BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/1992

Nevada Auto Sales

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In October of 2011 we bought a 2002 Ford Taurus, from Nevada Auto Sales. They told us that the only problem was that the heater did not blow hot air. We had the heater core replaced and found out that the whole radiator system was corrupted. We have had the radiator flushed several times since we have bought the vehicle. The electrical system in the car is shorting out, and this started in the old stereo that was in the car. The steering column is out of whack and the car tires have to be strait in order for you to even start the car. We talked to Nevada Auto Sales bank *************, and they set up an appointment to meet with someone at Nevada Auto Sales to fix the issue. We were then told that we would have to fill out some more paper work and they would be able to help us. They then told us that we could get a new car, but had to put a couple thousand down. The man then took the car for a drive to see if he could see what the problem is. When the man came back inside he told us that the car diffidently had mechanical problems and that he would have to speak to his boss and the bank and would give us a call the following day. He never called us back and when we called down there, he had already left for the evening. Instead of taking care of the problem, they were trying to get us to buy another car. This car has cost us more that the vehicle that we traded in for the car, we are not satisfied with there products or there service.

We are seeking either the problems with the car be fixed, get a refund, or a vehicle that is reliable and is not going to start breaking down a month after the car is purchased.

Nevada Auto Sales did rectify the problem yesterday, and we were satisfied with the out come. They let us get a different vehicle and took the other vehicle that we were having problems with.

12/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bill and mike sold me a lemon and tried to say the car was inspected and it passed their so-called inspection. I have recorded proof from a.s.e. mechanics, brake specialists, and their own salespeople stating that the car isn't no good and that bill lied about the car. i still have the messages and testimonies for proof if needed. also the water pump is faulty and when I showed bill proof about that, he refused to fix it or anything. after I did some more investigations, he called less than a day later saying that he would pay to have the pumped fixed. but that is only because he did not have the car inspected and i have proof of that as well.

I would like a car that was inspected and is free from faults.

Mr. ****** purchased on 6-12-15.The vehicle he purchased was safety inspected by an independent facility on 5-15-15. Mr. ****** stated a possible transmission issue. We had his vehicle inspected again on 10-17-15. It was noted he had a water pump leak. The vehicle had additional miles of 8006. We as a goodwill gesture did have the water pump repaired at no cost to Mr. ******. Mr. ****** has an extended service contract but he did not use it for this matter. Mr. ****** is aware of all facts here and was provided the documentation I am sending with this response via the postal service. The documents I am providing does show the vehicle inspections and repairs made. We take these complaints seriously and do all we can to provide excellent customer service. If Mr.******* has documentation he would like to share with us, we are happy to review it.

07/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My husband and I bought a 2004 Kia Sorrento back in October of 2013 and ever since we got it it's been in and out of the shop at least 2 or 3 times a month. We also found out that the transmission is bad, the brakes and power steering are bad as well. About a month ago they said that they can put us in a better car but when we got it was as bad as the Kia. They then told us that we needed to give the car back and take the Kia since my husband didn't want them calling his command. Since we got the Kia back it's been worse then it was before and the part where the windshield washer fluid goes has a big hole it when it didn't have that before.

We want either a better car for us and our children without my husbands command having to be called and without the people we put down as referrals being called or we want our money back and for the car to be paid off without making anymore payments.

On the application Mr. & Mrs. ***** completed, Mr******* provided incorrect information for his employment
The vehicle was delivered to the *****'s based on the belief the information was correct Mr. *****refused to provide the correct information. Our lenders do require employer information for the purpose of verification. The approval was based on the belief the information was correct and could be verified. The information could not be verified therefore the lender did not accept the deal.
All vehicles are sold AS-1S. Though not obligated to do so, we made repairs to the ******'s vehicle at no cost to them.
We believe we have gone above and beyond to assist them.

They did help us with getting the car fixed but they car still is have some of the same problems, It's seem like it is leaking gas and has been since it was bought. I brought it to the shop like they told me to and I was told that nothing was wrong with it. I know it has been leaking gas because I can smell it through the a/c vents and it goes from a full tank of gas to empty in a day and a half and we don't even drive that far.. I had a car that was similar to this car in mpg and this car losses gas very very fast. I don't want to get rid of the car but it's a danger to myself and my family. as for my husbands information, We gave them all the information but there is no reason to be calling his command two or three times. He's still working and will be working till February when he gets out of the military. the military doesn't like being bother about the same thing more then needed and calling them a second time wasn't needed by them or the bank lender.

You will find attached a copy of the work order from *****************, who checked the car in question for a gas leak and reported that they found no problem with the vehicle in this regard. We would be glad to send the vehicle to a different repair facility to be checked for a gas leak.
When Mr. ******** establishes new employment, after release from the military, we can try to get them into a different vehicle, if the finance companies can verify employment and if the ******** meet the requirements of the finance companies. This could have already been done if the finance company was allowed to verify Mr. ********'s continued employment. However, the ********'s refused to allow that to happen.

04/23/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I went to Nevada Auto Sales @ 934 s. Nevada Ave. Colorado Springs Co. 80903 on Friday evening (3/8/13) after work because I was told they would be able to help get me into car. I explained that I had recently filed bankruptcy, and needed a car as well as rebuild my credit.  They discussed my finances with me to establish a budget that would work for me with my current income.  I told them I wanted to keep my payments around $200/mo. **** ********** and****** ****** (who works in the finance department) informed me that they will pre-approve me for financing so there is no surprises.

I went back on Saturday and test drove 2 cars that I was told were in my price range.  I decided to purchase a Honda Fit.  They agreed to finance the car for 72 months @ 14.9% interest with payments of $295/mo. For a total cost of $15,300.  It was more than my budget allowed.  I decided I could make some cuts to my spending in order to have reliable transportation.  I put $2000 on a down payment for the car.

I was concerned about the financing when I read the special clause in the agreement stating I would have to pay $100/day + $1.00/per mile if I decided not to keep the car after agreeing to let them finance me.  I was assured by the Salesman/Manager **** ********** that the financing was approved and my cost would be $295/mo.  I signed the agreement with the understanding financing was established.  I was never given any reason to believe that they would make changes to the agreement.

I took the car home Saturday afternoon (3/9/13).  On Monday the dealership contacted me and requested I bring in my W2 tax form.  I was unable to bring in the W2 that day so I told them I would bring it in Tuesday. ***** told me it would be fine if I brought in the formmy W2 on Tuesday and said nothing about the financing being a problem at this point.

On Wednesday I was informed that my financing had been changed to 60 months @ 19.9% interest with payments of $349/mo.  This was extremely over my budget and I would not be able to make the payments.  I had to return the car.  I went to the dealership and was told they couldn't work with me on the financing at $295/mo, but they would throw in a trip to Las Vegas for 2 nights and 3 days if I would take the car with the higher interest rate and higher monthly payments.

Since I decided to decline their new financing options that special clause now applied and I am liable to pay the $100/day + $1.00/mile. I do not feel that I should have to pay these fees because the dealership misrepresented my financing approval. I feel that once the dealership knew the original financing had been pulled they shold have notified me. I realize the Colorado state laws and the agreement are binding, however it was obviously a bait & switch tactic.  I was very clear that I COULD NOT afford a higher payment and they were VERY CLEAR that it wouldn't be an issue.

Nevada Auto Sales showed ***** ******** the lender approval dated 3-8-13 and the decline notice dated 3-12-13 after she had provided her 2012 W-2. Other financing was available which she declined to accept.
Any charges due to Nevada Auto Sales, per the Disclosure, were listed as courtesy credit. No charges were kept by us.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars