BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2009

Lakeside Auto Brokers Inc - Brianna Pt

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

12/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On November 11th I tried to purchase a vehicle and the dealership required a deposit. Since they could not get the loan approved they have not refunded My $500 deposit. For over a week they have been promising to return my funds each day. The dealership sent me a photo image of a refund receipt, but nothing has been received. I did not sign anything at the dealership.

I would like to get my $500 deposit returned.

We sent him a copy of his refund receipt when it got refunded. The cust received his money. We did what we said we were going to do. This isn't even a valid complaint.

07/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I PURCHASED AN 05 ACURA TL WITH 100,000 MILES APRIL 22 2014, car just got in from a trade IN and never been inspected, BUT DIDNT GET THE CAR UNTIL MAY 12, 2014 because they are having it fixed after i decided to purchase it, CAR HAS BEEN ON A COLLISION ON THE DRIVER SIDE, I WAS PROMISED THAT ALL THE SAFETY INSPECTION WILL BE DONE, I WAS CONFIDENT IN BUYING THE CAR BECAUSE MY MECHANIC LOOKED AT tHE CAR TEST DROVE THE CAR AND ITS RUNNING FINE, ALL LIGHTS ARE WORKING FINE, MAY 12 2014, THE NIGHT I GOT THE CAR BACK FROM GETTING FIXED BY THE DEALERSHIP AS SOON AS I GOT HOME, MY DRIVER SIDE PARKING BLINKER and side marker blinker DOESNT WORK, CALLED DEALERSHIP SAME NIGHT, called the next May 13, I WAS told TO COME IN BEFORE 3pm ANY DAY SO I DECIDED TO COME IN MAY 14 AT 3PM nothing was done, AND WAS TOLD TO JUST COME IN EARLY MORNING FRIDAY MAY 16 AND 10 MINS LATER THEY SAID IT WAS A MANUFACTURER ISSUE WHICH I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT WHEN I PICKED UP THE CAR AS ALL THEM lights WERE WORKING FINE WHEN I DECIDED TO PURCHASE THE CAR in april AND I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WILL GIVE ME A CALL TO SEE WHAT THEIR BOSS CAN DO FOR ME AND NO CALLS CAME TO ME. NEXT THING I KNOW, MAY 17, REVERSE LIGHTS ARE BLOWN WHEN I GOT HOME AND AIRBAG LIGHT IS ON. MAY 19 I WENT TO ******* AND HAd MY LIGHTS fixed FOR $46.97 and the only thing i was told by ******* is that i have to go to the dealership to get the side marker kit replaced, airbag light is still on everytime i drive the car and i believe this is a serious safety issue that was not inspected nor disclosed to me, My point is, i did not get a copy of what was done mechanically with the car, problems that needs to be addressed was not disclosed to me by anyone in this facility, I know that i purchased the car as is but i deserve to get my lights fixed that was working prior to repairs they made and a disclosure of what is wrong to the car. I AM JUST TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS DEALERSHIP SO I DECIDED TO REPORT MY EXPERIENCE.

DOCUMENTATIONS OF WHAT WAS DONE IN THE CAR FOR 3 WEEKS THAT I DIDNT HAVE IT, GET THE AIRBAG LIGHT FIXED AND SIDE MARKER LIGHT FIXED AND REFUND ON WHAT I PAID FOR THE BULBS THAT I AD TO REPLACE AT ******* WHICH THEY COULD'VE DONE WHEN I WENT IN THERE.

We have been in contact with this customer and the vehicle is being repaired.

still waiting for further appointment to get the airbag light on to be fixed

The parts were ordered and we are waiting for them to come in.

06/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

****** said my deposit of 300 dollars was refundable in case something happened. I called the very next day and said I was going a different direction and would like a refund. That day he told me he was refunding the money and it could take up to 5 business days to hit my account. The money never reappeared in my account so I began calling his number as well as the companies number. I finally got through to a manager that said he was going to call me back but didn't. I called again, talked to a different manager and he said he needed to talk to some people to see what was going on. Still have yet to hear from them. I want my money back because he said it was refundable. HAD HE SAID IT WASN'T REFUNDABLE THERE WOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE.

I want my 300 dollars refunded immediately.

The 300 was refunded.

