BBB Accredited Business since 11/17/1980

Heuberger Motors

Phone: (719) 475-1920

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 5 closed in last 12 months

12/09/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I signed the contract for my vehicle on Nov. 7th, on Nov.14th I went to Heuberger Motors to cancel my added security first I was told it would be a hour to hour and a half wait; then as I was waiting a gentleman came and took my number and told me the cancellation could be done over the phone and that some one would call me that Monday. I received a call Monday from customer service rep. I missed the call and called back later, the only reason for her call was to explain how I would be receiving a call about my experience with Heuberger Motors and Rick the sales rep. who sold me my car. I asked her about cancelling added security and she gave me the number to the direct hotline, I was unable to reach them because they were on eastern time. She also transferred me to Mike the guy who handles the cancellations he was on the phone at the time and I left him a message with my concern and phone number.On Tuesday or Wednesday I called Heuberger and was transferred to Mike, it went to voicemail, I did not leave another message. Then I received a call from Mike asking if I had some concerns I was at work and couldn't talk at the time and asked if he could call me back in a few hours, I never received a call back. I went back to Heuberger on Nov.21 to try and cancel the added security again. I was told it would be an hour to hour and a half wait and that I could wait or try coming in or call during the week when it was less busy, I expressed that I had been trying to call for all of last week and was told that the man who usually handles cancellations went on vacation on Wednesday.

Cancel extended warranty and refund money.

Ms. ************* Subaru Added Security service contract has now been cancelled. The refund process takes approximately 6 weeks. The refund will be applied as a principal payment to her loan. Thank you!

I was called by the dealership I purchased from yesterday dec. 8th 2015, and the matter was handled over the phone.

09/30/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am not getting any communication now with Subaru of America nor Heuberger Motors in regard to replacing the new car (lemon) that I bought earlier this year. It seems nobody wants to take responsibility for beginning the process of replacing this car. My wife is near a nervous breakdown having to deal with picking up and bringing back the car several times and getting caught on the road without the use of her blinkers. I hold Subaru of America responsible if anything happens to anyone in my family for selling me a new car that is dangerous to drive.************************
Product_Or_Service: Purchased Subaru Forester 2015 in July 2014
Order_Number:*********

Give me a new car that is a new working car, the same car model is fine, just stop wasting so much of my time and stop getting us more angry than we are.

Contact Name and Title:************** Customer Re
Contact Phone: ********************
Contact Email: ***************
I have been working closely with Mr. ****** and SOA on this matter. ***** has been a very happy customer in all of my contact with him and very understanding as we waited for SOA to come to a decision. The customer was never without a vehicle, I made sure his family was in a safe vehicle for the entirety of the repair/trade assist investigation. A new, 2016 Subaru Forester, has been placed on order for the customer as replacement for his vehicle. We (Heuberger Motors, Inc. and Subaru of America) worked together to find appropriate resolution in this matter. A 2015 Subaru Forester was offered to the customer to drive home immediately but he opted to wait for the 2016 ordered unit, a model year newer than previous vehicle. Customer also stated that he wanted to buy an additional Subaru when his new Forester arrives because of his happiness with both Heuberger and SOA.

05/21/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

purchase date May 11 2011
salesman name was ****
I would like them to fullfill there promise that they would give my wife 5 free oil changes as promised to my wife when she purchased the car. my wife had told the sales person she wanted the car if they would give her the oil changes, and the salesman said they would. Looking through the contract there was nothing I could find anything there so I called the sales mgr. he said they would have to try find the contract,which was in storage and he would call me back haven't heard from him.That was only a brush off. They took advantage of a women to get a sale. All we wantis what was promised to us 5 free oil changes thats not asking alot. Sales mgr. name was ***

We just want was promised to my wife 5 free oil changes. they are making a big deal over this and we purchased a $30,000.00 suv

11/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I purchased an extended warranty on 5/23/2014 for $1850.00 on my newly purchased 2005 LL Bean Subaru Outback. This charge was paid on the date I bought the vehicle. The financer really pushed this purchase but failed to tell me that vehicles over 100000 miles would not get any coverage. My vehicle had 132556 miles on that date. The policy was by ******* VIN Number *****************. I only found this out when I need a steering rack replaced. No one ever told me that I was buying a bogus policy.

