BBB Accredited Business since 11/17/1980

Heuberger Motors

Phone: (719) 475-1920

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On the Purchase Order Heuberger Motors incorrectly calculated our City Tax (should have been 4.5% contract was calculated at .5%) Heuberger Motors contacted us 53 days after the contract was completed; Heuberger motors has received payment for the car from the lender, I have made my first payment to the lender. Contract is completed. I feel that the finance / lending department did an inadequate review of the contract/ entries of their employee's calculation. I gave the this dealership $9,000 and agreed to the terms of the Purchase Order, Because of this error I have to pay this Dealership another $1,144 in cash so that I can obtain my cars registration.

I would like the Heuberger Motors to understand that this "Error" is there fault, they should pay 50% of the "Error" and would hate for other consumers to have to deal with such a flimsy organization. I wonder is this just a ploy to get more cash out of there customers? It's just wrong, and they take no responsibility for this issue.

**** and ********** purchased their vehicle from Heuberger Motors on 2/22/2014. We greatly appreciate their purchase as we do all our clients. The client lives in Commerce City, CO. We are located in Colorado Springs, CO. As we conduct business with many clients we do our best to collect the accurate applicable sales and use tax for the specific clients taxing authority. As you can imagine this is a complicated task with our high volume and a complicated Colorado tax web. We rely on multiple tax sites to provide tax information that assume no accountability for the information being correct. We also occasionally attempt to call local DMV's if need be. **** and ********** took delivery of their new Subaru on a Saturday so that was not an option. Due to there being so many different city, county, RTD and special district taxes throughout the state of Colorado we do our absolute best to collect the accurate amount. We do not make a habit of collecting the wrong tax. It is a phone call that we do not like to make when there is an error in the amount collected. Of course, if the amount collected is too high the refund has to go to the client. ********** agreed that had we collected too much tax it would not be ethical or legal for us to collect and keep the extra tax money. On the flip side of that, it is not Heuberger Motor's responsibility to pay a client's sales and use tax. That is why there is a specific clause in the clients signed purchase order that protects both the client and the dealership in the event there is an error in the amount of sales tax collected. The phrase reads, "Purchaser assumes and agrees to pay, unless prohibited by law, all such sales, use or occupational taxes imposed on or applicable to the transaction covered by this Order, regardless of which party may have primary tax liability."
The city of Commerce City tax that was originally collected was 1.5% for $572.06. The correct city tax is 4.5% in the amount of $1716.17. That is a difference of $1144.11. The 53 day delay the client is referring to is because we sent everything to their local DMV as we originally collected and didn't know there was an error until they sent the title paperwork back and notified us the local city tax was incorrect and to please resubmit with the accurate city tax of 4.5%. That is when we attempted to contact the client to collect the difference of $1144.11 so we could resubmit their title paperwork. Let me reiterate that this money collected went straight to her local DMV for sales tax. It is not a profit center for the dealership. When we contacted ********** she was rude, threatening and cursed at************** whom made the call. There was an initial request by her that we pay half of her sales tax. We would not adhere. There was also an initial request by ********** to re-contract her loan with Capital One Auto Finance to include the correct city taxes. We explored this option for her and found that Capital One would charge a $195.00 fee to flat cancel the original contract. We offered to follow through with this option and we would cover that fee or that we would pay $200.00 of her sales tax and only collect $944.10 from**** and ********** and remit the full $1140.11 sales tax deficiency to Commerce City. ********** accepted this offer and we collected $944.10 from her on 4/21/2014 (attached).
In an attempt to make the client happy we paid $200 of their sales tax due, to the city of Commerce City. A more than fair show of good faith on behalf of Heuberger Motor's. I am in disbelief that after the reconciliation of the error that the client still found the need to reach out to the BBB. Attached you will find all of the documentation of what was sent to the county DMV and a credit card receipt for the $944.10. Thank you!

08/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My subaru broke down on july first of 2013 I got my car towed to subaru heuberger motors. I know they are expensive but I wanted my three year old to be safe so I brought my car to the dealership. A week and a half passes and my car is done so I pick up my car and decide to take my son to the waterpark on the way back my car does everything it did the first time the check engine light comes on and my car sputtered until it gave out so I call them while I'm broken down by the median on the highway and they paid for me to get a tow the next day they get to work on it and I told ***** my addvisor to be sure that they check my whole car this time so they came up with a list and I gave them the ok and four days later i go get my car. Ten minutes after leaving my car breaks down again this time completely different my battery light came on and the oil temp light and my wheel locked up with my son in the car again. I call them upset and they say they can tow it for free again. I told them no and I asked ***** who worked on car she said **** ****** and ****** ******. My boyfriend came and looked at the car after we pushed it to a safe spot and the altinater spindle was broken and the whole belt was hanging off so I took pictures of it and the outside of the car so they couldn't say I did something then I noticed they pealed the heuberger sticker off the back of my car and there's paint pealed off where it used to be. I had a new altenater put in cost me 170 just for the part then I called them the next day on july 16 and I talked to ****** ****** he just kept telling me it was speculation until I let them work on my car again he denied ever being one of the people working on my car and he told me the sticker probably came off by itself. He made me out to be a liar but I have the pictures and the tow records to prove it. After almost 2000 spent to them I would think I'd be safe driving my car but I can barely leave the lot and then I just get a rude attitude when I won't let them work on it any more.

Atleast a partial refund for breaking down twice moments after leaving thier lot being stuck for hours with my three year old in the car and having broken and missing parts not exsiting before bringing my car to them. Also pealing the sticker and my paint off my car and dening it was not cool. Them offering to refix it (and not for free) worked the first time but I can't trust my car to go back to them.

Attempted to contact customer by phone on two occasions to offer resolve.Vehicle in question is 12 years old. although vehicle suffered a failure of the alternator, none of the previous repairs had anything to do with the internal bearing of the alternator failing. When customer called in our shop apologized and offered to have vehicle towed in to inspect and customer refused assistance from us. As a gesture of customer goodwill dealership is willing to offer a refund of $200.00 from previous repairs.(plus).
There is no reason the sticker would have been removed from the vehicle by us, that sticker provides free advertising. There again vehicle is 12 years old and sticker is probably same age. We will replace the sticker free of charge, any paint repairs or damage is not the dealer's responsibility. Customer's repair order has damage disclosure indicating the dealership is not liable for loss of use, theft, or damage.

06/24/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I finance a 2013 Subaru impreza WRX from the said dealer above. I had the car for 2 months before deciding to trade it in. At the time of pur***** I paid for GAP insurance out of pocket with my own money. I was told by Heuberger motors that I could get a full refund of the GAP insurance that I paid for out of pocket. The value of this insurance was $400. Once I traded this vehicle off I received a letter in the mail from ***** financing for a check of $20. I took the letter into the dealership explained the situation and was basically told there was nothing they could because ***** used the unused portion of the GAP insurance money for the payoff quote of the vehicle I traded off which I no longer have because I traded it off. I told the dealer this did me no good because I no longer have the said vehicle, and that I wanted my money back. I paid for this out of pocket I should be able to get it refunded back and I should have been consulted by the dealer before this action was taken. I made a call to ***** financing and was on the phone with them for approximately an hour to an hour and a half and was told that the way the GAP insurance was filed was the reason for it being used to reduce the payoff quote. I was informed the finance specialists at heuberger filed the GAP as if I had financed it in the loan. There is no possible way this could be true as I paid for it out of pocket and you can't finance money you already have. I have made numerous attempts and efforts to get the situation resolved, left messages for the finance department with no returned calls and even did a walk in on May 20, 2013 to have a sales person arguing with me over the situation and basically told me the money is gone and I wouldn't see the rest of it. I have documents showing that I paid for this GAP insurance out of pocket with my credit card, and I have the original GAP agreement. All I want is the remainder of my GAP money back. What is owed is $388.00

I'm seeking a full refund of the GAP money that was not presented to me in payable form from Chase finance. Nothing more, nothing less. Ultimately I feel that Heuberger motors is liable for this as they are associated with Chase finance and they have an account with the bank. I should not be shafted for another companies decision that was made without my consent. I request the refund be made to me

