BBB Accredited Business since 03/17/2016

Biasi Tile & Marble, Inc.

03/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Tile install by Biasi who was paid in full.After laying,he admitted faulty product to start.Biasi tore up install,refusing refund/reinstall @ no cost.
1/13/14 Purchase/install date for the following:
Paid in cash - $3,500 for installation of 1,000 square feet of tile at $3.50 a sq foot. (includes grout and setting materials). Paid in cash- $300 for tear up of current kitchen tile and foyer.
Problem date: 1/20/14
Date of tear up by Biasi, of Biasi's own install: 2/20/14-2/21/14. Tear up of 1,000 sq ft Biasi laid at no charge, as Biasi acknowledged the install was quote, "the worst job he has ever done." Biasi also stated that he believed the tile he laid that the customer had purchased was defective from the start of the install; however he still installed and grouted it completely. Biasi refuses to either 1. provide a refund of the $3,500 paid to him for the original install, or 2. reinstall the 1,000 sq ft of tile at no charge to the customer. Customer has acquired another 1,000 sq ft of tile at no cost to Biasi.

Customer wants a refund in cash for the cash payment that was given to Biasi Tile for the installation of 1,000 sq feet of tile. Customer paid Biasi Tile $3,500 for the installation and has NOTHING to show for it. Customer now has no floors in their 1,000 sq ft of living space. In addition, customer has 1,000 sq ft of tile sitting here that needs to be installed. In order to afford to get installed, a REFUND must be provided by Biasi Tile. Biasi Tile acknowledges their wrong doing but provides no solution other than to tear up their mistake.

My name is ******** ***** owner and President of ***** Tile Marble. I did a contract with ****** and ***** **** like they said for only installation and remove existent floor on Kitchen and hallway, but on the day of the installation checking the tile then they got we figurate the tile was so bad and shape, we try all kind of the installation without any success, and main time we call Shame and ****** and i told them about the situation and stop my installer and remove about 100 sqf. We lost the whole day trying. In the afternoon the homeowner show up and i show than how bad was the tile, and they told to proceed the installation. We start again next day with the shade the they liked and was really terrible, and again i ask the to stop and they said no, was ok and they need job done before Christmas. Every single day we ask them about the tile and they said was ok. We finish installation grout and they pay me in full. Why you going to pay somebody in full if you not satisfied? After few days the show up on my house and told me them was not satisfeid with the tile and the Tile Supplier ( Floor Direct in Port Saint Lucie) will give to them a brand new tile ( not the original one, not the same color) and them they ask me to help with the situation. I told them yes, i can remove the tile, and give the setting material and grout and because we are neighbors i can put my installers there and they pay Their labor day. They said no, you need to give us money back or reinstall our tile. After some discussion they decide to accept my proposal. I remove the tile and give to them setting material and grout. Check papers attach

The 1,000 square feet of tile purchased at Floors Direct was picked up the day prior to installation by the installer, *** ***** who made no mention of any issues with the tile after accepting it. After Biasi tore out the existing tile in the kitchen and foyer, he called to inform us that he was encountering some problems. Biasi explained that the tile had some "bowing" to it and could not be laid in a staggering pattern with a 1/16" grout line. Biasi suggested laying the tile in a subway, or 50% pattern and using a 1/8" grout line. He assured us that with his suggested pattern and grout line, the tile would "look good," therefore we accepted his proposition.
Biasi proceeded with the installation of the tile and for two nights we stayed away from our home with our pets, so it is untrue to say that Biasi 1. Told us the tile looked terrible the next day, or 2. Spoke with us each day regarding our opinion of the tile. When returning home a few days later, the tile was still not yet fully laid or grouted, which made it quite difficult to notice any imperfections (as I am not a professional in this field). BEFORE the job was finished or grouted, Biasi asked if "we could pay him some money." We offered to pay him the full amount, and he accepted, as he is not only a licensed contractor but our neighbor. This being said, we paid Biasi in FULL before the job was completed not AFTER. Upon arriving home during the grouting process, I personally told Biasi's workers it looked "unacceptable" and that I wanted large sections torn out. The very next time I saw Biasi I also informed him that the floor looked terrible and showed it to him. He agreed. At this time, Biasi blamed the poor job on the tile quality and directed me to contact the manufacturer. I contacted Floors Direct and went back and forth with them on this matter. By no means did Floors Direct or the manufacturer say that the tile they sold was faulty. To get a third party evaluation of the tile quality would have been both costly and time consuming for them, therefore they chose to employ good business practice and replace the tile at no charge to us.
We received the exact same size and manufacturer of the tile, with the only variation being the color of the tile (due to current availability). Once we received the new batch of tile, we expected Biasi to install it free of charge, as he stated all along that he planned to help us fix the "worst job he had ever done." He refused to do so. His only offer was to tear out the incorrect job he did at no cost to us, or to pay his workers a daily salary to reinstall the new tile. At this time, we signed a piece of paper agreeing that we would not pay to have Biasi's poor job tore out, and refuted his offer of paying him or his workers any more money. We pleaded with Biasi to give us our money back for the labor we paid him to install the tile after he tore it out. Again, he refused. We now had no floors in our home and we had to pay another licensed contractor to install the new tile. Thankfully, this installer was able to use the correct pattern and thin set materials. Throughout this process, we learned that Biasi had used an improper pattern (subway or 50%) when laying the original tile, along with improper thin setting materials. Please see attached photos showing Biasi's incorrect 50% tile pattern versus the correct staggering pattern now installed. We plan to pursue getting a refund of our money from Biasi and feel his response is unsatisfactory.

They did not leave the house for few days, was there every single one also, we did the deliver for not cost and saw the problem just on the day of installation. Before use 50% we suggest to do straight but she refuse. I am on this business for 11 years and I told them about the tile on the beginning. No more to say. This people just want to see my company paying for their bad decision. If they want to proceed with this liars and destroying my business reputation, I will contact my lawyer.

Tile - Non-Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Bathroom Remodeling, Building Construction Consultants, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling