BBB Accredited Business since 07/11/2012

Chris Burke, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My tile was improperly installed.
Tile was installed in my bathroom the day after Thanksgiving. The tile on both the walls and the floor changed color where the thin set was placed to secure the tile. When the installer completed the installation he informed me that the change in color would go away in a day or two. After waiting two weeks, I reported the problem. On Dec 17 the installer inspected the tile and said it would have to be replaced. He took pictures at that time and said that he would send them to ***** ***** either that night or the following morning. After not hearing from anyone I called on Dec 20th and spoke to ***** *****. He stated that he was not able to get the pictures from the installer, but had been made aware of the problem. I sent him additional pictures, which he acknowledged receiving while I was on the phone with me. He told me that he would call by the next afternoon with a resolution. After not hearing from him again, I called the warranty company used by Floor and Décor, and reported the problem. I waited several more days to hear from Mr *****. Once again I had to contact Mr. ***** while waiting for a resolution. Today he called and stated that the installer told him that only one piece of floor tile had the discoloration. I reminded him that I sent him several pictures of both the floor and wall tile which clearly showed the discoloration on numerous tiles on both the floor and wall. As previously stated The installer inspected the tile on Dec 17 and said it needed to be replaced. The last time I spoke with Mr ***** he assured me that we would have a resolution by last Thursday Dec 26th. Today Mr ***** stated that he would be out on Jan 2 to inspect the tile. Once again he is delaying the needed repairs while scheduling additional inspections. I previously discussed the inability to use this bathroom while waiting for the repairs with Mr. *****. The repairs must be made prior to the toilet and sink being reinstalled. The inability to use this bathroom has made us change holiday plans and cancel a visit by elderly relatives. Mr ***** was made aware of the effects of his inaction, but has yet to demonstrate any concern for the customer. As stated Mr ***** continues to say that he will call with a resolution by a deadline which he proposes, but then avoids doing so. When I paid for this work I did so using a Discover credit card. They have already paid ***** *****, which can only lead me to believe that receipt of the payment has affected the speed which my problem is being handled. What should have been an improvement to our home that would render the bathroom inoperable for two days has turned into a month long disruptive process which has neither increased the value of our property or returned our normal lifestyle.

Mr ***** needs to acknowledge that the defective tile needs to be removed, and new tile needs to be properly installed in a timely manner.

I checked our records, and this issue with Mr. ******** was completed resolved the beginning of January. We completely redid his bathroom with a different tile and he did not have to pay a cent. I called him this morning to confirm but had to leave a message.

After waiting for over two months for the subcontractor to remove and replace the tile in my bathroom due to substandard installation I hired another contactor to complete the installation. The subcontractor routinely did not show up when appointments were scheduled, and was late the majority of time when he did show up, and sometimes only worked half a day. After the tile was replaced the subcontractor failed to show up again for an appointment to seal the tile because he once again diverted to another job. When I called him he admitted that he was on another job, and stated that he would finish some other time. After patiently waiting, and having the contractor continue to delay finalization of the job I hired another contractor. This small bathroom took over three months to complete in spite of the fact that I made myself available to work around their schedule, and even offered to loan the installer some of my tools. ***** ***** would give me one schedule, while the sub contractor was on his own schedule. It seems that ***** ***** relied on his Sub, but didn't know when he showed up or didn't. I would not recommend this company to anyone, as they just sub the job out and don't communicate with their subs, and never follow up with the customer.

07/08/2013Problems with Product / Service
01/18/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/23/2015Problems with Product / Service

Building Construction Consultants, Cabinet Refacing, Cabinets, Cabinet Refinishers, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling