BBB Accredited Business since 04/27/2006

Norwest Auto Sales Inc

02/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

****** told us to bring the car back and they would look at it. We put a few hundred dollars of parts on it and the car still overheated and so we couldn't take it back. They never offered to help. We finally got it running good enough to take it the 40 miles and when we got it there they told us they were going to charge us to look at it. I haven't made the last two payments on the car so in frustration I left it there. All the employees are rude and obnoxious. I called the car junk and ****** yelled at my girlfriend ***** and it was me to state it's junk. It's a big fat lemon with probably a cracked head.They are rude and deceptive people. The car when it ran drove fine other than constantly overheating. Been to everyone in Pueblo and nobody has a clue other than a cracked head.Spent hundreds of dollars and many hours of my time. I have cancer and getting operated on the 23rd of this month and don't need the grief. We ask for a trade for another car and everything would be fine but there attitude stinks and I refuse to take it. We would like another vehicle but not playing games with them. Thank you for your time .....We have copies of all the paper work including the power train warranty that is now expired. They knew about this problem an hour after we bought the car.****** is a snob and hard to talk too. She said they would look at it when I got the car there she changed her mind and told me it was going to cost me $120. The car is being sold on 1/17/2014

either another car or our money back and compensation for the work I put into the BMW and all the parts.
We traded a van $1100 and put $300 down....forget the payments we made just want the $1400 so we can go get another car elsewhere.
I don't even really car about the parts and time just want them off our backs.

To Whom It May Concern,
**************** and*********** did in fact purchase a vehicle from us on 07/03/2014. They mentioned shortly after purchasing it that they were having trouble with it overheating. We offered to help them with it, but were told that he was a mechanic and was going to take care of it. When he came in the next time, he mentioned that he had figured out what was wrong and fixed it.
The next time I heard about a problem with their car was when ****** called them to make their past due payment. They said the car was a piece of **** and having all kinds of problems. We advised them to bring it in and we would look at it. They never did. The following month ****** called again when their payment was past due, and again they said the car was a piece of ****. Again, we advised them to bring it in and we would look at it. They did not. The only time they complained about the car was when a payment was due.

They failed to pay at all in December and when we called in January for now 2 past due payments, again, we were told that the car was a piece of ****. Again, we advised him to bring it in and we would look at it. He came in on approximately Jan 7,2014 with the vehicle and advised me that the head gasket was bad. I told him if that was the case, I would have to take it to a shop down the street to confirm that diagnosis, and it would cost $125.00, as we do not have the proper tools to make this diagnosis. I asked him what he wanted to do about the payments and he said he wasn't paying for it if it was broken, and he didn't want to pay for anyone to diagnose it. He told me just to keep the car and I would hear from his attorney and he was done with it. He proceeded to the parking lot, where he removed all his belongings and license plates. We consider this to be a voluntary repossession. He screeched his tires out of my lot and flipped me the bird as he left. He has never mentioned anything to me about trading this vehicle in, and frankly, with their pay history, we would not finance them again.

I had my mechanic check the vehicle when he left, and we determined it had a cooling fan that was not coming on, not a bad head gasket as he had suggested. The approximate price of repair is $550.00. I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE In Pueblo could have missed this. We then sent the consumer a 10 day notification of repossession.
We will proceed with the legal process of repossession and then forward their account to our collection attorney.

As you are well aware, we have an A+ rating with your company, and have been in business for over 20 years. We strive to give excellent customer service and always assist customers with many needs after the sale. Some people just can't be helped, and Mr ******** and Ms. **** are a prime example of this.

******** *****
President
Norwest Auto Sales, Inc.

We just want our down payment back. Keep the car we already replaced the fan. The car would overheat and that's why we couldn't get it back to them. We chanced it the day we took it back and it made the trip. Read all the forums on line and they will tell you how BMW's overheat intermittently. So I'm not going to answer anymore replies from the car lot as "my grammar is so poor and incorrect". I only wish to get a refund for the down payment not asking for the cost of the van or parts we installed.

Part of me says not to even dignify this complaint with a response, however, I must respond to this part. I never said everyone in Pueblo was stupid. What I said was I had a hard time believing that "everyone" in Pueblo missed the diagnosis as Mr. ******** suggested. He(by his own admission) took it to a couple people. Not everyone, as he originally suggested. We told him on several occasions to bring the car in and we would look at it. He was able to get it up here in January, but not November. This just doesn't make sense. I am not sure what he is even asking for because his letter is so grammatically incorrect and doesn't make one ounce of sense. I no longer wish to see any letters from Mr. ******** that are just full of name calling and disrespectful comments. We have repaired the car and if he would like to pay the repair bill and get the payments current, we can discuss him getting the car back, even though his cure period has expired.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars