BBB Accredited Business since 02/19/2010

LUBE-N-GO AUTOMOTIVE

10/06/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

BBB received the following written complaint:

"On the 16th day of July 2015 I took my car a *** ******* 2003 to Lube-N-GO because my car was bubbling and running hot. Per copy of the invoice I am submitting this is what they say they did and charged me. Upon completion I asked if it was fixed. The repaireman or serviceman stated yes, we drove it and its okay. I stated I'm leaving to take a trip to Dallas, TX. serviceman stated yes. On the 17th it was not fixed, took car back and was charged the second invoice which I submitt. Got to Dallas and it happen again call Lube-N-Go and ***** the mgr suggested buying more anti freeze and c what that will do. Submitting receipt of purchasing a second gasket + antifreeze and car is till running hot til this day as I submit this complaint on 8-13-15."

"300.00 for car still not repaired"

8-29-15 - on July 16th Thurs 2015. *** ********* came in + said her car was running Hot. She requested that she had her own Rubber Hose to the Radiator + wanted us to install to see if that was her problem. once we installed her own Hose the car seemed to still run hot. We requested if she had just bought the vehicle to take it back to ****** motors where she bough it so they could see + fix the problem. *** said "No" because she did not think that ********** Motors would take responsibility. We start with installing her own Hose because it was leaking. Because you begin there + still overheating we so to the next step which was possible thermostat + Gasket prior to the service "car" was overheating. Due to the overheating and not knowing how long the car had been doing that, and how much damage it already had no one will know. *** left to Dallas made it fine up there, She drove it fine. When *** was going to come back to Lubbock She said that it begin again to overheat So I "*****" told her to go buy some antifreeze + to add, so she did + made it back to Lubbock. She called a few days later I told he to come in that day he we could see about it. She told me she was tired of that car giving her problems. I never saw her again. She paid for her own Hose installed + thermostat-Gasket-And Radiator Flush. No refund will be given due to prior service car was already leaking thru a hose and overheating. "

BBB received the following written business response:

"We gave **** ********* that very first option at the beginning of our first repair. I truley believe this should be a closed resolution Please let us know as soon as you review this. Thank you"

10/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Took car in for repair, paid $340. Problem not fixed. Returned to shop, supposedly they fixed problem- car continues to have the same problem.
I have used Lube N Go in Lubbock for the past 5 years to do minor service on my vehicle. A couple of months ago I spoke with the mechanic concerning a problem I was having when I put gas in my car. I would have problems getting the car started and would have to rev the engine for a little bit to get it running, then I wouldn't have any problem starting the car again until I put gas in it the next time. He said it was a fairly easy fix and quoted me a price of $189. I was going out of the country and told him I would bring it in when I returned. I called and spoke to ***** (owner) on Wednesday September 11th to let her know I was ready to bring the car in for the repairs. She said she could not find the paperwork on the quote, but to bring it in and the mechanic would look at it. I took it in early on September 12th. ***** called me later that morning to let me know the repairs would cost over $300. Since I travel out of town frequently, I agreed and also asked them to change the oil. A couple of hours later I was called by ******* to say the plugs needed to be replaced and it would cost an additional $400. I asked to speak to ***** since she had been the one to give me the original quote. She called back and I explained that the car was running fine except when I put gas in it. I asked if I could have the tune up with new point/plugs done at a later time but that I needed to fix the problem with the car not starting when I put gas in it. She assured me that would be fine and we agreed that they would fix the original problem. I picked the car up on Friday. On Saturday I headed out to Dallas, and the first time I put gas in the car, I had a very difficult time getting it started- obviously the problem was not fixed. I called the shop and asked that ***** call me. When she called I was very upset since I was assured that the problem had been fixed. She said she was sorry and when would I be back in town. I told her I would have the car at the shop the following Wednesday. I put gas in the car 3 times during that trip and each time it was harder and harder to get it started back up again. I took the car in on Wednesday September 18th and must say I did vent since I had been assured the car was fixed. At one point when I was told I should have had the other work done as well, I explained I could not afford it at the time and she had said it could wait a couple of weeks. She then said, well, you can pay out the cost of the additional repairs. At that point I said I just want what I paid to have repaired done- I said if they could not do it maybe I needed to take it to a mechanic that knew what the problem was. She assured me they would fix the car and I left my keys with her. The mechanic ******* called around 11am and left a message for me to call him on his cell phone. I was in a meeting and not able to call back until around 2pm. I called 3 times but could not get an answer. He did say on his message that the car was fixed. I had a friend take me to the shop to pick up my car and waited for ***** to finish with a customer to get my keys. ******* the mechanic came up to me and said "Mrs ********, I want you to know I don't appreciate you calling me a liar" I was a little confused and said "I never called you a liar, I said the car was not fixed" he pulled a box of spark plugs out of his pocket and said "see your plugs were bad, your car would not work with plugs like this" I explained that the car worked fine until I put gas in it. He kept repeating the plugs were bad. I acknowledged that, but he kept escalating and yelling that he had been a mechanic for 32 years and he had never had a complaint. I remained calm. He said he did the addition repairs and paid out of his own pocket but if I ever came back he would never work on my car again! I told him I didn't have to stand there with him yelling at me and I went to get in my car. This morning 9/25 I went to put gas in my car- I almost didn't get it started- It is still not fixed

I request the original $340 paid to fix the problem since I now have to take the car to another mechanic for repairs.

BBB received the following business response:

"Mrs. ******** came in to repair her vehicle for a problem leading to vehicle not wanting to start when she puts gas. Her fuel regulator was leaking, and therefore we dignosed that problem. And fixed the fuel regulator. That was the 270.55 charge. The other charge was the Injector cleaning 69.95 that totaled 340.50. We advised her that her plugs were also foweld out and that she probably needed to do that as well. She came up here and was a little mad, so I (*****) told her that we fixed her problem on the fuel regulator that was leaking and that if she wanted we would to tune up plugs & she could pay me out. She said "No" her car still wont start only when she puts gas. I told her to leave it & we would check it our again. We took it & we would check it out again. We took it upon ourselves & tuned it up for her at no charge. The vehicle ran super. The plugs had no points on them & we were nice enough to tune it up at no cost. That would of cost her an extra 400.00 dollars. The vehicle has 143K and is 11 years old, and we fixed her 340.00 problem and tune it up at no cost to her. If she still has a problem with it not starting again that could be another issue. What we diagnosed was fixed which was the fuel regulator. And, also gave Mrs ******** a free Tune-up. ******* told her that we would work on her car for oil changes only but as far as mechanic work we would NOT work on her car anymore. Mrs ******** did tell (*****) that she would take her car to another mechanic to fix her problem before we even tuned it up. We do not & will not reinburse for 340.00 because the 340.00 fixed her fuel regulator that was leaking. And also she received on additional 400.00 free parts/labor on a Tune-up."

Thank you!
*****

"*Vehicle has no maintanece record of any kind, besides free Tune-up and fuel regulator."

Lubricating Service - Automotive, Auto Repair & Service, Brake Service, Auto Inspection Stations