BBB Accredited Business since 03/13/1995

PRIMEWEST MORTGAGE CORPORATION

01/30/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

BBB received the following written complaint:

"Well I started out buying a house & I had put 1,100 down on the title one. I close out my 401K to come with the down payment. I gave my landlord my notice to move out. & then **** told me my det ratio was to high. My credit score was good in the beging to qualify for the loan I think it was 650 I believe, then my credit score drop because of child support issue, meaning the billing cycle. Well they order the House appraisezle, inspection, insect guy to go out. Before we were even sure about the loan going through. They gave me back $190 dollars I just need to know, was this right is it on the up & up. I mean 1,100 dollars is a lot of money to me."

"something anything. all but the $100, so I would say $810 is what im asking IF it's a screw up on thier be half"

On January 14th we received the first complaint ever filed with the BBB. Our goal is to never have dissatisfied customers knowing full well that this is a tremendous challenge when doing over 2,000 home loans each year. Senior management researched the complaint and found that the issues facing this customer, although unfortunate, were not unique. Their credit score was negatively impacted by a newly reported late payment. This new late payment lowered the customer's credit score significantly as we approached closing and made them ineligible for the loan they had previously qualified for. The president of the company called the customer and apologized and explained how the circumstances of his experience came about. The customer appeared to be very satisfied with the information provided and response from the president.

Mortgage Brokers