BBB Accredited Business since 12/02/1980

Bob Penkhus Volvo Mazda - Motor City

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

04/26/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I brought the Mazda 3 SI for service since BOBPENKUSMAZA emailed me to bring the car in for 5000 miles service that we bought a service contract from. The 5000 miles check was requested and tire rotation also was added. After returning the car to me the service manager told me that the tire rotation was not needed. I brought the car home and my spouse wanted the tire rotation done. So I brought the car in for a recall from ******** and requested a tire rotation. The brought the car 2 minutes later and the service manager told me everything was done. I had my doubts. I brought the car to ********** Of colorado Springs for tire rotation and to verify the tires and the recall list from ********. all tires were rotated and the technician test all four tires were 50PSI overinflated and the pair was 20PSI underflated. Today at around 1:00 pm Mr. James ******* from BOBPENKUSMAZDA called and asked if we were satisfied with the service we got from the dealership. I explained all of the above to him and
we would like to be reimburse for our service agreement the we bought from BOBPENKUSMAZDA because their is no more
trust in this dealership because of the resulted maintenance issues that I am left with.

refund of our service contract

We are sorry we have lost your trust.
We will process a prorated contract refund today.

01/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 10/24/14 I contacted Bob Pehkus to enquire about a vehicle. I was then contacted to set up a time to meet. I spoke to the sales man *********** and told him about my situation finically and that my only family car for myself and my husband was totaled, and some other extenuating circumstances. ***** informed me they had a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant for sale. On 10/25/14 my husband and I went to the dealership to take a look at the car. We were told by ***** that the car just needed some general maintenance such as a tune up, spark plugs, oil change. Upon looking at the vehicle my husband noticed some oil leaking and said that they were going to, because of our situation financially; give us a deal on the car of 1500.00. We agreed to this price knowing we could use some of the settlement from the totaled car to tune up this car. We paid $700.00 as a down payment. With the agreement the final payment was due 11/8/14. We paid the remainder of the car off on 11/3/14. After taking the car home we drove a total of 42 miles and the car became inoperable. Due to work schedules and ordering parts to give this vehicle its tune up we started work on the car on 11/18/14. After almost 10 hours of work on the vehicle my husband was informed that the missing a piston head and that it is located in the bottom of the oil pan. We were told by our mechanic that this car would require a new engine to be operational. So we contacted ***** at Bob Penkhus and discussed the concerns that the car was misrepresented and that this big of an issue was not disclosed and ***** proceeded to tell us that there was nothing they would do because it was sold as is. Our problem is not that we purchased a vehicle that needed some work our problem is that we purchased a vehicle that was not what the dealership made it seem if they would have disclosed these issues instead of just telling us it needed a tune up we could have made a more informed decision on the purchase. Our mechanic also spoke with ***** and *****'s floor manager about what was going on with the car and they were rude and kept stating the car was purchased as is. I contacted ***** by e-mail on 11/19/14 and asked that they do something to make this right as we are now stuck with no reliable transportation because of their misrepresentation. ***** e-mailed me back saying he was not going to discuss this situation further with me.

Currently we are unclear as to what to do. My husband and I have no transportation so we are in the process of seeing about getting the vehicle fixed because we have no other options. We would either like a refund or purchasing a engine for the vehicle.

We are in receipt of your letter dated December 10, 2014 regarding Renee ******'s issue presented to the BBB dated November 20, 2014. Apologies for not responding promptly to your request for a response and regret Mrs. ****** was not satisfied with the purchase of her 2002 Mitsubishi Galant.

The vehicle was sold with "no warranty" and "as is", however, Penkhus Motor Company has since reached out to the customer and offered to trade them out of this into another. The customer has yet to respond to our solution.

We value our consumers trust, and each individual in our Company embraces our corporate responsibility. Our staff endeavors to exceed out customer's expectations and we regret we were unable to meet Mrs. ******'s.

We do value feedback from our customers, the BBB and any other source as an opportunity for us to improve the customer experience.

11/17/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

On Sept 19th my family & I made the drive from Centennial to Colorado Springs to test drive a used Jeep I had seen online at the Bob Penkhus dealership at *************** Dr. We arrived midafternoon & I went in the showroom while my wife stayed in the car with our three young boys (3 year old twins & a newborn) who had fallen asleep on the drive. ************* greeted me & offered to take me for a test drive. The Jeep wouldn't start & we soon realized it was out of gas so **** called on someone to put some gas in it. I used the opportunity to check on my family, who at this point was walking through the car lot. I helped my wife with the infant's car seat as we went back to the Jeep. One of my twins insisted I pick him up so I carried him as we looked over the Jeep while the lot attendant put some gas in it. I asked **** if it had been in any accidents & he said he didn't think so but we could look at the CarFax to make sure. I drove the Jeep for 20 minutes & liked how it drove. Once we got back I offered to let my wife drive it while I watched the boys. She declined & said the kids were starting to get cranky. I then sat down with **** & we talked numbers & reviewed the clean CarFax report. This soon became a family affair as the twins were getting restless & hungry & we eventually ended up needing to leave. I apologized & said "it wasn't going to happen today, we need to get the kids home." **** wanted to make the deal, he asked ***** if she could take the kids home & leave me behind to buy the car. I initially turned away his offer. **** then said, "Just make an offer that you would be willing to do tonight, I can't guarantee we'll be able to take it but there must be some number you would be willing to stick around for." I made an offer, & we eventually agreed on a price. I said goodbye to the family & stayed behind. I didn't get to spend much time getting to know my new purchase (*****************), it is usually dark when I go into work & dark by the time get home in the fall. In the three weeks after the purchase we went to an out of state wedding (Santa Barbara) & I went on a business trip to Houston. It wasn't until Oct 10th that I went about washing & waxing the Jeep. When I got around to waxing the roof, with the help of a step stool, I was met with dozens of hail divots. I have become very familiar with hail damage as we had our roof & one of our other cars deemed a total loss by the storm that came through Centennial on Sept 29th. The new Jeep was left in the garage, safe & sound during the storm while we were away in Santa Barbara. The Jeep had been protected so the damage must have been pre-existing. As luck would have it, we had an insurance adjuster with MetLife stopping by to look at our other car on Oct 10th so I asked him if he could look at my new purchase. He agreed & confirmed the damage on the roof was indeed hail & we began looking over the rest of the car. We discovered the bolts that mount the hood had chipped paint, a sure sign the hood had been removed, & we assumed this had been done to repair the hail damage to the hood. He said he would estimate the total damage around $4,000 give or take $1,000 for paint-less dent repair. He also said he would be happy to collaborate & offer his professional opinion. After he left I called the dealership & asked to speak with a manger, I was directed to ************ & told him my story. He said they sold used cars "as-is." I understood where he was coming from but I didn't think the average car buyer is tall enough to survey the roof of an SUV without some assistance. It was obvious to me that someone had intentionally only repaired the hail damage that was easily visible. I don't know if Penkhus made the partial repairs or not but I believe they knew about the hail damage & should have disclosed it in the internet ad or in person. Further correspondence with **** has been unproductive as he offers no compromise & has since taken to not returning my voicemails

I want them to pay for the paintless dent repair on the roof of my Jeep and be more more forthcoming with future customers.

Please see attached online.

Bob Penkhus had their body shop make the repairs to my satisfaction and I consider my complaint closed.

****************

10/28/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I purchased a used 2008 VW Touareg from Bob Penkhus in Oct. of 2013. The vehicle did not have the GPS navigation DVD with the vehicle at the time of the sale. The salesman said that he would locate the most updated OEM GPS DVD and provide it to me as soon as it was found. The missing/owed DVD was documented on a "We Owe" form, which was then signed. After about a month and a half to two months I called the dealership to get a status update. I wasn't able to talk to the salesman, however it was relayed to me that he was aware I was still waiting for the DVD and he would call me as soon as he got it. After about another month I called again and was again unable to speak to the salesman, however I was told he would call me back; he never did. I then emailed the dealership through their web-site in January to let them know about the issue at hand and the response I received said that the salesman was looking into the issue and I would receive a call back. I received another email a few days later and was told that the service department was keeping an eye out for the same year Touareg so they could make a copy of the Navigation DVD to give to me. I was originally told it would be OEM, not a copy, which I have my doubts would work anyway, although that isn't really an issue because I never heard back from anyone after that. I tried calling once more after that, but was unable to speak to the salesman. On 10/03/2014 I emailed the dealership from their web-site once more to say that it had been a year and there was still no resolution; as of 10/07/2014 I have received no response. At this point, even if I did receive a response I would have a hard time believing the situation is going to be resolved. I offered to locate the DVD myself, buy it and then bring in the receipt to be reimbursed, but heard nothing back on that idea. The navigation in the vehicle does not work at all without the DVD so it is basically a very large cd player/radio at this point.

Since the navigation unit in the Touareg was one of the reasons I bought that particular vehicle I would like to get it working. I would like Penkhus to either provide me with the signed upon OEM DVD for the vehicle, or monetary compensation that would allow me to purchase the DVD. They can easily be found and seem to range between $115-$150 before shipping. I have been told that VW dealerships can sometimes order them cheaper than that through their parts department, however I have not verified that.

The customer is correct. We have in writing that he should get a navigation disk for his vehicle. This part has been ordered as of 10/22/2014. We will contact the customer to arrange installation. There will be no charge to the customer.

06/26/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bob Penkhus (known as "seller") unilaterally erred to discover and/or disclose material facts of one 2007 Pontiac G5, VIN # ***************** (known as "purchased vehicle"). ****** **** (known as "buyer") has suffered measurable damages due to the seller's misrepresentation and unilateral mistake. Further details are outlined below. On October 6, 2012 the buyer visited the Bob Penkhus in Motor City, Colorado Springs. The purchased vehicle was advertised to have a clean driving record and no accidents and backed by the "Bob Penkhus Promise." The car was listed at Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The sales team brokered the car deal that involved purchasing the vehicle with $2500 cash down payment and a trade in credit of $100. On April 2, 2014 the buyer contact her bank to refinance the vehicle for a lower interest rate. The bank notified the buyer that they would be unable to finalize the deal based on the ********* history reporting Frame Damage in 2011. The car was ineligible for any loan and valued the car around 50% of full MSRP with the frame damage. The bank was unable to fully value the car based on the fact that they did not know how extensive the damage was. The buyer ran the ********* and ****** reports by the vehicle's VIN number. The ********* history does in fact report frame and unibody damage in January 2011. This was added to the *********'s history prior to the purchase date of the vehicle. The ****** History reports one accident in 2008. This was also added to the history prior to the buyer purchasing the vehicle. The buyer personally contacted and disputed the reported frame damage through *********. The email response received states, "Unfortunately, the Frame/unibody damage record has been confirmed due to a rocker post and a B pillar damaged. In order to dispute this record further, you will need to seek out a general manager at any auction house that uses ********* and start a frame/unibody dispute with them. Please note that even if the dispute ends in your favor, the original frame/unibody damage record(s) will remain on the report for legal reasons. A new record may be added, if the dispute is valid stating that "Auction announced as frame/unibody damage disputed-inspection shows no frame/unibody damage." Once the report was confirmed by *********, the buyer went to two separate third party companies to confirm the frame and unibody damage. The local GM dealer referred the buyer to ***************** located at ****** Garden of the Gods Road. The service advisor, ****** *******, inspected the vehicle and confirmed what was reported on both history reports. "After inspecting the vehicle there is obvious weld work to the left "A" pillar that is starting to rust. The left rocker panel has either been repaired or replaced as the factory spots are no longer visible as well as paint peeling and signs of rust in the new weld. In addition there is a hard tape line to the "B" Pillar and paint is peeling. This is an obvious sign of prior paint & body work." The buyer also took the vehicle to the local ****** Co, located off of Tutt Ave. The appraisal was completed by *****. on May 6, 2014. The condition of the car was noted on the appraisal offer. This third party company noted as follows: Driver Fender: Not original, Hood: Prior Paintwork, Driver Front Door: Prior Paintwork, Driver Quarter: Prior Paintwork, Frame: Prior Repair, Apron: Repaired. If the seller properly disclosed these facts prior to the sale of the purchased vehicle, the buyer would not have entered into the sales contract. Had the seller presented **************** with the history report, the lien holder would have rejected any financing based on the reported frame damage.

After 6 unsuccessful weeks of trying to resolve this issue with the employees of Bob Penkhus, I seek the immediate rescission of sales contract, recover all monetary measurable damages in the amount of $13,785.82 and immediately return the purchased vehicle upon payment.

Dear
A(hur's
an
attempt
to
update
the
Autocheck
reports,
at
minimum,
incorporate
the
comments
regarding
measurements
cell
phone
*************

