UFirst Auto Transport

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company did not send any bill of lading, nor return any phone calls, emails
I called UFirst Auto Transport on a Monday and spoke to **** ********* I told him that I will need my car pick up from WA and will I will probably be there either Saturday, Sunday but definitely Monday for delivery. He said he has a driver and can pick up next day Tuesday and even if I am not there over the weekend, they can hold the car. With this response and reassurance, I signed the contract but I have not received any bill of lading. When my family told me that the driver called and will not picked up until Wednesday, I called them and first **** did not want to talk to me so I talked to *********. She said she had a copy of the email sent by ****, I told her I checked even my trash/Spam and please resend my Bill of Lading. It's now Friday and I still have not received any. I spoke to the driver before he loaded, and he said that he will arrive Wednesday, instead of the Monday that was discussed prior to the contract signing. UFirst did not give me a Bill of Lading to confirm receipt of contract, did not provide customer copy of the signed contract and did business without protecting the consumer with any paperworks.

I would like a refund of our money. My schedule and that of my family have been rearranged and I did not sign for any contract work because of the schedule that UFirst have promised me so there is someone there to receive the car and pay the driver.

The Bill of Lading this client is referring to is not given to clients by us. It is an inspection form which is given to clients upon delivery by the drivers as they are that are there to do the inspection not us.
If she wanted a copy all she had to was ask the driver when she saw him at pick up and delivery.

She also claims we are late on drop off. This is not the case. She advised our sale agent she wasn't sure when she would be arriving in TX. She said it could be as early as the 22nd to the 25th. We arranged the transport around her dates and scheduled delivery for Wednesday the 26th. If our driver arrived to drop off the car and she wasn't there to receive it her vehicle would of went in storage and she would of had to pay per day plus a re delivering fee. As a courtesy we arranged our load to prevent this from happening. We have other clients and vehicles to attend to and could just wait in TX for her arrival.

Our dispatcher spoke with this client many times regarding the delivery but unfortunately we can not coordinate a delivery date if the client doesn't know what day she will even be there.

12/03/2012Problems with Product / Service
07/16/2012Problems with Product / Service
01/08/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I hired ****** Auto Transport to deliver an ******* vehicle. The truck was delivered damaged by transport company.
I hired ****** Auto Transport on September 26, 2014 to pick up and deliver my fully restored 1954 ******* Chevy Truck from Umatilla, Fla and deliver it to Basking Ridge, NJ. ****** Auto Transport sub-contracted the transport to Next Step Auto Transport for pick up and delivery. The truck was picked up by Next Step on October 7, 2014 and was delivered to my home in Basking Ridge on October 9, 2014. The truck arrived damaged and the driver of Next Step Auto Transport acknowledged the damage, provided me with a written damage report and told me to go and get an estimate to fix. I brought the truck to Somerset Hills Classics on October 10, 2014 and asked for an estimate. I received a repair estimate on October 13,2014 for $2,440.14. When i called Next Step they did not respond. I called ****** Auto Transport because they are the company that I contracted with. I asked the owner, **** ******** to intervene and help me get my truck repaired. His customer service representative supplied me with the insurance company and information of Next Step Auto Transport. I contacted them and filed a claim. I supplied them with all necessary information. After approximately one month i received notice that they were denying the claim due to the driver admitting he was negligent in securing the vehicle. They told me that I would have to go after Next Step Auto Transport. I have no relationship with Next Step Auto Transport. My contract was with ****** Auto Transport. I asked ****** Auto Transport to cover the damage on the insurance they advertise. The owner of the business, **** ******** has tried his best to avoid me and has not offered a solution. I have even agreed to settle the claim for $1,000 which will not cover the cost and I have not received a response as of today, December 4, 2014. I feel that ****** Auto Transport has walked away from me and they were the ones who hired this "fly by night" transport company but refuse to take ownership of the problem. This is a very unfortunate situation in that I trusted ****** Auto Transport with my ******* truck based on there website and they have walked away. No one should be treated this poorly.

****** should submit the claim to their insurance company since they were the company i hired. They should not have passed ** over to the sub-contractor. I have all back up documents including email correspondence. Thank You

Our company moved a Truck for this client from FL to NY. Upon delivery the client noticed a small scratch on the vehicle. Our carriers are trained to try and keep the client happy which led him to rectify the situation then and there.
The driver and the client came up with a mutual agreement which was signed off by the client that the transport balance of $400 would be waived and the client would take that money to repair the scratch. (Agreement between the client and driver can be furnished upon request).
We also advised the driver's insurance company on the situation. The client went back to the driver a week later and said his damage was over $2000 which both the driver and his insurance company has denied.
The insurance company assigned an adjuster to look into the claim further who has came up with the conclusion the damages are not $2000 + and the client has already been compensated.
Our company was there every step of the way with this situation and continue to help the client and answer all questions.

U first is lying and everything they put in their response is false. I have documentation from their carrier claiming that they damaged the vehicle and would repair. The damage was not a small scratch. I have further documentation from my insurance company , progressive assessing the damage at approximately $2400. I did not sign a waiver with the carrier. The driver did tell me not to pay him the $400 and that it would be applied to the repair. U first is an unresponsive company. This is a shame. I also have emails that I kept between myself and Ufirstautotransport that I would be happy to turn over and furnish. Can I have an email or mail address to send all my documentation?

We were very responsive to this client and also have emails that will showcase this. The $400 COD for his transport to NY was waived because of the scratch and the client accepted the money and agreed to use that money for his repair.

As per our signed contracts -Any contract or agreement entered into between the Customer and the Network Carrier shall not affect or change the terms of this Agreement or in any way bind UFirst Auto Transport LLC.

UFirst Auto Transport does not guarantee, nor act as a guarantor of the Network Carrier's Performance. Carrier transporting the vehicle(s) will be liable for any and all damage claims arising from the transport. All claims must be noted for at time of delivery, and submitted in writing within 48 hours of delivery.

We have advised the client if he feels the insurance conclusion on the case was incorrect he should have his insurance company contact them.

I do not accept there response and once again they are not telling the truth. It was not a simple scratch. In fact, I now have documentation from Progressive Insurance (my insurance company with an estimate of over $2,400 in repairs. If you give me your email address or fax I will gladly submit it to you. I never accepted the $400 as payment for repairs. u first knows this and they are again inaccurate. The transport company provided me with documentation admitting they damaged the vehicle and asked me to get an estimate. They told me that I did not have to pay them the $400 that I owed them and it would be credited to the repair. I have the damage report and documentation. As far as U first being responsive that is also inaccurate. I called greg diprieto multiple times and sent him multiple emails all of which went without response. I also left multiple phone messages and emails to his customer service representative , ********* *******. They also went without response. At the very least UFirst should refund me my $195 that I paid them. I am making the repairs through my insurance company and will let them subrogate.

02/25/2013Problems with Product / Service