BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that Granger Chevrolet meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Granger Chevrolet include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 1 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||1|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Type of Entity
Business ManagementAl Granger, Owner Keith Brice, Parts and Service Director Troy Burke, Parts Manager Tammy Dietze, Comptroller Dean Granger, Owner Kim Granger, RETIRED (prev. owner) Brian Powell, Shop Forman Kevin Speight, General Sales Manager
Auto Dealers - New Cars Auto Dealers - Used Cars Auto Repair & Service New Car Dealers (NAICS: 441110)
Alternate Business NamesHarmon Chevrolet
Industry TipsBBB Tips on Auto Repair
2611 Macarthur Dr
Orange, TX 77630 (409) 882-2500 (409) 988-0000 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (409) 882-2500(Phone)
- (409) 883-0430(Phone)
- (409) 883-0433(Phone)
- (409) 883-0434(Phone)
- (409) 883-0438(Phone)
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: 1. price on vehicle was trying to be sold to me marked an additional $100 higher than advertised then a $699 charge was added to the cost of the vehicle (Before tax, title and license) which greatly increased the selling cost of the vehicle. 2. When a written agreement was finally made the company decided to back out before preparing the paperwork. I made an offer to my salesperson via email and I received a response that the manager and the sales person agreed with the total price including tax title and license. When it came time for paperwork i was then sent another total price including tax title and license over $4000 more than agreed to via the previous email with my salesperson. 3. i have requested copies of paperwork that i signed and have not received any response after i informed them that the email was a written agreement and was clear and concise. 4. Sales person and Sales Manager have failed to return any phone calls (BEFORE final deal was agreed upon and AFTER). 5. No change in treatment even AFTER complaining to another manager regarding the additional charges and such.
Desired Settlement: Honor the written agreement for the final price that was agreed upon after my final offer was submitted!
In response to **** ********** statement-
1) We have a VERY agressive pricing strategy on our vehicles for sale. One part of that strategy is to adjust pricing on our vehicles every 7 days. We look at similar vehicles for sale in our market and adjust the pricing to be competitive. Obviously as a vehicle ages, most priced are "marked down" but depending on the competitive vehicles similar to ours, some could be "marked up". The particular vehicle that Ms. ********* was considering has been "price adusted" 13 times since we listed the vehicle for sale. Saying all of this, we are not going to lose someones business by $100 on a car. (So this is a "none issue" to us. We will honor the $100 price change) Concerning the $699 charge on the car. When on our showroom floor, Ms. ********* was shown a "paint and interior protection package" for her car. (This is a standard practice for ALL of our Sales Staff) This package is sold for $699.00. Over 87% of our customers purchase this package. 13% do not. If she does not want the package, the cost of it can be remove when she sits down to complete paperwork with our Business Manager. (Again, not a problem).
2) The $4000 adjustment in the final "drive out" price was AFTER Ms. ********* informed us that she would NOT be trading her vehicle in. She had equity in her vehicle she was trading. Obviously if she is removing a trade-in vehicle that she has equity in, the "drive out" price that was previously negotiated will INCREASE. (Very similar if a person decides to remove a "down payment", the "drive out" price will INCREASE.) We have a complete transcript of all 26 e-mail communications between Ms. ********* and our Sales Agent. I have personally reviewed ALL of these emails, and there was ABSOLUTELY NOT any price changes done UNTIL the email was sent to us from Ms. ********* removing her trade-in vehicle from the transaction. After we recieved that email, we recalculated her car deal. All of the figures were recalculated. By the trade-in being removed from the car deal, all of the taxes changed, the cost of the "trade difference" was increased and obviously, the total "drive out" price increased. If Ms. ********* would enter her trade-in back in the transaction, the "drive out" price would revert back to $20375, which is the EXACT "drive out" price that we originally started with in the beginning. (Again, we have 26 email transactions supporting the accuracy of the "drive out" price NOT changing until Ms. ********* chose to change the car deal) If the Better Business Bureau would like for us to scan all 26 pages of emails and forward, we would be happy to do that.
3) The only signed document that we have from Ms. ********* is a "pay-off verification" on her trade-in vehicle. Now that Ms. ********* would not be trading her vehicle in it is irrelavant, but again if the Better Business Bureau requests we could scan this document and forward it. Ms. ********* DID NOT sign any type of a "buyers contract" or an agreement on a "deal worksheet". I have personally looked at both and these documents have NO signature.
4) We apoligize if our Sales Managers or Sales Agents have not returned any calls. Perhaps our Sales agent felt that she was communicating thoroughly to Ms. ********* through the 26 emails. We normally let the customer choose their preffered method to communicate ie: email, text, home phone, business phone, mobile phone. After Ms. ********* informed us (by email) that she would "contact her attorney", our employees were informed to cease communication to her.
5) Overall, we deeply apoligize to Ms. ********* for any misunderstanding or mis-treatment by ******* Chevrolet. We have been in the car business in Orange since 1980 with Automart and since 2008 with ******* Chevrolet. We are VERY proud of our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. After selling over 40,000 people vehicles since 1980, we understand how important a great reputaion is. In no way what so ever, do we want someone upset with us or feel that they have ben treated unfairly.
First of all, the $699 charge i was told was an Anti-Theft device that ******* puts on the vehicles and that it was already on there and the saleslady told me she "may" be able to cut that in half and when i brought up the additional $100 charge for the selling price on Jan. 6 I was NEVER (even in their response) quoted a price WITHOUT the addition $800 charged. Their response onlyincludes the price of $20,375 which includes the additional $800.....so after 2 weeks of attempting to get a total price WITHOUT the additional charge they refused to supply it.
As for the final offer I made....I have the email where the saleslady agreed and even quoted that the manager agreed that the final offer with NO TRADE IN was agreed to and when i asked for the papers to be prepared and the vehicle ready for that evening it was the following email that I was then told that no the total would increase $4,000. So their salepeople is making written agreements , then when it comes time to fulfill they are backing out after wasted time and energy.
As for the communication issues it wasn't from the salelady but from the Internet Manager ***** ******* that just left me hanging and never returned after he was supposed to verify the vehicle was available. After i contacted him back he simply told me that he got pulled into a meeting. This was very rude as I would think he would have time to wrap up a current conversation going on with a customer before he would attend a meeting but he even failed to contact me back after his meeting was over. I had to contact them back on my own. It was extremely rude and not very good customer serverice at all. This was contact made early on not later after discussions began via email. Email was chosen as a communication choice cause I saw early on that I would need a record of the information discussed. And in this matter, the emails will be back up to provide the evidence that this is NOT an A+ rating business but a very crooked and dishonest business.
Attached is the email that the sales lady ***** **** agreed to the total with NO TRADE IN before the company backed out and wanted to charge even more for the vehicle than the $800 they were attempting to tack onto the price as well as the breakdown i requested that STILL showed the additional $800 charged even after they were told I would not pay the additional $699 or $100 in selling price on January 6 when i was in the dealership. I was told that $20,375 was what they owned the vehicle for and thats what they would take for it....so i offered the price they owned the vehicle for with no trade in and it was accepted but then backed out.
And per the email attached...I simply stated that i can have a lawyer present if needed but that the offer they agreed to was already made and in written form. If they had not attempted to back out of the deal their sales person made then i would not have had to even mention a lawyer but simply stated that i could have one present if need.
Also, at NO TIME did the saleslady EVER come back to me with any other kind of offer or anything it was like she didn't want to sell the car to me or didn't want to even attempt to work out any deal. I have NEVER had this kind of experience with any dealership and want to let it be known that this company is very rude, has poor customer service and are not honest. Their sales people make one deal but then they back out when it comes time to complete. Not sure if the fault lies on the dealership or the sales person but either way It was a very horrible and poor experience.
This company doesn't deserve an A+ Rating.
We have since sold the vehicle that Mrs. ********* had interest in.
I would again like to apologize for any misunderstanding that we had with Mrs. *********.
I would be open to listening to any suggestion that Mrs. ********* would have to reach a resolution to this matter.