BBB Accredited Business since 12/18/2000

South Florida Pool Heating

Phone: (954) 341-2002Fax: (954) 341-2004

12/16/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

That Mr ****** ******* President of Florida Pool Heat refused to honor a written guarantee to beat any competitors price on a AquaCal Heat Pump.
I wanted to have a Heat Pump installed for my pool.I contacted AquaCal and was referred to Mr ****** ******* President of Florida Pool Heat. Mr ******* told me in writing that he would beat any competitors price on a AquaCal Heat Pump. This unconditional written guarantee could also be found on the Florida Pool Heat web site.After getting several other bids or estimates on a AquaCal SQ 156R Heat Pump I had several email communication with Mr.******* and he stated again he would beat any written estimate and gave me a price $ 5950 to have Florida Pool Heat do the job.Mr. *******'s price was $1000 plus higher then the lowest estimate I received. When I emailed him the written estimate which he previously stated he would beat Mr ******* told me he would have to pass ***** the price I got from this other contractor was only a few hundred dollars above cost and that signaled a red flag to him since the estimate in question included the cost of labor as well as Florida sales tax.I believe that he passed because this bid was $1000 below his.
He if nothing else is guilty of deceptive advertising .

I want him to back up his guarantee

Mr *** was explained he was not in our territory and we could not do business.

He also submitted a bid that we felt was less than genuine.

Our guarantee is NOT unconditional and is based on the validity of another's written bid. there was no license printed on the bid and indeed it was for $ 300 over the cost of the piece of equipment.

We did pass on the business and wished him ( and still wish him ) well.

******* is a liar and I have his written email's to prove same.
And would be happy to share them with the BBB or anyone else to illustrate what a disreputable liar he is.
He should be made to remove his written guarantee or at least amend it to say he will beat any written price as long as it is not too low.

There is nothing we can do for this customer who stands form in his beliefs

He claims to have had the job done and to our understanding is a satisfied customer of another company

We will at his request amend our guarantee to state in the areas that we work. I am in South Florida and this customer is in the Jacksonville area

We again wish him well and hope he enjoys his noe pool system

07/02/2013Problems with Product / Service