Bush Brothers Millwork

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

07/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Contracted with Bush Brothers in 2013 to build a wall unit and desk. Discovered 2 1/2 years later the wood they used was infested with termites.
Contracted with Bush Brothers in 2013 to build a wall unit and desk for our new home. About 6 months ago we discovered little wood piles around the base of the wall unit and desk. We then asked our exterminator what it was and told us we had termites. After examining the entire house and finding no evidence of termites anywhere else we were told it was just contained to the wall unit and desk that Bush Brothers installed. I called Fred **** and told him the situation and that we have to get our new house tented at a cost of $3000 which I wanted Bush Brothers to pay for. He told me he would have someone come to the house and inspect it. No one ever came even after several phone calls. He admitted it was possible that the wood he used had termites. He then told me that he would file a claim with his insurance company. Never heard back from him. I called him several more times but all I got were excuses. He told me his business was in shambles and had no money to reimburse me. I told Mr. **** that I would work with him and that he can reimburse me over 3 months Never heard back from him. Just to let everyone know, Bush Brothers did excellent work and I have no complaints about the quality and timelyness of that work, but It cost me $3000 and a lot of time and hassle to deal with termites that his wood had.

I would like Bush brother to cover the cost of us tenting our house for termites.

We were in contact with the customer in regards to this issue. There is no way of knowing where the termites came from, so we are unable to be deemed liable for insurance purposes or other purposes. South Florida is one of the nations heaviest risk areas for termites due to the heat and moisture. A warning was put out in 2015 citing a large increase in the termite population in South FLorida. It is predicted that within the next decade every structure in south Florida will have a termite infestation. This is upsetting news to say the least. Simply put, we cannot be held liable for pest migrations and climate.

03/15/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Signed a contract with Bush Bros. for Cabinets for two apartments over a year ago and paid in full.
They have not finished, answer the phone or email.
We, ***** **** and Myself, signed a contract with the Bush Bros., on 4/30/15 for $30,809.80 for two apartments. Then they demanded an additional $3,000 more or they would not deliver the cabinets. We paid them in full. They delivered the cabinets on 1/21/16. They were delivered missing drawers, cabinets, doors, vanities, and bar. They partially put them up, but never finished. I visited **** ****, and **** **** several times,and told me they were coming to finish, but never did. I called them and emailed them, but no response. I am afraid they are closing there doors, and doing the same thing to other customers, taking their money and not delivering or finish....The quality of the hardware used was not what was promised.

Finishing the Job as stated in contract, or compensation for hiring someone else to finish the
job as per/contract.

This complaint comes as a complete surprise to **** Brothers. At this very moment we have an installer at the ****/****** residences. This coming May will start our 40th year in business in the Boca Raton area and surrounding. We are not "closing our doors", not today, not tomorrow, or anytime. As far as the "additional" $3,000, that was in regards to the finishing on the units. Mrs. **** had originally requested a type of glossy mica that was discontinued. They then told us it was okay to paint in a high gloss, after we painted the units we found a similar item to the finish she had originally specified. We informed her of this, and she confirmed she would rather go back to this new Finish in mica. We informed Mrs. **** that this would cost an additional $3,000 and she confirmed and gave us the go ahead. We then had to re-make ALL the doors and drawer fronts in the mica that Mrs. **** wanted. We HAD to charge an additional $3,000 to make up for replacing the paint job we had already completed. ***** ***** and ****** ******, were aware of what the up charge was for and payed it in complete understanding. This complaint is bogus and confusing. Our installer **** is at their residence as I type this, so really, what is this for? We are sure this can be handled between our customer and ourselves, this is un-called for and un-neccessary. Also, On several occasions it has taken us two or three weeks to get a response from Anita **** or ****** ****** due to their frequent traveling or what have you. We will be in contact with our customer and the BBB needs not be involved. Thank You.

03/07/2016Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bush Brothers is refusing to pay for work that was completed 6 months ago.
Entered whole story in resolution box.

Expert Renovations was contacted by Hank from Bush Brothers Millwork in mid July of 2015 about installing some interior doors for them. Since our two companies have done work together in the past, Expert Renovations did not hesitate to help Bush Brothers out. Expert Renovations installed a total of 13 interior wood doors on July 30th and August 1st 2015. The agreed upon price to install the doors was $125.00 each. The total bill was $1625.00. The home owner where the doors were installed called Expert Renovations and said he would like some slight adjustments made to the doors. Expert Renovations agreed to go make the adjustments at no cost to home owner or Bush Brothers. Before heading over to the house to make the adjustments, Expert Renovations contacted Hank Bush to advise him of our plan to make the home owner happy. Hank Bush then demanded that Expert Renovations better not go back to the jobsite because he already went there and inspected the work performed by Expert Renovations, and everything was "perfect". Hank then went on to state that the home owners did not want to pay Bush Brothers for the work performed. He also stated for Expert Renovations not to wory, that we would still get paid for doing the installation. Expert Renovations has gone to Bush Brothers office at least four times trying to get paid with no results. We would really like to resolve this matter with Bush Brothers, but they will not return our phone calls, and this has gone on long enough. Please help us get this issue resolved. Thank you! **** *****

The "work" done by Expert Renovations was extremely sub par and Bush Brothers has no intention of paying. The Home Owner rejected each and every door installed by "Expert" Renovations. We had to pay another sub contractor to come and re-do the work because the Home Owner did not want Expert Renovations back at his home.

02/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I hired Busch Brothers to build me a new kitchen and bath after 1 year the cabinets are chipping and peeling I have called several times they said
they said they would send back **** the installer after 1 year I am still waiting cabinets are chipped and peeling poor paint job

poor quality called still calling they are avoiding me. **** **** the owner is aware of the situation.

We will call Ms. ***** directly ASAP.

MOVING ON

****,
We spoke to **** again this morning and he verified with us that he was the one to pay for the items sold. He also said he would contact you today to resolve any further personal issues about who paid for the kitchen work. However, if you can provide us with a check receipt or check number proving that you yourself paid for the items, we will be glad to provide you with a purchase receipt for your items and set up an appointment to repair said items.

As it sits **** **** and **** ****** agree that no repair work should be done until proof of purchase is provided. Thank you

Woodworking