BBB Accredited Business since 10/24/1989

Larry H. Miller Liberty Toyota Colorado Springs

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

03/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 3/3/16 I went to this facility for a routinely scheduled tune up. I signed the standard paperwork before being taken to my car. (Please note that this paperwork indicates multiple action items that I as the customer have no way of verifying before entering my car, yet I am required to sign the paperwork before going to my car.) This paperwork indicates that service lights have been reset, which mine were not. I did not think too much of it during the first few minutes of driving off but then realized that with the information not reset my dash would not display how many miles I had until my tank was empty, and I appreciate that feature since I live so far away and there is only one gas station in my town. I called the Toyota facility to ask if it would automatically reset and to inquire why it wasn't. I explained that the exclamation mark light was on and the maintenance required. The lady that answered my call told me I could wait and it may reset, turn around and come back in or review my user's manual and figure out how to reset it myself. I called my husband to ask him to call the dealership since I felt that my concerned call was entirely disregarded. At his instruction I pulled over to do a quick look over of the car and everything visually appeared to be fine. I got back on the road and one of my tires flew off of the car. I was towed back to the facility and they agreed to get a rental car for me, which I did appreciate. At the facility one employee made the statement that he apologized for the shoddy work done and that he was glad I was okay, and another made the statement that in 17 years of working they had never seen a tire issue as the one I had (the tire blew off with no visible punctures or damage). The dealership covered $176.69 of the rental and did not cover $103.31. I have email communication from Art ********* at the dealership indicating that I am requesting to be refunded for both rental and insurance and his reply indicating that he would take care of it. The dealership took care of a portion and not the complete amount. I sent an additional email 3/14/16 and received zero reply as to the status of the remainder. Considering that this event could have been far more critical, I do not find it fair or appropriate that I am having to ask multiple times for this to be taken care of - the complete amount and not just partial. I actually find the way that I have been treated appalling but am scared to make a fuss and I do not want it to prolonge the refund that I am due. I have attached the email communciations related to this incident. Please let me know if the attachment fails.

I am requesting that $103.31 be paid to the car rental as agreed in attached emails so that they will appropriately refund these funds to my account.

This dealership has paid the balance of the rental. The issue has been resolved.

09/21/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

7/8/2015 Invoice #:536846 Amt Paid: 75.00
Upon check out they stated that I needed repairs: Rear brakes pads and resurface rotors and advised on front brakes pads,oil leak at oil pan, outer tie rods,alignment front and rear. Which I declined. I called Customer service that same day to complain about the time it took to do a oil change. They apologized.

On 9/11/2015 I took my car to Big O Tires on Austin Bluffs for a full inspection for the above listed items which Liberty Toyota told me needed repaired. Big O Tires found no issues at all the the listed items above. They advised new tires and an alignment, which I had done.

It is quite apparent Liberty Toyota did NO inspection on my vehicle and only went by a mileage guideline that advises them of possible repairs needed for that mileage. No one drives their car the same so without inspecting the vehicle, they should not tell someone things need to be done, when they DID NOT inspect the car.

Due to them****** to me regarding unnecessary repairs. I no longer want to do business with this company and want a full refund of 75.00. I also want this to be on record that they tell their customers that they need extra repairs when it is not true.. This caused extreme stress on me because they wanted to charge 219.95 + 390.00 + 220.00 = 829.95 + tax to fix something that did not need repaired in the first place.

In response to case ******* filed by ***************: Customer, **************** and dealership, LHM Liberty Toyota Scion have come to an agreement.
We LHM Liberty Toyota Scion stand behind our work and recommendations.
Our business model is to educate customers on the health of their
vehicles so that they can make confident decisions. We suggest that customers see for themselves if/when they are hesitant. We have
scheduled an appointment to verify and show ************* why the
recommendations were made. If any recommendations were made in error
we will certainly take responsibility and address accordingly.

07/01/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I had service done on May 28, 2015 due to lack of reliable service done on my vehicle in November 2013. I had a shock that Joel Valdez installed incorrectly that the bolt came out of and destroyed one of my tires. That tire blew out doing 55 mph and could have caused serious injuries to myself and my passengers and thousands of dollars of damage to my vehicle. You guys replaced (I was told) the shock and one tire. Due the the failure of correct installation of the shocks originally, I was forced to purchase 3 new tires. My original ties had over 3 years of warranty on them. I have contacted***************c numerous times by email to see what he could do and I have not heard one word from him. I am requesting reimbursement for the tires I was forced to purchase. No one at Toyota was cooperative with me, was extremely rude and had no intentions of doing anything for me due to their incompetence. Due to this matter, I was inconvenienced for days.

I would like the $417.63 that I had to pay out for Toyota's inability to correctly install shocks on my vehicle.

In response to case ******** filed by**************: LHM Liberty Toyota has resolved all concerns. ************ had shocks and struts installed on her 1997 4Runner at our facility on November 23, 2013. In May of 2015 one of the shocks came loose causing damage to one of the tires. Due to the vehicle being a 4 wheel drive all tires had to be replaced. ************ supplied her receipt from Discount Tire for the tire replacement. The dealership agreed to provide a reimbursement of $110 which is the prorated amount based on the life used and remaining on the tires that had to be replaced.

We did agree on the $110.00 reimbursment on Frinday, June 19, 2015 at 9:00am. ***** told me that I could pick up the check later that afternoon or at the very latest Saturday morning. He told me that he would call me in a few hours to let me know the statis of the check. I called several times on Saturday and left him voicemails each time. I called several times today Monday, June 22, 2015 and even drove to the dealership to speak to him. He has not returned any phonecalls and was not at the dealership when I arrived. I was told by someone at the dealership, after speaking to him on the phone, that he would call me as soon as he got back from lunch or I could sit there and wait for him. I have made numerous phone calls to him and have even driven several times to the dealership (30 minutes from my home) to get this resolved with no communication from him. ***** seems to like to tell you what he thinks you want to hear but has desire to follow through on anything. I do not appreciate being lied to and treeated like a fool. This has been ongoing for about a month now.

**********n has received her check; we consider this case closed.

04/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I brought my Kia in to the Toyota dealership at the beginning of January when I started having issues starting it. I trusted the service member who initially spoke with me and reassured me repeatedly that they would be able to service my car and get it running again in no time. I also trusted in the brand name of Toyota, as my family has owned several Toyotas over the course of many generations. Unfortunately, my overall experience with Larry H. Miller Toyota service department was very disappointing and I would never return for service and most definitely would not refer a friend. Here are the 3 reasons why I am disappointed with my service and the overall outcome: 1. My car was at the dealership for a total of 19 days! Although our service manager was very friendly, the communication between he and I regarding the vehicle was lacking. I was quoted a variety of prices and finish dates regarding the car and neither ever seemed to match up. The car took way longer than it should have , I drove the car home after he reassured me that he was "90 percent sure that it was fixed (when he should have been 100 percent sure)" and it gave me the same problems the very next morning. Therefore, I had to take it back again! 2. The service department couldn't figure out what was going on with the car, only had ONE service tech that knew how to work on Kias (and when he wasn't there, no work would get done on my car, for days) and finally had to take it to a partnering Kia dealership for advice. They should have referred me to them in the first place if they couldn't figure out the issue, not make me wait. 3. My spouse and I arrived to pick up the car on the final day, after they finally diagnosed the problem...and they wanted to charge us even more money for parts! Why in the world would you charge us for more parts when you should have found this issue in the first place? Gratefully, the service manager on duty heard us out and reassured me that I wouldn't be charged for those final parts and we drove off the lot not paying an extra dime. HOWEVER, he reassured us that he would check with his team to make sure that the parts/labor we were initially charged for was work that really needed to get done... and we've never heard back since. I believe in good customer service from a trustworthy company, and unfortunately I was let down repeatedly from the service department at Larry H. Miller Toyota.

I was reassured by the Manager on Duty, at the final vehicle pick up, that he would check with his team to ensure that we weren't charged for any parts/extra service that was initially needed for my car repair... and I conveniently never heard anything back. I don't believe that the initial work that was done on my car was necessary to repair it and that the $1200 that we spent on it initially should be refunded to us. Once it was discovered by your sister Kia dealership (weeks later) that the necessary part to repair the car for good was only $200, we should have only been charged that amount.