In addressing Mr. *********** inquiry with the BBB there are a number of events that take place during a GAP cancellation in which the vehicle is financed with *****. To fust clarify any amount of cash down applied to a finance contract reduces the total amount financed. It does not itemize that cash down is to pay for any specific part of the vehicle, accessories added to the vehicle or products such as GAP, service contract, maintenance etc. When a vehicle is financed with ***** and a client or dealer calls to request a payoff quote and has GAP on the loan ***** will reduce the amount of the payoff quote by the pro-rata portion of the remaining GAP policy. Then ***** debits our account as the selling dealership that same amount that the payoff was reduced by. In this case 1 have a copy of the debit letter from ***** stating that they debited us for $383.56 and applied that to Mr. *********** payoff amount. By thus reducing his payoff by the $383.56 is how he received the unused portion of his GAP policy. His payoff was reduced so the vehicle he purchased would have a loan amount of $383.56 less than if this had not taken place. So the money has been paid by Heuberger Motors benefiting Mr. ********* in the form of a lower payoff. If Mr. ********** request of sending him the money for the refund were valid it would mean that Heuberger Motors has paid for the GAP refund both to Mr. ********* directly and to *****. Thus being double hit for the refund. I have spoke to Mi*. ********* directly as well has 3 other finance managers in attempt to explain this process. I know it is a bit difficult to understand why ***** does this differently than other lenders but that is their interpretation of the way GAP refund laws are written and we abide. I hope this clarifies to Mr. ********* that he has in fact been paid his due GAP refund. Thank you!

05/21/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

purchase date May 11 2011
salesman name was ****
I would like them to fullfill there promise that they would give my wife 5 free oil changes as promised to my wife when she purchased the car. my wife had told the sales person she wanted the car if they would give her the oil changes, and the salesman said they would. Looking through the contract there was nothing I could find anything there so I called the sales mgr. he said they would have to try find the contract,which was in storage and he would call me back haven't heard from him.That was only a brush off. They took advantage of a women to get a sale. All we wantis what was promised to us 5 free oil changes thats not asking alot. Sales mgr. name was ***

We just want was promised to my wife 5 free oil changes. they are making a big deal over this and we purchased a $30,000.00 suv

04/23/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Through Heuberger Motor's internet department with sales agent ******** *****, I purchased a car on 2/26/2013 without ever vising the dealership. The car was delivered to Denver airport 3/1/2013 to my boyfriend but without one of the packages. I noticed that the package was missing and asked for resolution. As of today Heuberger Motors has offered insufficient resolution, having offered floor mats in lieu of the entire Popular Package #1B after I escalated the need for resolution to management.

We received the below quote from ******** ***** on 2/25/2013, 4:53:18 PM CST with tier 2 credit this became the basis for all negotiating. The following day we changed only the car color/interior and asked for a new lease with tier 1 credit, **** from finance called me back and quoted me $230.14 + tax. ****** called me back several hours later and told me that the first lease WAS tier 1 and that "******** ***** ran too many leases" ****** then "backed into" ******** ****** leas after requesting that I forward him ******** initial lease. The below details were sent to ****** on 2/26/2013 at 8:48 PM. This disorganization is relevant because the below car details formed the basis of the lease that ****** "backed into " after I forwarded him the below lease from ******** ******. The entire email chain demonstrates that it was their negligence which caused Heuberger to deliver a car with the wrong packages installed.
Our agreement requires that the package be installed free of charge or that the current vehicle be exchanged for a new vehicle with the following package.

Request below installed free of charge:

OYE Popular Package #1B $590.00 $381.00
K0D Auto-Dim Mirror/Comp/Homelink
P0E Splash Guards
P0C Rear Bumper Cover
B0A Floor Mats/All Weather/4
H8B Wheel Locks - Alloy Wheels $52.00 $33.00

Parts requested will be sent to customer....Wheel Locks, Rear View Mirror- with Homelink, Splash guards, Rear Bumper Cover and All Weather Mats.....upon verification from customer of proper shipping address.

04/30/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

This is what they promised at the near the time of sale:
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 14:04:31 -0600

****-

Heuberger Motor's
*******************************
**************

I had the vehicle warranty service twice in 2013 and I was told the warranty had been extended. I had another issue recently and I discovered the coverage was never extended.

I am now being told because I did not bring it in January they are not extending the warranty. This after after I was told twice that it had been extended.

Here is the last communication from them:
****-

Per you vmail request to email you I wanted to send you the details. Per the original agreement between you and the sales dept. the vehicle was to be brought in to be inspected by our service department and certified for 2 years from 1/1/2013 or 100,000 miles. As this never happened that agreement was voided by you as this was to occur over 1 year ago. We are considering the matter closed. Thank you!

FINANCE DIRECTOR

HEUBERGER MOTORS
***************

**************

I do not consider the issue closed.

I would the warranty extended or be compensated for the value.