11/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Before buying my 2006 f-250 from lake side auto, I was shown the vehicle before it was put on the lot. It was being worked on inside their shop, the top end of the engine was torn apart(attempted to fix EGR) the transmission was out of the truck (and the rear main seal was not replaced when reinstalled). I purchased a warranty with the vehicle and went to my mechanic this last Friday to get everything fixed on my truck before taking a trip across the state. When the warranty adjuster came to the shop I had my truck at to confirm repairs, the warranty company canceled my warranty because it has a lift kit that was on the vehicle when I bought it. The dealership should have not sold me a warranty but knowingly did anyways just to make more money. Know I have a vehicle that I paid 27500.00 for and has much needed repairs because the dealership didn't properly fix the vehicle before putting it on the lot. I am asking for lakeside auto to pay for 2 of my many repairs that were not properly fixed in the first place, the EGR valve and the rear main seal. I am also asking for my money to be refunded to me from my warranty thwas just cancelled on me

I am seeking for lake side auto to refund my warranty money, 3000.00. I am also seeking for lakeside auto to fix the EGR valve and the rear main seal. They knew that they should not have sold me the warranty and did it anyway. They knew that without the warranty I would not purchase the vehicle so they gave me a warranty that they knew would be cancelled.

Customer and managers are working together to resolve issue. Customer needs to sign paperwork allowing dealership to cancel warranty and refund any monies due back to the lien holder. The rear main seal was repaired by the dealership. ** has told customer to make arrangements with the dealership and our mechanic, so that if it is the same problem that it is warranted and can be repaired. Other wise the customer has bought the vehicle AS-IS.

09/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My husband bought a dodge from them and the day after we brought it home we have had nothing but problems. They punctured the oil pan and then took us to a mechanic who "fixed it" buy DUCT TAPING it...we told lakesde about it, they sent us to the same mechanic and the problem was never fixed. After talking to them for several days they finally took us to another mechanic to fix the problem, only to tell us they would only pay half for the fix. About 2 weeks later, the freaking transmission went out and is going to cost us 3,000$ to fix. And now they are gong to "see what they can do," My husband hasn't even had his truck for a month, and our first car payment isn't even due yet. Don't waste your time or money at this JOKE of a place.

To fix the transmission for 4,000$

Customer purchased the vehicle 6/28/13 "AS IS" and oil pan repairs where done and completed correctly as soon as the mechanic could find the accurate problem.
We never told the customer than we would not help. The customer was asked to come in so we could help. There was no out of pocket expense for this customer regarding the oil pan problem. All expenses have been paid by the dealership.

Per my manager *****:

He drove the vehicle and when he asked for the key he was told " that the transmission was working fine that day". He drove the vehicle and could not find anything wrong with the transmission but told the customer he would be happy to trade him into another vehicle that was similar.

The only thing listed on the "WE OWE" that has required to be done was the windshield and that has been done. Nothing else was brought to our attention at the time the purchase was made.

We are willing to trade the customer out of the vehicle however we have not found any problems with the transmission and are not responsible for the repairs.

I do not accept the response from the business because, although there was so out of pocket expense from the oil pan situation, after going back and fourth on numerous occasions, saying that we would have to pay half, which luckily we didnt. We have two different places saying the transmission is bad, one from pep boys and the other from the dodge dealership. When my husband went down to lakeside to "trade in" his vehicle, they tried putting him in a 37,000$ car, really? Every truck he drove there was something wrong with and the response was "oh we will fix it" does every car on your lot need to be fixed? I will not accept this response, because nthing was done fairly!

Mr. **** did come in and test drove the only truck he was interested in, even though he was well aware of the cost. The manager told him he needed to look at vehicles in the same price range as the original truck because of the loan amount he was approved for. Mr. **** told ***** that the only one he was wanting was the one that was out of his price range. We are still willing to trade him out of the dodge into another vehicle that is close to the same price range, unless Mr. **** has his own financing for a higher amount.

07/18/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I ************, recently purchased a vehicle from Lakeside auto broker's, I expected at the very least the vehicle would have been safe and legal to drive and a professional experience. Instead I was pushed through the paperwork, intimidated and threatened into illegally signing the title of my own vehicle over to your company. The list price for the car on your website was $1995, your broker raised the price to $2400. Four days prior to receiving the vehicle I asked for a refund, I was told no.

When they finally, Delivered the vehicle it had no windshield wipers, no rear view mirror, no brakes, no temp tag, a busted out head light, wadded up paper towels in the engine compartment (potential fire hazard), ten minutes into driving the vehicle started over heating and the water pump symbol was on. Your broker's have threatened the lives and safety of my family. And I still have yet to receive any copies of any paperwork or documents, including the contract.

Complete refund plus $1000 or dealership fixes all problems with car.

The customer came in and negotiated an AS-IS price and purchased the vehicle for a sale price of $1251 AS-IS. We also helped him by putting a windshield in the vehicle included in that price.

The $1251 quote is a lie, I have proof.

The vehicle was reduced to an AS-IS sale price of 1251. I've attached the purchase agreement that would show it.

I'm done with this website, I'm getting an attorney.

01/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a 2000 ************* from Lakeside Auto in September of 2012. We purchased this vehicle as our transimission had gone out on our other *******. Spoke with *** at Lakeside about this and was told come in he had a very nice ******* that would be reliable and we would have to problems out of it. We test drove the 2000 ******* and it seemed to run fine on the test drive except for the brakes were very touchy. We were assured if we purchesed the vehicle the brakes would be fixed before the vehicle was delivered. This was never done, we were told to do it on our own. We were also told we would be given a radio for the vehicle as the one in it did not work, this was never done either. We were told we has guaranteed financing. This was a lie and we didn't even know who to make our first payment to until about 3 days before it being due almost 45 days later. Registration on the vehicle was severly delayed due to this. Traded in our old *******, they basically paid off the 500 bucks still owed on it and put us in the 2000 *******. Less than a week after delivery the truck started over heating and blew a radiator hose on the way to work. Cost 80 dollars to replace it as well as the thermostat. To date we just made out second payment on this vehicle and now the tranmission is gone it is apparent that this vehicle was never inspected by Lakeside when they took in as a trade or they knew darn well it was a piece of **** and sold it to us as a "reliable vehicle". We contacted the dealership about this and were told you bought it as it is and they have refused to do anything about our complaints.

Refund the 1,000 down payment, and take vehicle back so we can go somewhere else and get a vehicle thats no in worse shape than the one we trades in. Or replace transmisson and fix breaking system at their cost.

we did agree to fix the brake issue and told the customer that we just needed to make an appointment to get it done and where it would need to be taken and that we would pay for it. we also have told the customer that the radio is here and they need to pick it up. The radio is still here. We have gone above what was promised due to the fact that the vehicle was sold AS IS and nothing more was owed or promised.
As far as the financing, we did get them financed and that as well as the title paperwork was done in less than 30 days from date of purchase.

They told us the brake issue would be fixed BEFORE the vehicle was delivered it was not. We were told the radio issue would be fixed BEFORE the vehicle was delivered it was not. Now your saying we can come in and pick up the radio, and install it ourselves? I don't think so. We both work full time jobs, this was our ONLY vehicle and we do not have time to take off from work to have issues fixed that were promised to be repaired prior to delivery of the vehicle. Nor were we able to be out of a vehicle while we were waiting for it to be repaired. The salesman was well aware of both of these issues and we were assured that everything would be repaired prior to delivery. None of what was promised was done. We had the vehicle less than 4 months when the tranmission went out completely. We ended up taking a 5,000 loss on this hunk of junk that was sold to us as reliable transportation. We had to trade it in this past weekend and are now upside down in the loan due to the unethical practices of Lakeside Auto. They have done nothing to resolve these issues.

We would have been happy to do the brakes through our mechanic ( where the work would have been warratied) and would have helped install the radio. We were willing to do the breaks and radio we just need to schedule the time with both the mechanic and the customer.in our opinion is that all of this could have been avoided if we had the customers participation and without that we could not follow through. We do not feel anything more can be done considering the vehicle has now been traded in.

01/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had went into lakeside auto to trade my 2012 dodge ram pick up with only five thousand miles on it for a lancer evo gsr it only had 35000 miles but in great shape so i was told they rushed me into buying it and when all was done i come to find out 4 days later the clutch goes out with me and my sons in the car on our way to the Denver aquarium and do note i had a new born infant with me i was very disappointed in what had happened but i had come to realize that even if i had rode ******** ****** the clutch it should not have burnt out not only that but the brakes also started to give out in the front this company should not be in business and should be shut down and i do feel they should pay for my car to be fixed with my choice of a mechanic due to them not selling cars in proper condition

I want them to fix my clutch and brakes in the front that is all i would like since i did give them a perfectly brand new truck with no problems

The clutch was in working order when the vehicle left the dealership. It is a wear item that is not warrantied.

No I am not satisfied

The clutch is a wear item. We would be happy to extend our volume pricing for any repair needed on the vehicle.
Lakeside Auto Brokers