Home Improvement

08/14/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

Complaint: Did 2 jobs for ACC Home Improvement and did not receive payment on either job.

This company was hired by ACC Home Improvement, LLC. to do a walkway at a house and a landing pad at a deck at a different house. ACC H I was in a schedule crunch and attempted to establish a business connection with a "never before used" company. I explained to the "girlfriend" of the complainant in a lengthy conversation about *** H Is high degree of ethics during all business affairs. The Girlfriend then promoted her boyfriends company as "the same" type of company, to me. I explained to the girlfriend a scheduling mix up and that I needed some flat work done. She told me her boyfriend would call asap. To my delight, ***** called me that evening. During our initial conversation ***** agreed to have his girlfriend fax over all proof of insurance w9 etc. including workers compensation, if needed, general liability and said w9 I text-ed his girlfriend the following morning asking for those docs to be faxed asap she replied "no problem, ill get them right over" Frankly ***** got on site to do these jobs that next day which got me back on schedule. Two days later I called the Girlfriend to let her know I never received the paperwork as requested. I did not get a response until the following day stating she would not be sending over those documents due to the fact these jobs were "under the table" and they were not going to claim the jobs because they were too small. I explained to this woman that all jobs would be claimed in my company and no sub contractor was exempt from this mandatory government process. I also explained to this woman that I needed to get an invoice for the work to be paid out. However, due to the inherent potentiality of concrete defects presenting once the curing process begins I would not pay the full invoice until at least two weeks after the pour reiterating the need for an invoice and the paperwork to get the process going. We performed a standard quality check on the two properties and discovered multiple workmanship issues on both projects especially the pad site. honey combing was prevalent at this site and needed repaired. this was a stamped colored pad and a line was obviously present across the pattern. This is caused by improper overlapping of the stamp pads. there was no color added to the concrete which was specified before the pour. I was actually on site to oversee the process due to the fact it was the first time using this company but arrived late and did not see the lack of color in the mix. The pad was cover with a release agent which obscured the entire top of the pad. the walkway project was finished with a broom texture but was dragged much to deep but was tolerable. due to the fact I took a risk on a new sub contractor I felt that this outcome was acceptable and I made the decision to accept our agreed upon price for this project. the pad on the other hand was not acceptable by any means and proposed a discounted rate due to the lack of workmanship. I did not charge my customer for this porting of the project therefore seeking a discount on this project.

The bottom line here:
1. I was never given an invoice for the work performed at these two projects.
2. ***** stated on multiple occasions that he would not send over the requested paperwork to create a file on him in my company
3. the agreed upon amount of $1700 is fictitious.
4. the agreed upon amount was $350 per job (his minimum fee) plus materials on the walkway job.
5. ***** expects to get payment on jobs he did not perform at an acceptable degree of workmanship and has shown us that he is a highly unethical business man. I will only pay for our original verbal agreement of payment and will deduct all tax and insurance economic burden that these projects will cause. I have contacted both of my insurance agents to get these numbers.

***** has exhibited an ability to lie and slander at will and should be investigated for non compliance of workers comp laws in this state. He had employees at both job sites working these jobs.

the first step for ***** is to send me an invoice.
please note:
1. I have saved all correspondence with ***** and his girlfriend and will present this if requested.
2. I will deduct all financial burden from *****'s final invoice.
3. the pad has since been repaired and that work order and subsequent invoice will be directly deducted from *****'s final invoice for that job.

Please keep in mind I have attempted multiple times to resolve this and ***** has not come up with a fair solution for the problems that exist and has not generated an invoice of documents as requested. I was informed of an ad placed on ********** by ***** and will aggressively pursue a slander case against this man if this occurs again.

Home Improvements/Remodeling, Electric Vehicles - Home Charging Station, Windows, Doors, Windows - Installation & Service, Basement Finishing, Patio & Deck Builders, Home Improvements - Additions, Electricians, Contractors - General