In response to case #******** filed by******************, Larry H. Miller Liberty Toyota is confident that we did everything we could to assist ***************** in addressing the concerns with the 2006 Kia Optima. Upon the initial visit the vehicle's intake manifold was leaking. We contacted Kia for all the repairs on the vehicle. Kia verified a problem with the intake manifolds on the Optima models. They stated that this particular model has an issue with intake manifold leaks and coolant temp sensors. We verified that the intake manifold was leaking before the repair was performed. We were instructed by Kia to start with the intake leak because that was the failure we were able to verify. We repaired the intake manifold leak and verified repair before returning vehicle to the customer. As soon as the check engine light reappeared we sent the vehicle to Kia to verify the intake manifold repair and to check the coolant temp sensor. Kia reassured us that the intake manifold repair was completed correctly and that the coolant temp sensor needed to be replaced also. Kia verified that both repairs were needed and we informed the customer of this information. The coolant temp sensor was replaced by Kia. We contacted the customer to return the vehicle.
Upon receipt of this case we have contact ****************** by telephone six times and have emailed her. ****************** has not answered or responded to any form of correspondence that we have attempted. We are confident that all appropriate steps and repairs have been followed to address the concerns with the Kia Optima. In addition, we have exhausted all attempts to address ****************** directly. We consider this case to be closed.

Hi *********,
I received an email from the BBB saying that you haven't received any correspondence from me. I wanted to be sure that you knew that the Service Manager and I had met and had come to an agreement regarding the work that was done on my car. Would you like/do you need the details of that meeting? I don't want the results of my complaint to go undocumented, as I believe what I have to say will impact others and their decision abt the company.
Thanks,
*****************

04/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took my 2008 Suzuki XL7 to Larry H. Miller on April 4th to have an overheating issue looked at. 3 weeks later and I still dont have my vehicle and the wrong part has been ordered twice. I got a call on April 17th advising me part had been ordered wrong again and was told my by service advisor *** that he was going to go to Suzuki directly to see if he can get part and that he would call me back. That was last Thursday, I still have not heard from him. I also called that same Thursday to speak with a manager and was told that Manger was gone but asst manager was in but out on a run and to leave a message. Left message and still have not heard from him either. To this day I still don't have my vehicle and it is costing me more not to have my vehicle than it is to have the repairs done.

I pretty much just want my truck repaired and given back to me. It would be nice if they would waive the charges for the repairs since the wrong part has been ordered twice and they have had my truck for over 3 weeks.

In response to case # ******** filed by**************************: Due to the make and age of the vehicle Larry H. Miller Liberty Toyota Scion had to order the part from another dealer. The dealer had to order from Japan resulting in a longer wait time for delivery. Unfortunately, the wrong part was delivered to LHM Liberty Toyota Scion. In addition, due to the vehicle's symptoms the part ordered was only the start to diagnosing the concern. After installing the part extensive testing had to be completed. We are sorry that the repair took longer than ********************** expected. Due to the inconvenience we provided a discount and the vehicle was picked up on April 26, 2014.

05/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car is eligible for the repairs found at this site: *************************************************************************************************however, Liberty H Miller has refused to fix the repairs needed for oil consumption. I am the original owner of the car, VIN *****************, where the oil consumption is being too high. Upon the initial consumption test, we were told the car used zero oil in 1200 miles. The car in fact uses nearly 1 quart per 1000, which is part of the class action lawsuit whereas a toyota dealer needs to replace the pistons of the engine. In addition, Liberty H Miller, refused to test the oil until nearly $2000 dollars (their estimate) of work was performed - when in fact the test is free per Toyota's website.

Justin ******** and his team refused to do the work that is required by the paperwork that Toyota sent, Warranty Enhancement ZE7 for the oil consumption. Toyota has lost a class action lawsuit on this already and should perform the work for free.

I'm asking to get the work done that is required.

I want the work that is required to be done, completed as promised with the settlement of the class action lawsuit. that information can be found here:

******************************************************************************************************************************************
All I want is the car to be repaired as promised.

Cst. brought his Car in on 4/19.Oil and filter has been changed and applied the tamper resistant tape. Sevice Manager Art requested that Cst. should return between 1100-1300 Miles to verify Oil consumption.

