BBB Accredited Business since 05/15/1986

Pikes Peak Acura Ltd

16 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

01/12/2016Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

December 15, 2015 I went up to PP Acura with the intent to purchase a vehicle. I was there for several hours and eventually left with a 2011Grand Caravan. I went up to the finance department and signed the paperwork and went back home. I had the vehicle in my possession for roughly a week before getting a phone call from the salesman, Rick. He told me they couldn't find someone to finance my vehicle so they needed it back. After discussing things further, they put me into a 2012 Grand Caravan. The manager, Todd, worked out a deal and they agreed to selling price. I went up to the finance department and signed paperwork and went on my way. The next day I get another phone call from Rick telling me that I needed to bring the vehicle back that the owner wouldn't take the offer that Todd gave me. I go back in to the office and I ask to speak with the General Sales Manager, after waiting for almost two hours he finally comes out to speak with me. He then starts cursing at me in front of my kids and other customers. Yesterday, January 4, 2016, I noticed a $250 withdrawal from Pikes Peak Acura. I placed several calls to the salesman, Rick, and to Olivia who processes payments. I left a voicemail each time I called in and I still have not received a phone call back. The $250 was supposed to be a down payment for the vehicle, that I ended up not being able to get.

I just want the money back that they took from my account.

We apologize for any inconvenience. The $250 deposit was returned to Mr.****** on Jan 5th. Thank you!!

09/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

June 09, 2015
Flex Service Contract deal # *****
Agreement #**********
Sales Rep.: ************

To our knowledge, this has yet to be terminated, per refusal by **************.

Please determine WHEN I can expect the full refund of the Service Contract premium: $2,283. ******** did not sign the Contract, the FLEX was traded on July 13th, and the Aventa Credit Union Loan was paid-off on July 20th. The premium is fully refundable if the vehicle is traded in the first sixty days. It can be terminated by the lien-holder, but "****" at Aventa CU cited "inability", in June, despite it being in the Credit Union's and Our best interest.

July 13th, when I traded the FLEX: 49,445 miles.
Here is the link listing the vehicle, with similar mileage:

The loan was paid-in-full on July 20th, and "****" at Aventa has held the account open, since, awaiting the full refund of the Service Contract premium, which we have been looking for in the mail, daily.
Upon examination, we have found the Service Contract to be something we would never use. I, actually, resent that Mr. ****** made it part of the sale; it wasn't our idea, and it pushed the project way over-budget. He has no idea what we can't afford on a fixed income, and he should have asked before drawing-up the paperwork. When I crunched the numbers, it proves to be an absolute DEAL-BREAKER, and I told them we DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THE FLEX !
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Sales figure discrepancy
From: PreClovis <********************t>
Date: Fri, June 12, 2015 3:49 pm
To: ****************************

Hello, ************,

I have been ordering my thoughts, prior to speaking to Mr********; so I thought I would present the math for you to give to him, as his email address is not listed.

New Loan Amount: $ 14,611.55

minus old loan payoff: $ 8844.45

minus Town Car internet price: $ 1988.00 (corrected)

minus Delivery & Handling: $ 689.00

discrepancy: $ 328.09

minus full tank-of-gas 62.00
------------------

Balance due Customer: $ 266.09

We seek cancellation of the Service Contract, as of July 20th, 2015, and full refund of the Service Contract premium: $2,283 This should be paid to Aventa Credit Union so that "***l" can send us a check closing the account opened there in our names by Pikes Peak Acura. We also seek the amount of $266.09 reimbursed separately for a math error against us in the sale.

Contact Name and Title: ***************t
Contact Email: *****************************
Warranty cancellation was submitted 9/10/15 to First Extended Warranty Company. Refunds generally take 4-6 week for FEWC to process, we will refund Aventa Credit Union as soon as we receive funds from FEWC.

This answer appears to kick resolution into November. Once again, the matter of the math error goes ignored and unaddressed. We don't know if we are to be made whole or tendered fractional payment. This complaint is all about specific performance, and the answer we get is about TWO MORE MONTHS OF PATIENCE. Pike's Peak Acura lacks credibility, so you will have to ask me in November if they have responded.

09-24-2015: We have received the full refund of the Service Contract Premium, and the account with Aventa Credit Union has been closed.

08/07/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

During the test drive of a 2003 Acura MDX a vibrating noise was heard by myself, my wife and the salesman (*****). When I as*ed about the noise during the test drive, ***** stated that "the service department goes over the cars with a fine tooth comb", and they are aware of the noise, and that the noise was coming from the tires due to the previous owners not rotating the tires li*e they were suppose to. ***** stated that because the tires currently have little wear, and "Because the noise will not hurt anything" it would be best for us to use them up, and replace the tires by this winter and the noise will go away. We agreed, and purchased the MDX, and the noise actually got worse, so I contacted *****, He told me that he would loo* into replacement tires to resolve the noise problem. He then recommended to me that I purchase a specific set of tires that would fix the noise problem. I then purchased the exact tires he recommended and the noise did not go away. I then as*ed ***** to double chec* with the Service Department to confirm whether or not the noise could be something else other than the tires, He told me that he did double chec* with the service manager, and the Service Manager told him that "nothing else would be wrong". A couple of wee*s later, the noise was getting even worse, and I expressed to ***** that we are worried about something going wrong when our grand children are in the car, He assured me that there is nothing seriously wrong and that there is no safety issue whatsoever, and since I purchased the exact tires that he recommended, I should bring it in and have it loo*ed at. ***** stated that if we bring it in to the service department, they would fix the problem for the "best price possible". My wife brought the car in to the service department, and after they chec*ed it out, the Service Manager (****) told my wife that a wheel bearing failed and that it is very dangerous to drive, because the wheel could come off while driving. This scared her and she agreed to the repair. I called a shop in Pueblo West to chec* the price of the exact same repair, and the Pueblo West shop quoted much less, it turned out that Pi*es Pea* Acura overcharged us instead of giving us the "best deal possible". I have since then contacted the Service Manager and left messages for the General Sales manager, but they will not return my calls. Because of the false statements made by Pi*es Pea* Acura during the sales of this vehicle, I incurred unnecessary expenses for the tires and the bearing repair.

And to add to all of this, I receive regular emails from this dealership tal*ing about how they appreciate my business and how my satisfaction is important to them, but they do not even return my calls as promised, so this is all a bunch of lies. And to ma*e matters even worse, I recommended my son and his wife to them, and they actually purchased an even newer MDX from them, and now I very much so regret recommending my family to this Dealership.

Because of the false statements made by Pikes Peak Acura during the sales of this vehicle, I incurred unnecessary expenses for the tires and the bearing repair.

I would like to be reimbursed for these expenses.

I JUST SPOKE WITH*********** AND RESOLVED THE ISSUE. WE ARE SENDING HIM A CHECK TO PAY FOR THE WHEEL BEARING $354.00.....HE IS HAPPY, THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

05/06/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased an 2007 Acura MDX in October of 2014 from the used sales lot. I was unhappy with my decision 24 hours later and tried to take the vehicle back to dealer but was told nothing could be done. Between the manager ***** and sales rep ******* we agreed upon them providing me with the programming disc (navigation) to update my controls of the car since it was not in vehicle when they sold it and also they both promised to replace the passenger side running board since it was also damaged before I purchased it. After numerous attempts to receive these 2 promised items I am beyond frustrated. I have spoken to every manager in both buildings, including ***** and *****. Everyone has passed me off onto the next. I have since had many services done to my MDX at their service center over the months and the service guys have tried to help me get in touch with the right person to correct my issue but no one seems to have an answer for my problem.

I would like to have my disc so I can program my car and be able to use the amenities it offers and I would also like to have my running board replaced as promised in October 2014 from manager *****.

We have called ********** , and have an appointment Monday to handle this issue. Thank you!!!!

The promised work has been done. Thank you.

12/01/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a certified pre owned 2010 Acura MDX from Pikes Peak Acura on September 5th, ************ was my sales person. It was a cash purchase of a little more than $35,000. I noticed several cosmetic flaws to the vehicle, including a cracked tail light, chips/dings in the windshield, and burn marks on the woodgrain interior, and plastic molding to the radio, and scratches in the paint. I was also promised a valet key. After speaking to both ***** (sales manager) and ************, they both assured me that they would have the above stated issues resolved. I also told them that I would be taking said vehicle to my mechanic and have him examine it, which I did the very next day. My mechanic determined that there was issues with the braking system that needed to be addressed, and I let the guys, both ***** and **** know about it. I was asked to bring my car back in, and they would fix the issue with the brakes, and the issues with the woodgrain, and windshield. I took my car in for the first time on 9/17, and was assured by **** that their repair people had assessed the damage to the braking system, and the issue was fixed - it wasn't. My mechanic examined the car again, and said repair had not been done. Again, on the 27th, I had the car back in to have the brakes examined at Pikes Peak Acura, and have the cracked taillight replaced, as I was told that the item had come in. I did receive a text message from **** ******* telling me that the Window had been replaced and the brakes and taillight had been repaired. When I received my vehicle back, the windshield had not been replaced, **** told me that I would have to address that issue with *****. It was during this time, that I expressed my interest of purchasing another smaller vehicle to help with my daily commute. 10/11 -I took my car back to the dealership to have issues addressed, and at that time ***** told me he would be happy to install a new windshield but that I should wait until after the winter as I would probably get more dings etc., due to salt on the roads, I agreed. I also noticed that my car battery would die unexpectedly, and he assured me it was not an issue, though when I looked into the settings I saw that a new battery was needed, as a warning came up saying as much. We discussed a new vehicle, and I told him, I'd want to have things resolved with this, before I entered into another agreement with them. They were supposed to pick up my car on 10/18th to have the woodgrain and plastic fixed, and valet key made. I called at least five times on the 18th, and could not get a response from either **** or *****. 10/19 I contacted *****, and he told me he'd take care of the repair, but I just got the run around again. 10/25 I went into the dealership, and ***** had his repair person look over the vehicle, and he said he could fix it, but I was told to come back on Nov. 8th as that was the soonest it could be done. I told *****, I'd like to have all of the repairs promised to me completed, including the windshield, as I felt that he had no intention on making good on his promises. It was at this time that ***** tried to sell me another vehicle, and explained that he had closed the ticket on my vehicle, and suggested that I buy another car, and he would build the price of the repairs of my vehicle into the price of the new car. I told him I was not interested. On Wednesday, Oct. 30th, I contacted GM ****, and he put me in contact with *****, who told me he would have said repairs completed on Nov. 8th. On 11/8 ************ picked up my car. My car was returned to me on 11/12, at which time, I was given a valet key and the the black plastic moulding was replaced; however, a new windshield had not been installed, nor had the woodgrain been replaced, but rather the burn painted over. The issue with the battery had not even been addressed.

I'd like to have woodgrain replaced completely - as promised.
I'd like to have a new windshield installed - as promised.
I'd like to have a new battery installed, as it is in need of replacement, as evidenced by the warning indicator, 22 days after I took delivery of said vehicle.

The wood grain piece for my car was replaced on Friday, November, 15th, and the Windshield was replaced on Wednesday November 27th. All issues have been resolved to my satisfaction.

10/27/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My husband and I were looking for a used SUV. Test drove a 2006 Acura MDX. Was told before we left the parking lot it was $12,000. When returning from the test drive, was told it was $12, 998. We told them we were able to pay only $12,000. I wanted a warranty and Brinn quoted us $1000.00 for bumper to bumper warranty. We were very pressured by Brinn. We asked for 2 yr. loan and put down $7000.00 on the car. When we were due to sign the papers, Jay the financial man, had a pile of papers, and had me initial and sign papers without explaining anything to us. He was so quick, we were unable to look at the papers. We left the SUV with them because there was a problem with the fan for the heater and air conditioner. We left there with out the car and without any paperwork, but they had a $7000.00 down payment from us. We returned the following day, 9-10-15 to pick up the car, which was not fixed and the paperwork. Never was it discussed that our loan was 66 months instead of 24 mos. Nor was it disclosed that the $1000.00 warranty went up to $3499. Acura took advantage of us because of our age. I returned on 9-11-15 with the car and paperwork and wanted the warranty taken off and the loan back to 2 yrs. Leif ******* was speaking to us and left to speak to a GM. I believe he waited until the check cleared the bank and was gone for over 25 minutes. When he returned he told us that they would not help us in anyway. They now have $7000.00 and we are financed for $12,000 because of all the hidden fees. What awful service from Acura. The car is still with them, and no one there is willing to help us. I would like to return the car and get our $7000.00 back. We were taken advantage because we are senior citizens. They did what that wanted to do.

We would like our $7000.00 returned and we will return the car. They are an awful company to work with. As soon as my check cleared their attitude changed completely. There was no talking to them.

We have talked to customers to resolve this matter. We agree we could of handled it differently. We have taken the steps, and have 100% handled this matter with the customers. Thank you!!!

06/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On November 13, 2014, Pikes Peak Acura promised to store my summer tires free of charge if I purchased new winter tires from them, which I did. I made an appointment to have the summer tires re-installed (and have them readdress some work on the fender liner that was initially repaired on April 23, 2015) on May 15, 2015 at 12:30pm. After an hour and a half of waiting the service representative came to tell me that they did not have my tires in storage, but offered to help me out of the situation by putting new tires on if I would only pay $865 (which amounts to Pikes Peak Acura picking up the tab for one of the new tires). I told him I did not think this was fair compensation and that the entire situation seemed like something between fraud and outright theft. At no point did any management of Pikes Peak Acura attempt to speak with me. I left the dealership after two hours without any of the scheduled work being done (including them repairing the work on the fender liner which was not adequately completed on April 23rd). I had to leave town for a couple days, but called back to speak to the service manager, ************, on the afternoon of May 19th. I told **** that I didn't think the dealership had seemed very apologetic about the entire situation and that the offered compensation did not seem adequate given the fact that I am out four good tires and now in the position of having to purchase new ones. **** offered me the same deal, where the dealership would purchase one tire and I would have to only pay $865 for a new set. ****'s rationale is that he does not have record of, or know, the condition of the summer tires that they took off my car (and supposedly stored) on Nov 13, 2014. He postulates that the tires were probably close to being completely worn out and needed to be replaced anyway; concluding that offering to buy me one tire is a great deal for me. However, I did inspect the tires prior to getting them stored and know that I had at least a full season left on them and wouldn't need to replace them until after the next winter season. I know this because I try to manage when I replace tires on all of my vehicles so that they all don't need replacement at the same time. Presumably the dealership wouldn't have offered to store tires that were close to the tread wear indicators and needed to be replaced. It wouldn't make sense spend money on storing bad tires and it would make sense to be up front with the customer about what the vehicle needs are. Given that, at this point I'm now out four good tires and Pikes Peak Acura has offered to make it right by giving me one good tire. I'm not sure if this was an honest mistake, a scam to allow the dealership to sell more tires, or straight up theft of my summer tires from their storage facility - I could reasonably argue any of those scenarios. However, I am sure that one good tire as compensation for four good tires is unacceptable. From a customer service standpoint I am also a bit disturbed that no manager attempted to speak with me on May 15th, and there was no attempted follow up from a manager until I initiated communication with the dealership on May 19th even though I had been a fairly consistent customer.

Ideally I would just have my original 4 summer tires back on the car per our original agreement, knowing that I felt safe driving them for another season (including factoring in more than minimal tread depth to mitigate the potential of hydroplaning).

I would feel somewhat compensated for the loss of 4 good tires by reversing Pikes Peak Acura's offer, where I would purchase 1 new tire (~$281) and the dealership picked up the cost for the additional 3 tires (~$865).

Pikes Peak Acura could win my business back by a) seeming genuinely apologetic about the situation, b) including an alignment with the tires, and c) updating their procedures to include; 1) better documentation about tire condition and the storage agreement on their service invoices, 2)to include digital pictures of the tires being stored, and 3) more clearly marking the tires being stored to avoid future confusion.

We strive for customer satisfaction and loyalty with each transaction. Sometimes we fall short. This is one of those times. We would rather have reinstalled Mr.******* old tires than have put him through this predicament. Based on like models that we see come through the service department, these take off tires with 37394 miles on them, would have had 3/32 nds of tread life. We recommend replacement with this measurement, but we no longer have this set of take off tires. We believe that they were discarded around 11-14-14 by mistake. Most likely happened since they were down to 10% of useful tread. We do not use tire disposal as a way of selling tires. We would like to retain Mr. ***** as a customer. We label each set of tires with customer names and vehicle descriptions, but we have added a process of documenting the remaining tire tread. This process was added after reading Mr.******* recommendations. Thank you. We have reconsidered our initial offer. The offer is that Pikes Peak Acura will mount and balance 4 new tires/ check alignment/ and his total out the door price is $600.00. Thank you for your time in this matter.

I do not accept Pike Peak Acura's updated offer for me to pay $600 for a new set of tires after they lost (or stole) my tires as it does not appear to be a good faith effort to correct a problem that was 100% their fault. Their initial offer was to absorb the cost of one tire, and I would have to purchase the other three. The OEM tires for this vehicle (Michelin Pilot HX) are available on tirerack.com for $200.46 per tire. So, their "updated" offer really still has me paying for three tires, with the dealership paying for one tire and labor. However, I have to believe that the dealership has a better arrangement with tire suppliers than the general consumer on tirerack.com, so in reality the $600 offer could cover the entire cost to the dealer of installing four new tires on my car at which point the only loss to the dealership is the profit they would gain by selling me four tires which I shouldn't even need in the first place, and I'm out $600 which I shouldn't need to spend. The tires that were on my vehicle came with a 50,000 mile warranty and there are numerous reviews on the internet of people getting more than 60,000 miles out of these tires. Pikes Peak Acura's presumption that my tires needed to be replaced anyway is unfounded as the warranty and user reviews indicate that I could easily have had between 13,000 and 23,000 miles, or more, left on the tires. There has been absolutely no attempt by Pikes Peak Acura to conduct any follow-up customer service concerning this situation or to even apologize. At this point it appears that my best bet is to just purchase tires from a company that appreciates business and escalate my grievance with Pikes Peak Acura.

We value every customer here at Pikes Peak Acura and want to make this right. Mr. ***** has to understand that Tire Rack charges $35 per tire for shipping and plus we have to mount and balance them. Its $1150.00 to put 4 new tires on the vehicle. The tires we stored that were thrown away had 40,000 miles on them, and were on there last leg. We are wanting to help out but 2 tires is more than fair. We do apologize for the inconvenience but we are helping more than enough.

The Tire Rack tires can be shipped for $15 each or picked up for free from their Denver distribution warehouse. Average mount/balance charge from various shops is $90. I understand Pike Peak Acura's business logic in this situation but I do not understand their customer service logic. Admitting and owning up to your mistakes is a trait that we work to instill in our children and is a characteristic that defines adulthood. If they had not lost or stole my tires in the first place I would be a happy customer who probably would be in the market for tires later this summer. If they had originally owned up to their mistake and were genuinely apologetic with a reasonable solution I would have been understanding. However, my business logic now tells me that my patronage of Pikes Peak Acura has cost me $1150 (by their math), for which I have nothing to show. At this point I would accept cash compensation for the liability that Pikes Peak Acura has admitted to - $550, but I can honestly not see a benefit of continuing a business relationship.

06/03/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues