Morningside Pools, Inc.

06/09/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Invoiced without stipulating so at appointment nor time of service.
I've never paid an diagnosis fee for previous service calls. I was not informed upon making the appointment nor at the time of the appointment that I'd be charged for the service call. I was not given an invoice when the appointment was complete. I was only invoiced 2 days later after I stating I was seeking a 2nd opinion. I strongly feel I was invoiced in haste.

Zero out the invoice for the diagnosis service call.

Customer was informed of our policy when he called initially. He was never invoiced previously because he under warranty; the last service call was almost three years ago. He attempted to intimidate our manager when we called and was told of our findings. He had a serious electrical condition which we isolated so no one could be injured while using the tub. Therefore, there was more than strictly a diagnosis performed. He became upset when we told him what was required to correct the problem and wanted a second opinion which he received and verified our findings.
There was no need to file this complaint. All he needed to do was contact us and we would have voided it. Consider the invoice null and void.

As long as the balance is zeroed out I'm fine with the outcome.

I feel the business was very unprofessional in their response bringing an inaccurate personal opinion as well as the assumption that I received a second opinion verifying their findings. I haven't contacted them since the service date; therefore, it's only their assumption.

If they feel I intimidated anyone by informing the rep. that the service tech. told me he had no idea why the unit keeps burning up parts, that I'm not throwing the same parts at it only to fail again, and as the owner I have right to a second opinion at my cost; that's their own over-sensitivity.

The serious electrical condition as stated by the business was a result of the very part they replaced 6/12/12, the same part which was the subject of this service call.

The business is inaccurate on the last repair date (3 yrs) as they replaced a 2 speed pump on 10/22/13, that's 20 months by my count. Additionally, I paid the full amount as the unit was out of warranty at that point. Yet another inaccuracy in their response.

In closing it seems this business needs to get their record keeping straight and hire reps. that are less sensitive and more skilled at repairs.

Buyer beware!