My husband and I would like to submit a formal complaint regarding our Celebrity Infinity Shipboard Wedding "coordinated" by The Wedding Experience.
Problem Date (Wedding Date): June 7th, 2015
Booking #: XXXXXXX
Marriage License Coordinator: ****** *****
Payment Amount: $******.50 USD
Payment Method: Credit Card
1. Communicated via e-mail thread and phone with ****** ***** to plan our wedding together for one year since May 2014. She made too many mistakes in exchanging and communicating wrong wedding plan information throughout and especially for the actual wedding day. Planned and paid for events on the wedding day did not reflect the contract.
2. Wedding coordinator DID NOT escort us, the couple, fromthe cruise terminal to our stateroom as written on contract.
3. We were told to hire 5 additional wedding coordinators on top of the 1 other included in the basic wedding package we paid for. The coordinators were $375.00 USD each. We do not know what their names were. We were not introduced to all of them. They did not do their jobs as previously confirmed in the contract.
4.Wedding coordinator did not meet me, the bride, at our stateroom for the standby queue before the ceremony which was planned to start at 12:00 p.m. to escort me to the venue, Trellis Restaurant. I was ready and waiting at 11: 50 a.m. There was no one by my side to escort me down to the Trellis until I called ****** ******* the Celebrity Cruises event coordinator 3 times. Finally, 2 wedding coordinators came to my stateroom 12:25 p.m.
4. We told ****** ***** that ******* my groom/husband, and his groomsmen will be escorted to Trellis at 12:00 p.m. This DID NOT happen. So all the bridal party got confused and lost to where to go and to be. All our bridal party was waiting outside the Trellis restaurant for me to come for 30 minutes behind schedule.
5. I gave every set up and props in one big bag for the coordinators to prepare to *****, the officiant/coordinator, in the cruise terminal at 10:30 a.m. I was later told they lost the boutonnieres (for rest the bridal party) during the preparation and finally found them not until 12:20 p.m.
6. ****** said the coordinators will place the wedding favors (we brought and passed **** *****) at each guest's seat. This DID NOT happen so too many guests left in empty hands.
7. I provided ***** a sheet of menu collected for all my 13 bridal party members at 11:35 a.m. to pass **** the kitchen because unlike the guests, we would not have time to order food at the restaurant. But they lost this sheet. When all the bridal party sat down for the reception after the ceremony at 13:00, there was NO FOOD and NO CHAMPAGNE as requested on the sheet. We got our appetizers when guests were in the middle of main courses. We should be VIPs and did not get full meals as paid.
8. ****** said there would be a backdrop set up in the Trellis restaurant for guests to take pictures but there was NO backdrop set up.
9. There was NO FORK nor PLATE set up for our cake cutting ceremony. We ate off the cake knife. There is a picture to prove this as well.
10. A couple of guests got denied boarding at check-in in the cruise terminal. They brought correct IDs and still got denied entry our wedding.
11. We paid and requested for 2 mics for our 2 MCs. There was NO mic. The 2 MCs had to share *****, the officiant's mic. And that mic's reception was terrible that when we used it for our bridal party's toasting speeches, MANY guests including ourselves got very annoyed from its static and constant breakages.
12. There was NO wedding coordinator by the head table. Even though we had 6, we had trouble finding one at our side.
13. We paid for coral bouquet but I did NOT get this until 13:30 pm during the reception, NOT for the procession entrance.
14. Cruise photographer was confirmed to start 15 mins before ceremony as per contract but did not show up. We paid for 2 hours as confirmed but he told us we only paid for 1 hour to him.
15. We recorded all our ceremony and reception songs in CD but a lot of the songs did not get played.
16. Guests complained of waiti
This wedding definitely did not meet our expectations due to the constant mistakes made by the Wedding Experience staff.
We are still hearing more complaints from our wedding guests that they did not enjoy the lack of organization coordinated by The Wedding Experience.
They are angry for us and demand refund for this wedding. We, the couple and the bridal party, were stressed and did not enjoy any moment of the wedding process as we did all the coordination and directing ourselves.
We would like a full refund for the horrible and stressful experience of our one year's worth of planned wedding ruined by The Wedding Experience staff. The honeymoon cruise was depressing throughout because of the constant aftermath problems arose from the wedding coordination. We paid a lot of money for our cruise alone but lost our honeymoon. We would like a free honeymoon cruise to anywhere we want in the future.
At the very least, we need refunds for what we paid and never got:
1. the wedding coordinators fees (6 x $375.00)
2. the 2 missing mics (2 x $30.00)
3. the 13 bridal party not getting food and champagne glass in timely manner and only had one or two bites at max! (13 x $45) + (13 x $8.95)
4. 5 wedding guests got denied boarding at check-in (5 x $45) + (4 x $8.95)
5. coral bouquet (1 x $120)
Thank you for forwarding this complaint to us to address. As this bride was previously advised, we are currently investigating this with our shore-side wedding team, shipboard wedding team and shipboard staff all assigned to her special day.
While it was our intention to provide this couple with a wonderful memory, we are very concerned that this did not happen according to her expectations.
When providing a formal response after all information has been received, we will be reflecting on the signed agreements and final confirmation that was submitted to The Wedding Experience as the final guideline for her wedding day. Within this document are the duties of our coordinators; shipboard staff; a time line, etc.
Again, thank you for this opportunity to respond to this couple's wedding complaints. We are always happy to receive feedback on our product, good or bad.
(The consumer indicated he/she ACCEPTED the response from the business.)
Thank you for the response. We acknowledge that our complaint is being investigated and look forward to your detailed findings. We would like the Wedding Experience to follow up with us and we fully expect some form of compensation for all the issues we encountered on our special day.
If the investigation is not to our satisfaction, we will reopen the complaint.
Final Business Response
The bride and groom have accepted compensation and signed a General Release of Liability to close the complaint.Compensation was forwarded and accepted.
After viewing the wedding video, all services were provided as outlined in the contract including, the beautiful ceremony, speeches, tea ceremony, toasts, dances, eatcing,etc.
The wedding officiant did a wonderful job.
This couple complicated their day by telling their guests to be at the port at 9:30, when they were advised that security and boarding would not open until 11:00 a.m.. The couple also arrived late to the port and caused our coordinators to begin searching through a very crowded terminal for them. The ship's hostess had to leave her duties to assist.
The documents signed by the couple for this wedding clearly outline all procedures including boarding and times.
We regret that the couple was not entirely pleased with their experience, hence why we offered a large amount of compensation returned as a gesture of good will. The couple accepted this compensation as final and signed a contract stating so. At this time, the Kongs are in violation of that contract.
The Wedding Experience wishes them the best in their new lives together.
Final Consumer Response
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
This gesture from The Wedding Experience LLC is not an apologetic one but a blaming one to the consumer where they claim no responsibilities for their jobs and telling us that we violated the contract. We accepted the low compensation and signed what was a threatening General Release of Liability because we just wanted to move on with our lives but this response from them makes us angry one more time in a greater way. So we're going to rebuttal that because the above response keeps referring to the contract as if all services was provided but there were many services that they violated and did not follow the contract. Also, the services described come from only one source: the edited and cut video footage, not from a 100 % raw footage of everything that went down from the beginning to the end. So their response is a made up lie to cover their faults and make the consumer look bad.
1. Denise Milow told us and the contract states as well as the Celebrity Wedding Package that the guests should arrive no later than 10: 30 am. Our guests came early because it's a large crowd and the process takes long. And being early to an event never hurts so if that is them pointing out blame to us then they are without common sense because arriving before 10:30 a.m. did not cause any interruption.
2. We were told that 11:00 a.m is when the Immigration and Customs opens. So they should quit telling us we were late. Do they have the video footage to prove that? We were there before 11:00 a.m. and their coordinators were all there but did not get introduced to us at all. We guessed who they were because, Karen, the officiant, kept yelling at the women with clipboards to stop chatting amongst themselves and to get things together.
3. We ordered two mics and paid for them not to be shared with the officiant's mic but for the two MCs and the six toasts making bridal party. Brenda, the Celebrity event coordinator explained that the reception to the head table got bad. Video does not show the bridal party and the guests getting really irritated from the bad reception. There are a lot of editing and cuts between the speeches if you look carefully.
4. The tea ceremony worked great because we prepared everything, not the Wedding Experience LLC.
5. The dances worked great because we prepared the dances, not the Wedding Experience LLC.
6. What kind of service is eatcing? Please learn to spell better.
7. We also got furious when the guests told us after the wedding that the expensive six coordinators we were told to hire by mandatory reason, did not escort them to the restaurant or to their tables. This was their only major job also described in the contract but did not get done. What we were told is that there was a seat chart with guests' names at the reception and one bald male employee, whom we do not think is a hired coordinator, told the guests where they had to sit. And they omit this lack of service in their response.
8. They also violated the contract because it clearly says to have the photography start at the bride's cabin with her mother 15 minutes before the ceremony and it did not happen. They have no way to prove this because they do not have any photographs of the captures we have asked them. We talked to the photographer after the wedding about this and he told us that the coordinators told him he did not have to start 15 minutes early.
9. Another violation of the contract is that it clearly states to start the ceremony at 12:00 pm. And it actually started at 12: 30 pm and delayed everything else because the wedding coordinators were bobbing their heads around to look for the bride who was in the cabin waiting for the queue the entire time. The ceremony only started because I, the bride, called Brenda three times from 11: 55 a.m. to 12: 25 p.m. to come give the queue to go to the wedding ceremony venue.
10. One clear proof of video footage that they do not mention but cannot argue is that despite the fact that the bridal party preordered our reception menu, there was nothing on our table when we got to the head table even after the ceremony was over. The guests were already at their main course. And this shows in the video.
11. The wedding video that their response is referring to is the exact same copy that the videographer who lives in Vancouver, Canada, so locally to us, sent via Facebook to us as the one sent to us from The Wedding Experience LLC. The manager claimed that it will take 8 weeks for international customers to edit the video into a wedding DVD. Again, it was the exact same video, no additional editing made from what the videographer sent us via online. So sending the copy back and forth internationally was senseless of them. In addition, the first DVD shipped to us after 8 and half weeks was blank. We tested it in 3 different machines. They made a foolish excuse stating that they tested in multiple machines before sending it to us so that claims that not only is the company a disorganized one but their machines are also fluke as well. We did not pay $1600 USD for a blank wedding video DVD. So we emailed them back and finally got one working. We played the second DVD they sent using the same machine we tested the first blank copy in.
At this time, the Wedding Experience LLC is in too many violations of the contract and telling us to be confidential of their mistakes by paying us what compensates nothing much because no one can put a price tag on a horrible wedding experience, especially for the guests that got denied boarding. Wedding is not just another birthday party. It is what is hope to be a once in a lifetime event. The video shows the bridal party having a wonderful ceremony because it is cut and edited to the Wedding Experience LLC's advantage. Even though we were very angry with them during the ceremony, the video captured the moments when we kept our composure and smiled for the wedding guests and our wedding itself. Therefore, we had a very BAD wedding experience with The Wedding Experience LLC.