BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/1980

Mercedes-Benz of Colorado Springs

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On August 20 my 2005 E55 AMG was brought in for service at Phil Long Mercedes to address the two outstanding safety recalls that were out on the car and have a routine safety inspection conducted on the car. The first recall was the reason for the visit, to address a leaking fuel system that was causing fuel to leak from the top of the sending unit. When I dropped the car off I was told of another outstanding warranty issue on the car that involved the (PN:*************) transmission guide-plug. Since the car had no leaks I asked what this would fix. I was told by ************** the service consultant that the existing plug in my car was prone to leaking so I agreed to have it replaced under the warranty campaign.
Yesterday while driving home I noticed smoke billowing from behind the car. I pulled over to check it out to find there was fluid burning on the exhaust pipe. I took it to my independent mechanic and he was able to determine it was the guide plug that failed.
I am very concerned that this failure and resultant transmission fluid starvation could have damaged and will reduce the useful life of the transmission in my car.

I have purchased cars from Phil Long Mercedes and have been very pleased with them but have never had a good experience with their service department. With this said I would not take my cars back to Phil Long Mercedes for service and am requesting that Phil Long Mercedes reimburse for having the required replacement of guide plug and transmission fluid replaced and issue a warrantee on the transmission.

Please have customer provide repair invoices from Independent service provider for review.

No resolution was proposed from Colorado Springs Mercedes. I can be reached directly at *************, same as on the service invoices, so that any other questions can be answered on the spot and resolution is not further prolonged.

Normally we would need to verify and rectify a problem with work performed here at Mercedes Benz of Colorado Springs. Depending on a competing repair facility's word can sometimes be problematic and would not constitute reimbursement for repairs. In this case we will reimburse the the total amount of repairs performed elsewhere in the amount of $346.40 as a goodwill gesture. We do appreciate the ******'s as sales customers and hope to win their business as a service customer in the future. If the ******'s are satisfied with this outcome we will process a reimbursement check.

How is this complaint closed? Seems a resolution should be made or the complaint should remain open. I have not recieved reimbursement for the incomplete service conducted at Phil Long Mercedes. Granted having to have the same item serviced elsewhere because it was not done properly the first time is not my idea of a resolution but I will take the reimburesment and move on.

11/20/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I John ****** purchased a S550 Mercedes Benz from PhilLong Benz and Bemeers in the month of April 2015. The rims were damaged at the time of purchase with promise the rims would be repaired or replaced.The rims after market rims which cannot be purchase local.I researched local rims stores for the rims but was not successful.I located a shop that could supply the rims. I furnished the information to Will ****** .I was informed by Mr.****** that he would research the information and get back with me.Weeks past Mr.****** never contacted me.I went back to see mr.****** to see what if anything that he would help.Another visit with Mr.****** I pointed out that the tires was losing tire pressure.At this Mr.****** scheduled appointment with no service. Mr.****** refuse to action to repair or replace the rims. I pointed out to Mr.****** that the rims are not safe.I have least another vehicle to due to this problem.

Repair or replace as agreed

Mr. ****** did purchase the S550 from us in April 2015. The rims and tires were in good condition and there was no agreement to repair either as a condition of purchasing the car. There appears to have been some damage done to the wheels and tires during the many months following the purchase. Mr. ****** came into the dealership 3 times demanding that they be repaired. He was in the dealership showroom raising his voice, cursing and just happened to have a gun holstered on his waist. We let him know that we had not agreed to any repairs. He continued to demand they be repaired and we declined. There is no obligation on our part, and due to the agressive nature of Mr. ******, we are not able to assist him.

In response to Mr. ******'s comments regarding the condition of the wheels on the S550 purchased in April 2015. I have photos of the wheels and their condition on the lot of Benz & Beemer upon delivery in April 2015. The salesmanger Greg and I discussed a resolution for repair or replacement, an agreement was made to check with a local shop to repair. Weeks later I had a repair shop look at the wheels and was told they could not be repaired, Mercedes management was informed and I was told that they would take care of replacing the wheels, and I would need to locate the aftermarket company on the price of the wheels and submit the estimate to the sales manager. Several weeks went by with many delays on taking care of the problem with no resolve. Know it seems that the sales manager is refusing to deliver on his promise to replace the wheels, pay for the missing cup holder and reimbursement on major repairs on the vehicle within weeks of the purchase. It is also permitted in the state of Colorado to wear a firearm, in which I have a permit to carry.

02/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a 2002 Mercedes S500 with 36k miles from
Mercedes of Colorado Springs. They assured me that they checked the vehicle with their so many inspection points and the charged me over $600 of dealer handling in addition to the price. I purchased the vehicle March 2012, the dealer did all the work. I noticed recently that the right front side of the car was leaning, so I took the car to my Mechanic (first time since I purchased the car from the dealer). He opened the hood and immediately discovered that the Driver side Strut was missing all three screw nuts. This is extremely dangerous as I have been driving the car for over a year with this risk! with family, friends and their children? I left my car with my Mechanic, took a photo of the Strut with the missing screw nuts and went to Mercedes of COS and presented the photo to ************ the Mercedes sales manager (719) 337-3656. We went back to the service Desk and they checked and acknowledged that they had preformed repairs on the same strut. My car currently has a little over 38k miles on it. I gave my Mechanic the go ahead to repair my car Mercedes original parts. The parts and repair costs totaled $665 and were completed on Dec. 29, 2013. I requested that the dealership do the right thing and reimburse me for the repair costs and refund me the dealer handling charge of over $600, since they. Did not perform the
Appropriate services which they are responsible for. When you buy a luxury car from a reputable dealer your expectation are a high level of service and safety.

I want a reimbursement of both my repair costs and dealer handling charge at the time of purchase.

****

This vehicle was purchased "As is-No Warranty" nearly two years ago (Feb.27th, 2012). We have no service history for this customer since purchase.

As a courtesy we have already refunded this customer $295.00 for a lifetime oil and filter package purchased in March, 2012.

They are NOT offering any resolution. They have indicated with their response that they will not deal in good faith. time for court. Mercedes Benz of Colorado Springs a division of Phil Long, are a bunch of Crookes.

Imad

At MBCS we always try to do the right thing for our customers and give them the benefit of the doubt.
In this case the customer's request is just unreasonable and unjustified. We performed a used car inspection prior to sale and found the vehicle to be safe and in good working order.

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Used Cars