Atlantic Shutters, Inc.

03/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I contacted Atlantic Shutters in August 2013 to have hurricane shutters installed. My credit card was charged on 08/24/13 for $2,275.00. Work not done
I contacted Atlantic Shutters in August 2013 to have them install hurricane shutters in my 1/1 condominium in Coconut Creek. ***** ******* came and did the initial measuring and collected my credit card information, and said it could take +/- 6 weeks. My credit card was charged the 50% down payment of $2,275.00 on 08/24/13. I have called him a number of times and there is always an excuse why the job has not been completed. First he said they were involved in a big job, and he would call back in a couple weeks. When I didn't hear back from him, I called him again.This time he said the city wanted the permit for the electrical work, before issuing the permit for the shutters on the patio area.I waited a couple weeks and called him again. He said his crew was off for a couple weeks for the holidays. I am tired of the run around. None of these delays are a result of me not being available for the install, etc.These are all as a result of the contractor. It has been five months, and my credit card was charged with the belief that they would adhere to the six week date written on the order.

The business should refrain from telling customers they can deliver the completed work in a certain time frame. We had no hurricane's this year. Quite frankly I don't understand why this is still waiting to be completed.

My response was as follows

I apologize for the delays. Last Ms. ******** and I spoke was mid December when I told her we would install after the first of the year. I had a death in my family on 1/3/14 which resulted in me being out of town for about two weeks, I have now returned. We picked up the building permit yesterday 1/27/14 and will be available to install the work in the next two weeks.

I am proud of the record we have after 15 years in business and apologize again for the delays in this instance.

If you could post the response since I couldn't get it to work online, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, ***** ******* Atlantic Shutters, Inc.

I contacted the State of Florida Attorney General *** ******** office, and have spoken with the Chief, Special Investigations Unit. I have been advised not to proceed with this contractor. Mr.***** ******* is clearly at fault. When I met with him late August 2013, he wrote in the contract that it would be +/- 6 weeks. He failed to stay within the time frame, that he himself wrote down in the contract. Mr. ******* clearly defaulted, by not staying within this time frame. I called him numerous times to check the status, and there was always a different excuse to further delay this process. The Florida Attorney General's Office agrees with me. They said it is up to Mr.******* or the credit card company to issue a full refund. Mr.******* needs to reply to the certified letter that he has received from the Florida Attorney General's Office, regarding this. The investigator told me "Mr. ******* was calling now to do the installation, because the certified letter that he has received. If it were not for the certified letter, he probably still wouldn't be calling for the installation." Again, I have been advised by *** ******** office NOT TO PROCEED.

The Owner and I spoke on Feb. 25th and the Owner has agreed to allow the shutters to be installed

Shutters