Cushions missing from delivered chaises, however I have been charged in full
Unable to get response from Customer Service after multiple attempts
Order placed on May 11, 2014 11:08:56 AM EDT via the polywood-furniture website, after an online chat the day before and a phone conversation prior to placing the online order.
Total purchase price was $4635.60.
My Visa card was charged in full.
Order was delivered via freight truck on May 28th, 643lbs total in 13 various cardboard boxes.
Upon inspecting the boxes, it was discovered that there were no cushions for the chaise lounge chairs.
I confirmed on my email receipts that they were in fact ordered.
I called the phone number and left 2 voicemails with customer service the next day.
I also emailed sales and admin at polywood-furniture, forwarding my email receipt showing the cushions were ordered and I was charged in full.
Zero response to email
Zero response to voicemails left with customer service.
My next step is to contact my credit card company, inform them I have been charged for items that never shipped and provide them records of the receipt and attempts at communication to try and resolve the issue.
If that fails, I will have no choice but to refer this matter to my law office and let them pursue the matter to a conclusion.
Since I have been charged in full, I expect to receive the products ordered.
The total lack of communication ( via voicemail and email) sends a bad message to a customer.
At least have the decency and professionalism to reply in a reasonable timeframe.
This customer is in receipt of all items on his order with exception to the chaise cushions which were slightly backordered. Customer was emailed with the backorder informationto the email address he inputted on his order: ***********@gmail.com. The backordered cushions are expected to ship next week. He has received ALL items but two cushions on his order. He may contact our office if this email address for future communications is not acceptable.
(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.)
I would like to once again state for the record:
1. The customer is NOT in receipt for all the items on his order with the exception of the chaise cushions. According to UPS tracking info, these are scheduled to arrive this Tuesday.
2. The customer was only emailed while on the phone with customer service after stating that no previous email regarding any backorder status had been received. The same email accepted the order confirmation, so it was always the correct email in their system. There was no email in my Spam/Junk folder nor did any other emails fail to be delivered from any other senders, nor were their any disruptions in service from my ISP.
3. At NO time, speaking with *** before placing the order online or subsequent to the order being accepted and being charged for the full amount, was there ANY communication regarding the chaise cushions being backordered.
4. Upon receipt, there was NOTHING on the packing slip stating that the chaise cushions were missing not backordered. If the packing slip were to be believed, I would have already been in possession of the chaise cushions, which I was not.
5. None of my emails to sales and/or admin at polywood-furniture were ever acknowledged nor replied to.
6. Upon returning from an unscheduled 1 week trip to Hong Kong/China, I began unboxing and setting up the furniture. The bod marked 8 seat cushions contained 8 SEAT BOTTOMS ONLY. My order clearly stated (and I was charged for) FULL SEAT CUSHIONS (BACK and BOTTOM). So, there are 8 seat back cushions missing from the order.
Again, if the order confirmation, full price being charged to my VISA card and the packing slip were to be believed, I would already be in possession of the 8 full seat cushions that I ordered.
7. An email was once again sent to polywood-furniture, stating item #6 above, along with photographs of the box, label on the box stating 8 seat cushions and photos of the contents of the box showing ONLY seat bottoms. Also in the email, is a copy of the original order confirmation showing that I ordered and was charged for FULL SEAT cushions (Back AND Bottom cushions, NOT bottom only).
In addition to the email, another voicemail was left with customer service at polywood-furniture, stating the facts for item #6 above
Again, every single item of this order was discussed verbally with *** prior to placing the order online.
So, assuming I receive the 2 chaise cushions on Tuesday (and they are the correct items), I am still missing 8 seat cushions that I was charged for.
The customer service of Zicom is extremely poor. Packing slips do not properly indicate the items ordered/delivered. No response to emails, leaving a voicemail does not guarantee a response, so you are left with calling everyday and hoping that a live person answers the phone and actually takes care of the issue in a professional and timely manner.
In over 55 years professional experience in law and engineering, this is by far the worst experience with a commercial sales company I have ever had. This entire issue would be an excellent candidate for litigation under Massachusetts General Law (chapter 93a).
I don't know why this customer is dissatisfied with the resolution. We ended up sending them CUSTOM full cushions to fit their chairs. There is no further action on our part. The order was filled in full as ordered. Plus the customer actually received a sizable discount on the order.