Mr. **** and the Better Business Bureau,
Thank you for your response, please note that my address has changed since I purchased the Pontiac in 2012. Please send any other further correspondence to *********************************************************
As to option number one of the goodwill resolution; my faith and trust in Bob Penkhus' quality of vehicles is non-existent and I would not be able to proceed with confidence to trade the Pontiac in for another vehicle on their lot. Not only do I doubt the service I would receive walking back into their business, but, based on my experience in dealing with numerous employees and the very questionable quality of the current vehicle, I am extremely doubtful that Bob Penkhus fully checks or inspects over all of their vehicles for major issues prior to sale.
As to option number two; the amount of $1834 does not cover the damages that I have suffered. I am unsure how they reached that amount. I would be inclined to hear how they specifically reached that settlement amount to explore this option further.
I appreciate they want to help "assist" me in an "attempt" to clear the issue with *********. The only way to continue to dispute the frame damage is "through a general manager at any auction house that uses *********," but even if the frame damage is found to be non-existent, ********* will not be able to remove it "for legal reasons."
As for the "attempt" to refinance the vehicle, I am 100% not willing to proceed. My understanding of the refinancing is that Bob Penkhus is able to obtain financing because they are not required to provide the history reports to lenders. I do not wish to proceed in this unethical way of not disclosing the reported damage to any financial institution, especially my own bank. I believe it is an immoral and an unethical business practice.
Unfortunately, neither of the proposed options are reasonable or equitable resolutions.
I do agree with Mr. **** that ********* and******* are not 100% accurate and the interpretation of what constitutes frame damage is wide spread. However, the frame damage listed on the vehicle's history will remain on the history and banks, car dealers and private parties rely heavily on these sources to accurately value the vehicle, and based on this consumer reliance, this vehicle's value will be greatly diminished by those interpreting the damage and the history. Even now, Bob Penkhus and our separate third parties reports (all who have inspected the vehicle) have different interpretations of the frame damage.
Regardless, of the amount of damage to the frame and unibody, Bob Penkhus has a duty and Per C.R.S. 6/1/708(1) (b), "knowingly failed to disclose in writing, prior to sale, to the purchaser that a motor vehicle has sustained material damage at any one time from any one incident.
No evidence has been provided by Bob Penkhus that they conducted any further inspections after the single******* report was ran and before the sale of the vehicle. Two seperate and reputable third parties have reported and documented that the frame was either repaired or replaced and that the repair work was "obvious." If Bob Penkhus disputes knowing about the damage before hand it is because their own negligence.
For the reasons stated above, I continue to demand for the rescission of the contract.
Furthermore, the only expectation I ever had of Bob Penkhus was to be able to purchase a reliable and dependable vehicle, free from material damage from a reputable and ethical dealer. I would hope that based on Bob Penkhus' reputation which they advertise, that these standards are not unattainable and my expectations are not unreasonable.
***********

04/21/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On February 19th, 2016 myself, my wife and two kids came in to look at a vehicle to buy out right with cash. We were helped by a sales man by the name of Mathew ****** and although he had great costumer service,he offered to pay our insurance down payment of $165 with his credit card and we gave him the cash for it, then when we left he cancelled the payment and kept our cash. We ended up buying the car he was persistent on us buying due to its reliability, safety and 200,000 miles we were told it would continue to give us. It is a 1995 Honda civic with 183000 miles on it. We were told it was inspected and it would be reliable and safe, not just once was I told that but multiple times. The car is kbb at 1500 in fair but running condition but with the condition we bought it in after being lied to it was only worth 500 if that, we paid $2000 for a vehicle to only drive it less then 20 miles before it broke down. I spent $300 in the first 2 days of having it to replace the radiator, thermostat, battery, battery cables and fluids to refill car then it had problems again and it is still at the mechanic as it has a list of things wrong that are not even worth the car to fix including transmission problems and a bad head gasket, which the bill is over 700$ for. I was finally able to speak to David a manager today after multiple messages and call transfers and he told me that i could not return it and get a refund. That was allllllllll of our tax refund and some of our bill money wasted on a lie by a reputable dealership and now I clearly understand why you have to come back and get another one.

A full refund of the vehicle that we were tricked and lied into purchasing.

We are in receipt of your complaint presented to the Better Business Bureau ("BBB") dated March 7th, 2016 regarding customer Brittany Andrews and the purchase of the 1995 Honda Civic.

With respect to the 1995 Honda Civic, this vehicle was sold "AS IS" with NO Warranty to customer Ashley *****, wife of Brittany *******, who signed the following supporting documentation:

Disclaimer of Used Vehicles which clearly states:
"I understand that the use of the vehicle is at my sole risk, Bob Penkhus is making no representations, warranties or guarantees of any kind. I understand that this vehicle has had no mechanical inspection whatsoever performed on it. I understand and agree that I am making a full release and waiver of all claims against the Dealership, including but not limited to, property damages, personal injury, bodily injury, and economic injury. I understand and agree that I have purchased the vehicle 'AS-IS' with all faults known and unknown".
Disclosures Required as Part of a Motor Vehicle
AS-IS - NO Warranty
Acknowledgement of AS-IS Sale
List of Major Defects that may occur in Used Motor Vehicles

Brittany ******* also made extreme allegations in regard to one of our employees Matthew ******, claiming that he kept $165 in cash from the customer to pay the insurance premium on his debit card, and then cancelled the transaction. This is not the case. Matthew has provided a bank statement that confirms the transaction.

Based on the attached copies of supporting documentation and false claims made against our Company, Bob Penkhus is unable to refund the customer.

In summary, we value our consumers' trust, and each individual in our Company embraces our corporate responsibility. We do value feedback from our consumers, the BBB and any other source as an opportunity for us to improve the customer experience.

02/19/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My car had just been a year old in July of 2015- a 2014 Jetta hybrid, great on gas, but unfortunately I have been in VW once or twice a month for the engine light immediately turning on after service, my cup holders falling apart, constant oil leaking from the bottom of my car, the outlet plug not being able to hold a charge in the front, and buttons keep falling through. Overtime I go in and its a waste of time because the service guys "say" they fix the issue but it keeps occurring. What is really inappropriate is they practically blame the issues on me by saying I'm to rough with my vehicle or I'm a woman and I don't understand that cars do that- completely taken advantage of, and that I should continue to bring my vehicle in. If only they knew I work on vehicles changing tires, oil pans, review mirrors, etc with my dad since I was 15 AND I clean my car once a week to ensure cleanliness and my car is taken care of. So I am complaining about the service being sexist towards my knowledge and how well I do take care of my car as well as faulty issues with the physical car and it being cheap and falling apart on the inside and the fixing of the service they provide isn't enough. One time the top light in the front of my car where the emergency button on the ceiling fell right out on top of me WHILE driving. This car for being practically new should not be falling apart let alone serviced this often.

I am looking for a replacement, but I wouldn't have to start my payments on the new vehicle over again. I think its necessary for a replacement because of the multiple issues I have had in the past year for a BRAND NEW VEHICLE. I have wasted my own days, hours, and money to be in vw- the company knows me by first and last name personally for how many times I'm in there. I have been a loyal customer since 2006 with having 3 VW vehicles, and service then was great. As the years went on service has become lazy, rude, and unable to solve the issues with the vehicle. I have continued to put my trust into VW because I have been with them for years but I have recently noticed that this particular car and my other vw cars haven't had the car completely taken care of- like all of my cars had to go in twice in one week to have the oil pan tightened again because the issue was taken care of properly in the first place. How am I to ensure that my cars are safe to drive when I am in here getting them fixed because of mechanic failure? Now with my current car and its issue- I love the gas milage but I feel as if i was sold a cheap car. To have stuff falling apart while driving is unsafe and ridiculous, and to blame the falling apart on the costumer is inappropriate when I care for my cars because they are expensive to maintain. With the issues the vehicle has- oil leakage constant, engine light constantly on, tire pressure constantly low, buttons/cupholder falling apart- my time and money to even drive from monument is being wasted and I don't have that money to also keep fixing it. The feeling of being scammed into a cheap material car and an uneasy feeling about my safety to even drive the vehicle is what VW has left me pondering thinking about.

Customer's complaint stated she had to come back once or twice a month for the engine light turning on after service, cup holder falling apart, constant oil leak, outlet plug not being able to hold a charge, and the buttons keep falling through.

The vehicle has six repair orders since the in service date of 6/28/14. Car has been driven approximately 40000 miles. First repair was 11/29/14 9092 miles for 10K maintenance (N/C). Second was 1/23/15 11688 miles cup holder, and CarNet button fell out, parts were ordered. Third repair 5/29/15 19630 miles for 20K service (N/C), install special order CarNet button and console cup holder. Forth repair 8/29/15 28904 miles for tire pressure light on, pressures okay, customer advised of proper reset procedure. Cup holder came apart again, and was reinstalled, oil change & tire rotation completed (declined full 30K service). Fifth repair 12/07/15 37117 miles performed oil change, checked for cause of tire pressure light and found tire pressure was 10 psi low, recommended 4 new tires and alignment (declined). Sixth repair 1/13/16 40182 miles, complaint of tire pressure light on, found car had three old, worn tires <2/32" and one new tire causing problem, complained that cup holder keeps coming out, requested the engine maintenance light be turned out (declined 40K maintenance). Please note: there have been no complaints of oil leaks, and no inspection notes of oil leaks detected. There has been no requests to repair the outlet plug, and no documentation of engine light coming on after service. The one complaint about the CarNet button has been resolved.