10/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car was towed to Larry H Miller Liberty Toyota on Wednesday, 8/19/15 when a leak in the VVT oil hose was diagnosed by another mechanic. There was a recall for the oil hose. The next day I was informed my car was ready to go and I picked it up. After parking it in my driveway overnight, I discovered it was still leaking some oil. I dropped it off again on Saturday, 8/22 at 1pm. I was told they would need the car until around 4. At 4:30 after not hearing anything back, I called and was told that my tech, Joey was with another customer but would call me back as soon as he was done. Another 20 mins went by and I had not received a call back. They were closing at 5pm so I called again. I was told he was finishing up with the customer and would call me back shortly. At 5:10 I received a call from Billy, the trainee, not the technician. He told me that the new hose had sprung a leak. I asked how a new hose that was not a defective part had started leaking 2 days after it was installed. He said he wasn't sure but they would need to keep the car. Given they were closed on Sunday and I needed a car to get to work on Monday, I asked for a loaner. He said they didn't have any and I would need to check back on Monday. Approx 45 mins later I got another call saying that in fact the hose wasn't leaking but now they believed it was just some residual oil. They said they had pressure washed the engine the 1st time so I asked how there could still be that much residual oil. Again, he wasn't sure but said it had been taken care of and now I could come pick up the car. I picked it up at 7pm that evening. When I got home I placed a clean piece of cardboard under it to verify it wasn't leaking. I let it sit for 24 hrs. When I checked, I noticed there were a half dozen spots with the largest being approximately 3x the size of a silver dollar. I took it back in at noon on Monday. The next day I received a call from Billy, the trainee saying that the rear main seal was leaking and needed to be replaced at a cost of $1,421. I asked if this could be related to the oil hose leak and he assured me it couldn't. I told him I thought it was suspicious that a new oil leak had been discovered while in their care that had nothing to do with the oil leak they had worked on. I suggested that the seal could have been compromised during the pressure washing of the engine. I was transferred to Chris *******, the Asst Mgr. I raised the same concerns and he assured me that wasn't possible because it was unreachable. I pointed out that it didn't have to be reachable for a high pressure stream of water to shoot up in there and hit the seal. He told me that he was just getting up to speed on this and needed to go take a look himself. He called me back 20 mins later and told me that he was no longer certain it was the rear main seal and they were going to run dye through the system to verify. I asked how they could charge me over $1,400 for a repair when they weren't certain that was the cause and hadn't run a diagnostic to confirm. He said he was "totally with me on that and that some service techs think they know everything but you get that no matter where you go." He called me back a short time later and said that they had run dye through the system and now they were sure the seal was the source of the leak. I informed him that the seal was not leaking prior to it being brought in for service and that I was certain of that because it was parked on a new driveway that had been poured several months ago and had no oil stains on it to begin with. I questioned how else it could have started leaking while in their care. He had no explanation for it. At that point, I went to pick up my car and told Chris I was very disappointed in the service. My car had been in there 3 times in a week for a simple recall service and not only was it misdiagnosed on multiple occasions but now they had created another very expensive issue that didn't exist prior to it being in their care.

I want to be compensated for the cost of repairs to the rear main seal on my engine which started leaking while in the care of Larry H Miller Toyota. I do not trust them to work on my car and want to have the work done at another reputable mechanic.

In response to case 37037284 filed by Brad ******: Service Manager Steve ********* has attempted to contact Mr. ****** multiple times with no anwser or return call.

Steve ********* has attempted to contact me one time on Monday, 8/31 at 1:17PM. He left me a message to call him back on his direct line at ************. I called back the same afternoon at 2:53PM and left him a voicemail. I have not heard back from him since.

Based on the referenced agreement, I brought the car back in to have the rear main seal replaced at their expense. Once again, they changed their tune and claimed that the rear main seal was not in fact damaged. This is after they had pushed me to have it replaced and then ran a diagnostic which supposedly confirmed the leak. While I appreciate their offer to replace the rear main seal based on their own analysis of the cause of the leak, once the offer was extended, they decided that it was no longer leaking. Toyota has offered to replace it if I observe leaking in the coming weeks. I am keeping an eye on it and thus far have not seen any further leakage. I will provide further updates to the case if necessary.

In response to case 37037284 rebuttal filed by Brad ******: We stand by our agreement with Mr. ******. (The dealership will repair the rear main seal of Mr. ******'s 2007 Camry in the interest of customer satisfaction- if/when a repair is necessary as there is no leak at this time)

04/14/2015Advertising / Sales Issues
11/18/2014Problems with Product / Service
10/27/2014Advertising / Sales Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto & Truck Brokers, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Repair & Service