Our response stands as is. The consumer failed to meet the requirement for the re-certification. Issues like this take both parties to correct. In this case, the customer ignored simple and clear instructions, and failed to use the allotted time to do his part. His lack of attention has put the dealer in a position where there is nothing we can do now.

I need to give a little more explanation.
When I purchased the car I was told by the sales person and finance that it came with a 7 year/100K warranty from MY date of purchase. They have admitted in writing that the warranty was misrepresented to me and blame the warranty company.

Here it is (e-mail I received):
"Sorry it has taken me so long to get this resolved for you. A lot of different information has been provided to me regarding your situation. Mainly, by the warranty company. I wanted to put this in writing so you have it for your record and to accomodate proof of the solution we are offering. This Q-Cert is fairly new to the store. It appears we were trained wrong by the representative for the company. After digging we have finally got the correct information. That information is that on a 7-year / 100,000 mile Q-Certified vehicle the 7 years starts from January 1st of that model year i.e. your 2006 Jeep's 7 years starts from January 1st of 2006. Taking it seven years from then which would be 1/1/2013 OR 100,000 miles on the odometer. Out of all these we have sold I am suprised this is the first issue that has arisen from the misinformation provided to Heuberger Motors by the warranty company. After arguing with them about the way we were trained I could not get them to budge, help or do anything to cure the situation. So after speaking with ********************************* (General Sales Manager) what we are going to do is at the end of your Certification on 1/1/2013 we will re-certifiy the vehicle for another 2yrs and 100,000 on the odometer. Which will then take you to 1/1/2015 OR 100,000 miles on the odometer. This assumes a complete vehicle inspection free of charge to you by Heuberger Motors AND the 2yr/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty ALSO free of charge to you. Hopefully this will resolve the issue and we do apologize for the confusion and misinformation provided to you. Email is best if you have questions. Thank you for your time and your repeat business! "

*************
Heuberger Motor's
Finance Director
**************
So, whether by incompetence (which they claim) or fraud (I am beginning to wonder) THEY need fulfill their obligation. I compromised and received only a 3 year full coverage warranty plus then a 2 year power train. Only 5 years, not the 7 they "sold" me by any means.

I assumed Gunnar Heuberger was a man of his word and I could trust him to follow through.

The statement reads, "what we (Heuberger) are go to do" and "we (Hueberger) will re-certifiy the vehicle for another 2yrs and 100,000 on the odometer. Nothing states I am obligated to initiate the re-certification and there is no expiration or further condition placed on me. They should have contacted me and requested that I bring the vehicle in for recertification. They verb phrase "will recertify" is attached to the subject "we" (Heuberger). So, Heuberger is the one who failed again to follow their agreement.

In addition, I communicated with the service department TWO times in the Spring of 2013 and TWO times the service representative said the warranty had already been extended. It was not until I took the vehicle in a third time that I was then told the warranty had expired. This is without any notice to me.

So, now that it is clear the Gunnar Heuberger has no intention of keeping his word. I will follow through with a complaint to the Attorney General's office for both offenses and file in small claims for $3000 in damages which is the approximate cost (from a quote) of extending the warranty to 7 years as originally represented to me.

10/02/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a car and agreed to add $700 to the car price to get new pirrelli tires installed. The sales person told me he would order the tires and call us when they were ready for istallation. They called I took the car up to the dealer and when it came back it had a cheap brand of tires on it that cost $89 ea. retail. The sales person and the manager agreed that day to refund the difference to me and said they would call us to pick up a check. I has been three weeks and I called a couple of times and they said the check is being processed. After speaking with the manager ****** (unknown last name)and the sales person whom sold me the car ************** today the are refusing to refund me stating they have no records of it. The sales person is is being untruthful about the sale price of the car and will not back me up now. I do have the proof of the listing and proof $700 was added to my financeing for this. I e-mailed ************** a copy of his bussiness card with the price written on it and a copy of the posting. They are stating the price of the car was $16,688.00

Pirelli tires or refund of the difference.

Cusotmer was sent a check for the $300.00 discrepancy on September 5, 2013. This was the amount the customer was expecting.

As I said before, yes, I did finally receive the check for $300. However, even after they "investigated" they were still telling me I was wrong. I did not expect an INSTANT fix. What I expected was for ********* to admit the truth and fix the problem. The manager I was passed to was extremely rude and would not let me explain what the charges were for. He kept insisting I was wrong and said no where was there proof that I paid what I said I paid for the car. So he was basically calling me a liar. Thank goodness I still had the printed add and the card ********* wrote on or I would not have received the refund. After I told them I would never do business with them again and had never been treated so badly in my life the manager had the nerve to call me back and belittle me for expressing my opinion about my terrible experience. You just don't treat a customer they way they treated me, especially when I was right all along and was simply trying to get them to fix their error. Had they done the paperwork correctly to begin with there wouldn't have been any problems. I understand people make mistakes, but to treat me like a liar due to their mistake is unacceptable.

Because of the issue, management of Heuberger Motors, Inc., had to investigate the consumer's claim beofre answering. As soon as that was completed, the customer was refunded the $300.00 requested. We are at a loss of why the customer is still upset. They received their request in a timely manner, with no hassle. We apologize that the customer's expectation was an INSTANT resolution. That was not feasible without proper accountibility.

09/20/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I traded **** Toyota sequoia worth at least 16,000 for a Subaru Forrester worth about 9,000. I was told all kinds of maintenance and repairs were done and it was a certified used. the tire they claimed to fix went flat. The road side assistance they told me I had said I was never signed up for that. The 2 year bumper to bumper warentee I was told was worth thousands was actually just a basic free warentee that comes with all the used cars anddonly covers the drive train. The tire repair failed,then they lied said they moved the tire. went to Big O tires and found that the repair went bad and the allignment was so bad all the tires were getting bald spots. They lied about their inspection and vehicle checks as well. Then the alternator died and that is when I discovered that not only was I lied to about the road side assistance, but also the warranty. I feel like I was truly taken advantage of. After speaking with the management they did the repair for 300$ instead of 600$, but wow! I am so upset and disappointed.

I want my Sequoia back or for them to live up to their word. I guess that they do this a lot because when I mentioned them at work today I was told by 6 other people about how they were also mislead and taken advantage of by Heuberger here in Colorado Springs. Now they too go elsewhere.

This deal was completed February 1, 2013. Today's date is September 7, 2013, 7 months later. The customer's desired resolution cannot be met. Had these issues been addressed immediately after the sale, there may bave been a solution, but after 7 months, the dealership has no responsibilty whatsoever. As noted, when the referenced repair was addressed, Heuberger Motors, Inc., was active and willing to assist the customer. On this current complaint, the dealership is at a loss of what we can do to assist at this late date and after the customer having possession of the vehicle for 7 months.

Heuberger sold me a car that needed thousands of dollars in repairs at time of sale under the statement that the car was completely checked and all issues were fixed. It was not and only the most obvious issues were taken care of. I brought the car back several times and was either told they had no responsibility and the issues were not covered under warranty or that they did not exist. After I lost complete trust and faith in Heuberger I took the car to my private mechanic and had Academy Car Care who discovered while the alternator that went was diagnosable and must have been going bad at the time they sold me the car, they did fix it correctly after charging me 300$ for the repair. They did not fix the bad starter they sold me the car with, the bad clutch or the leaky head gaskets. they lied and explained those issues as normal for this car. There was plenty of time an opportunity for them to make repairs or amends by returning my car or replacing this car with one that is actually in the condition they stated it was in at time of sale. Now, caught red handed in lie after lie, they continue to say things like "as is" while the fact remains that "as is" was faultsly represented. The warranty was faultsy represented. The issues I have had since day 1 with this car were either excused away or I was told that is just the way this car runs. Heuberger continues to refuse to stand behind their product and treat their customers fairly. I am one of 10 people they have done this in the small community of 100 people I work with. 100 people where less then half own Subarus and less then half of those people have been to Heuberger and all of those people were mistreated by them and will NEVER go back. Apparently this is general practice for them and they are not willing to change this. I am asked daily about my issues with them and I have shown these people their response. Heuberger you failed me, lied to me and took advantage of me. I wanted to give you the opportunity to make it right and you failed there too. I am a nurse and a single mom with 5 kids. I cannot afford all these repairs on a car that shouldn't need them. A car that I was told was in "good condition! Was thoroughly checked out and only needed minor repairs that they have completed."

The Sequoia traded in cannot be returned to the customer. Seven months have passed and that vehicle has been subsequently sold. As stated before, the dealership is at a loss as to what the customer wants. Vague statements like "encourage them to do the right thing" do not help us underatnd what resoultion is expected. The vehicle they bought was sold "as is" and the customer signed several documents to that fact.

10/16/2012Problems with Product / Service