BBB Accredited Business since 08/24/2012

WINDOW WORLD OF LUBBOCK LLC

07/26/2016Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Window world is not honoring their lifetime warranty.
In the fall of 2008 we purchased replacement windows from Window World of Lubbock. In the past year we noticed that two separate windows had a developed a fog/haze between the two glass panes. We also noticed that a third window in a bathroom had not been installed properly as the window unit does not seem to close properly and the room is considerably colder in the winter and warmer in the summer. There is also considerable outside noise that comes through the window.

In December 2015, we had a service man from Window World come out to look at the bathroom window and he agreed that the bathroom window seemed to be out of alignment and not sealing correctly. He stated that he would visit with the window installers as he wasn't familiar with the window installation process. He also looked at the windows which had developed a fog/haze and immediately stated that seal on the windows had failed thus resulting in the obstruction of vision.

Window World asked that we provide them with a number attached to the top of the windows, of the windows that developed a fog/haze, so that they could order replacements, which we did. Since December 2015, we have called numerous times and each time were told that the windows are on their way. It now mid-June 2016 and we have yet to hear back from anyone regarding when the two windows with the fog/haze will be replaced and/or how the bathroom window will be fixed. Each time I call, I'm told "they are on the truck" or they'll be here on Thursday."

On 05/24/2016, I sent Window World a letter asking if them to let me know if they are not planning on replacing the windows to let me know. I never received a response.
Window World is not honoring their "Lifetime Warranty" which states that "If the window fails, they will provide the owner with a replacement insulated glass unit at no extra charge."

I have attached both my May 24, 2016 letter to Window World and a copy of the "Lifetime Warranty" for your review. We would like Window World to honor their warranty and replace the defective windows as soon as possible.

I would like Window World to honor thier "Lifetime Warranty" and replace the defective windows.

We ordered the replacement sashes however they were not delivered to us, I have reordered the sashes in order to honor the Life Time Warranty. As soon as the sashes arrive in our office I will call *** ****** to get the sashes installed. This process will take approximately 2-3 weeks they are made in a different state and have to be shipped to us.

We accept this response, but we would like to note that this is the EXACT SAME response we received from Window World when we would call them to inquire on the status of our windows. This has been their explanation for the last 8 months. Apparently it doesn't matter if the customer or the BBB write to them with a complaint, everyone gets the same answer. We will expect our windows to be replaced within the next 2-3 weeks.

Windows, Doors, Shutters