BBB Accredited Business since 02/02/2010

Massage Envy - Jupiter

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

05/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was charged for a final massage, and then told I could not use it, and had to pay the additional full price.
I cancelled my membership as my contract was up. They said they need 30 days notice and needed to charge me again for my final massage. I booked my final massage for today, and they called me to see if i was coming... and that it would be the full amount for a massage since i didn't use my last massage sooner.

When i booked my final massage, no one said anything about time limit. This is such a scam

They need to refund me that last payment i made as i never received services for payment rendered.

The client requested to cancel her membership on 3/12/15. At that time her account was past due for her payment that was due on 3/7/15. We explained that she would have to bring the account current prior to being able to cancel. Normally our policy is a 30 day notice meaning that she would have normally been charged for April as well, for customer service we post dated her cancellation for March explaing that the last payment would show as 3/7/15 and the account would expire as of 4/6/15. We also had the client sign our cancellation form that was not only verbally explained by us but also cleary states the dates of expiration and has a section explaining that the client understands they will have 30 days from last payment to use any remaining membership massages and after that time they will be forfeited. The client did have her last appointment set up for before the expiration date for 3/27/15, but she cancelled it on the same day of the appointment. She later called in April and booked a appointment for 4/16/15 at which time her membership was expired. We have clients that cancel and still continue to come in and pay the non member rate frequently. So it was not out of the ordinary to have her booked and not explain she was expired and had no massages because our sysmtem clears all that out when the membership expires so we would not see that when booking. We did give her a courtesy call the day before and day of her appointment to remind her that the session would be full price if she did not rejoin. She thought she still had a massage and we explained the policy and what she signed and she cancelled the appointment. I have also attached the signed cancellation form for you to review to show that the client was explained and educated on our cancellation policy.

When I cancelled my appointment for medical reasons, the girl say no problem, please let us know when you'd like to reschedule. She didn't tell me I would lose the massage and have to pay full price for an additional massage, that was a total surprise an hour before my massage. This is wrong, and just bad business.
I would like a refund of my last payment.

We provided clear information verbally and in writing to the customer as to how the cancellation processed worked. She agreed to the terms initially on her membership agreement and then again on the cancellation form. I will however issue a refund for the one unused massage to come to a resolution. It should reflect on her credit card within 5-7 business days.

04/13/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Therapist was allowed to work while being sick and got me sick.
I went to massage envy on February 20th at 630. The therapist I had an appointment for picked me up in reception and took me to the room. I received a very good massage but I started to notice she was making noises as if she was sucking on something. She also started coughed once and sneezed one during the massage and did not sanitize her hands. Also when I was in the face up position and when she was doing my upper back and neck she was breathing in my face.
I have avoided being sick for 2 years as during that time I was pregnant and then had a young infant who I did not want to get sick. However a sickness is hard to avoid under the circumstances described above. This therapist SHOULD NOT have been allowed to massage people when she was sick!
I missed 3 days of work and was sick for 3 weeks. My 1 year old daughter, who had never been sick before, did get sick and ran a fever.

I would like a refund for the massage and compensation for the days I missed at work. As well as compensation for the pain and suffering on the part of me and my child.

Prior to this complaint I tried reaching out to the customer and left a message and had no response. We did investigate the situation as to whether the therapist was sick as we do not condone employees coming to work sick. The therapist stated she was not sick and worked the rest of the weekend with no signs of being ill. We do understand the customers concern and frustration and the owner also made another attempt to contact her again on 3/17/15 and left another message. We have yet to hear back.

I never received a message or a phone call, I am not sure what phone number they are calling or leaving messages at, but massage envy has never had a problem before reaching out to me to confirm appointments. In regards to the therapist, she is clearly lying or has some sort of memory lapse. Perhaps she does not remember coughing and saying excuse me. She was definitely sick, it is hard to mistake! I am not satisfied at all with this response. I have already contacted corporate as well. If a resolution cannot be met, I will also contact my lawyer.

I am not sure if the client would like to provide the phone number she would like to be contacted on. The owner again called yesterday and left another message notifying her that this was her second attempt to reach her and find a resolution. There has still been no response. I believe we do have the correct number because this is the number she stated her home location never has a problem reaching her on. If she has a alternate number please provide.

08/07/2015Problems with Product / Service