I would like my steering gear and power steering pump replaced as my policy reads and I will pay my $100.00 deductible.

Cassie ****, one of our Customer Care Specialists, contacted Brenda on Friday October 2, 2015. The policy Brenda purchased explicitly states in several locations that when a contract is instated for a vehicle in excess of 100,000 miles, seals and gaskets are not covered. The contract purchased DOES cover the steering box and power steering pump as requested by the customer to be replaced. When Cassie spoke with Brenda, she was told that Brenda had taken her car to Groove Subaru who told her they could not run the steering box and power steering pump through her warranty. Cassie asked Brenda to bring the vehicle to us so we could correct the issue while the vehicle is still under warranty. Brenda declined the offer.

10/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Vehicle was delivered for Air Conditioning service. The A/C system performed worse when we picked it up and were told that there was a blockage and the compressor was noisy requiring a potential $1500 repair. I knew the a/c compressor was not noisy, having not heard any noise from it. The invoice states that the system cools to "60 DEG f." but when we measured the temp from the A/C ducts it was cooling to 80 deg f. After connecting a set of A/C gauges to the system it was obviously undercharged. Upon getting the system fully charged it performs as desired. We contacted the service department and the customer satisfaction rep and requested a refund. We were told that a check would be sent within 2 days. That was 2 weeks ago, we have not received a check.

We would like a full refund in the amount of $167.39

Invoice # **********
Customer # *****

The customer was issued a full refund for $167.39. Robert was satisfied with our response and told both myself and service assistant manager, Ida, he would contact BBB to retract complaint. Our refund Repair Order number is: **********. Please see attached documents including an image of the cashed check.

06/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

In doing our paper work for my wife's new vehicle there is a form called You Owe/We Owe. It states any additional things that are due upon purchasing of the vehicle. My wife and I had signed the document with a blank form showing we didn't owe anything nor did the car dealership. A week or two after we leased the vehicle one of the managers on sight called my wife asking when we were going to deliver the Original Wheels and Tires on the vehicle we traded in. We advised them that we had only discussed that we had the Original Wheels and Tires but we did not plan on bringing them in on our vehicle trade in due to the condition of the old wheels/tires. The manager claimed that they had a signed document from us showing otherwise. Going through our paper work we realized we were never given a copy of the You Owe/We Owe agreement. When you purchase or lease a vehicle you just assume they give you a copy of every document in all the paperwork they give to you at the end of everything. Now they are demanding them from us because they have a signed agreement from us otherwise they will get attorneys involved. When we did all of our paperwork we are 110% positive that we had a blank you owe/we owe form. We only signed showing we didn't owe anything nor did the dealership. I'm being threatened with legal ramifications because someone within the dealership modified the documents after the fact. They claim the trade in value on our vehicle was based on the fact that we were giving them the wheels/tires. Odd how the extra wheels/tires weren't present and they still did a complete appraisal?

I want this case dropped and do not wish to bring in the wheels/tires they claim we owe them. I've placed the managers information below whom has been contacting us about the situation:
********* - Internet Sales Director
Heuberger Motors
************************************************************************
The individual who did our paper work has different hand writing than what is showing up on the You Owe/We Owe. I want the business to be contacted and stop legal threats when my wife and I did not promise anything else to be traded in on our vehicle.

Client realized that he made a mistake and brought in the originally promised wheels and tires on 5/24/15.

We did not make a mistake however I brought the wheels and tires to not be in a legal battle over something that someone forged a document after signing. Your dealership is a piece of*****

06/03/2014Problems with Product / Service