We have scheduled an appointment for 8:00 am Friday, 1/22/16, to inspect the vehicle with Jordan and the Service Manager, with the intention of identifying the cause of the repeat repairs to the cup holder, and enlisting the help of our Volkswagen Field Operations Manager to assist with a final goodwill repair. In addition, we will complete a free multi point inspection to identify any other visible maintenance or repair needs, and provide a written copy of the findings to the customer.

12/16/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

My husband (Edward) made an appointment for my Volvo to get 2 keyfobs & 1 key. (I already had 1 key in a broken fob to go in one of them.) He got a quote of $275.67 from Monique with a dealer discount as the dealer we bought the car from promised to help get the key situation corrected so I had a working remote fob. I went to my appointment at Bob Penkhus 10/13/15 1:00pm, waited over 2 hours with my 2 children for the work to be completed. Then was presented with a bill for $366.28 and only ONE key & remote/fob made. The quote for 2 was $275.67. Subtracting 1 of the $88.40 quoted remotes from it would have been a quoted price for work completed of $187.27 rather than the $366.28 charged. I complained at the time to my service technician about not getting the dealer discount but had to sign and pay to retrieve my car to get my children and mother the 4 hours drive to our house. I also complained the same day in person to the Service Manager who apologized and said the 2nd remote had been sold since my appointment was made and he couldn't do anything about the price charged to me.

Now three weeks later 11/2/2015 the General Manager has finally returned our multiple calls to his office and offered a $46 refund. However, the difference in quote (of work done) versus the charge is $179.01. My service appointment was for 2 remotes & 1 Volvo key & cut, I was charged a $105 "Volvo Maintenance" labor fee that was not on my quote, as well as a lesser $7.91 lightbulb that was not work I ordered. I did not authorize any maintenance only key programming and cutting.

Full refund since we've had to chase this situation around for over 3 weeks now, or the $179.01 overcharged from quote.

Customer did get a quote as stated, but failed to call back Monique in parts to verify an appointment was set. Included here is the request for call back with updated quote: Hi, Ed it's monique with Bob Pinkus Volvo so your sales guy from Denver. Just give me a call and so we added all his dealership information on his tax Id stuff and so your price comes out too well instead of before It was $324.32, but now it comes to $275.67 so we do have everything in stock, so everything is ready to go did you make an appointment with the service to get the key program. If you could give me a call back and let me know our number here is ********. Thank you.

The appointment was made thru the service department for key to be cut and programmed. When Mrs. ***** arrived for the appointment she advised the Service Advisor that parts knows all about it. Since the parts department did not get a call back, one of the two keys in stock at the time of the quoute, was sold before they got here. The customer was charged retail, not dealer rates, with a 10% parts & labor discount. The quote from parts did not include the $105 labor charge for programming the key.

With the 10% parts and labor discount, and the $46 credit, there is no other refund or credit due.

We also offered to program the second key (labor only) at no charge, should they decide to buy it from us.

Mr. ***** did confirm with Monique in parts that he had made an appointment for service. When Mrs. ***** arrived she was not asked what was to be performed and did not tell them "parts knew all about it". She simply handed her keys over after confirming who she was, no questions were asked. I (Mrs *****) was contacted half-way through my appointment, an hour after arriving, asking me where my "other" key was that they were told it was supposed to be left in the cup holder. I told my service assistant I was confused as all parts were to be ordered I only had my broken remote with key in it that I had handed him. He said there must be a mix-up with some other customer at parts then and left. He didn't tell me all parts weren't in or that there were any issues.

We did receive a 10% discount but no $46 credit. We did everything we were asked PRIOR to our appointment. Mr. ***** did call Monique and let her know our service appointment was set. We were billed & charged for a key cut fee of $25, a key program app fee of $55.88 and a "VOlvo maintenance fee" Of $105 which seems to be an overcharge as it was not on the quote and I didn't request maintenance. I was given the 10% discount my service guy said as an apology for the over-long wait and my patience. I have received no credit other than that small discount he gave me when I was leaving with the 2 remotes he handed me that I thought were both new, before I lodged a complaint with management about the work not getting completed and the overcharge since I was charged more than quoted for 2 remotes and only received 1.THe quote for 2 remotes was 275, I was charged 366 for 1 remote - which already has the 10% off of it, it would have been more than 366 without the 10% courtesy discount for the long wait.

03/09/2015Problems with Product / Service
08/04/2014Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Body Repair & Painting