BBB Accredited Business since 05/15/1997

Apollo Propane Inc

04/15/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 12/2/15 I called Apollo Propane Inc to come & fill the tank at my rented property on ********************************** when calling the representative asked what was my current meter reading I told her that it was on 25% I stated to her that I only wanted my tank to be at 80% she told me okay & that it would cost $187 once the propane man came he put in more gas then I wanted causing the amount to be $209.90 I immediately called the company & told them that we agreed that I only wanted to be filled up until 80% they said they would refund the difference to my visa card & have someone come out the next day & take out the difference no one never came out days & weeks went by then I received a bill on 1/19/16 for ($42.02) $34.90 for residential plus $6.12 for pay on account visa/mc & $1.00 for finance charge I called them the same day & was told theres a lot going on on this account & they someone would call me back before the day is out I finally got a call back from the owner Kristin she explain to me that she had spoken to the owner of the property & that he told her to keep the propane in the tank no where in my lease does it say that when renting this property that the propane company has permission to discuss any of my personal information with the owner or anyone else the owner does not pay any bills at my current rented residency I asked why did she discuss my personal account & information with the owner & I was told because he is the owner & they can do that she also goes on to say if I don't need any propane before my lease ends that I wouldn't have to pay the $42.02 & if I am needing propane before leaving that they would take out 42.02 from my visa card after taking all of this in I didn't understand this situation that well so I had my friend get on the phone so that she would get a better understanding my friend asked was there any supporting documents for what was being said Kristen said she owns the company & doesn't have to have any proof she then grew frustrated & my friend no longer felt comfortable on the phone & respectfully hung up I don't know why they didn't just come & take out the difference of gas when I asked them to this company is forcing me to pay more then I wanted to pay I do not have large amounts of money to dish out

Just make it an even exchange for the inconvenience also for discussing my personal business with the owner

Please see attached online.

The company is not stating facts with proof

Please see attached