BBB Accredited Business since 01/27/2012

Mission Towing Transportation Inc

10/06/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Damage to vehicle during transport from Phila, PA to Boca Raton, FL. Driver recorded and acknowledged roof dents that did not exist at time of pickup
I relocated from Philadelphia, PA to Boynton Beach, FL on May 3, 2014. Prior to that date, I arranged through ********* ******* to have my vehicle transported from Philadelphia, PA to Boynton Beach, FL. Dave, owner of ********* ******** arranged the transport through Mission Towing Transportation, Inc. located in Miramar, FL. The vehicle was picked up at the end of April at my residence in Philadelphia by a guy named *** and transported and delivered to ******* home in Boca Raton, FL. **** offered to accept delivery of my vehicle as I was not due to arrive in Florida until May 3rd.

I arranged to pick up my vehicle at ******* home in Boca Raton after my arrival in Florida on May 3rd. A friend of mine drove me and my dad to ******* home the following day, May 4th. At that time, Dave advised me that my vehicle had dents on the roof of my car which occurred during transport of my vehicle from Philadelphia. The driver *** recorded and acknowledged the dents on the roof of my vehicle and acknowledged the same on the Bill of Lading & Inspection Report and initialed his comments on the Report.

On Monday, May 5th, I took my vehicle to ****** **** **** Boynton Beach and received an estimate for the dents to the roof in the amount of $1799.13.

I was then in touch with Mission Towing who forwarded to me a Form to complete for Presentation of Loss Claim and Damage and submitted it to him, along with the estimate and copy of the Bill of Lading. Mission Towing then referred me to his insurance carrier and I had to complete and forward once again the required paperwork to the carrier.

This continued to go back and forth during the summer months. I spoke to **** several times on the phone and he also came to my place of employment to view the vehicle and take photos. I continued persistently to follow up with **** as nothing was being done to resolve the issue.

Aside from that, **** had indicated to me that another company had been responsible for the damage and had the owner of that company call me who advised me that his company was not involved in the transport or damage to the vehicle.

Late July, early August, everything turned back over to Mission Transport's insurance carrier ********* Insurance. Again, I repeatedly followed up with ********* Insurance and on or about September 8, 2014 received an email from the insurance company advising me that "unless you have a copy of the bill of lading, signed at delivery, with damage noted on the bill of lading, you cannot establish a prima facie claim against the motor carrier."

I in turn forwarded this email to Dave who initially arranged the transport of my vehicle through Mission Towing and who accepted delivery of my vehicle. **** in turn replied to ******** Insurance's email saying "The words "ROOF DENTS" (in my handwriting at time of delivery) are because there were roof dents AT THE TIME OF DELIVERY that did not exist at the time of pickup! Once "roof dents' were recorded, THEN the driver signed off on the bill of lading, admitting to and acknowledging the roof dents. Again, I took delivery of the car and there were roof dents that did not exist at time of pickup."

Reimbursement for the estimate provided to owner of Mission Towing during the month of May 2014 in the amount of $1799.

When vehicle was picked up it was poor condition to inspect due to rain. The customer sign agreeing to that. When the vehicle was delivered to someone not the customer it was said the roof was damage.Customer got a quote for $1700 or $1900 and told me to give her $1000 and she would accept that. I also told her base on the damage i could get it fixed for $150 but she would not agree with giving me the car without a rent a car.She then told me she did not want to deal with me she wanted to deal directly with my insurance company. The insurance company got the claim and deny it.Now after all that back and forth she wants to file a complaint knowing she only wanted the $1000 and not her vehicle fix.I was willing to fix her vehicle although i did not take responsibility for it.

The vehicle was in fact inspected by Mission Transport's driver when he picked up the vehicle from me in Philadelphia and he noted any existing damages at that time (which DID NOT INCLUDE THE DENTS TO THE ROOF which occurred during transport from Philadelphia to Boca Raton). The owner of Mission Transport admits not taking responsibility to fix my vehicle.

The DENTS TO THE ROOF OF MY VEHICLE were evidenced by **** of Transport Masters who in fact had the driver record and acknowledge the same on the Bill of Lading.

The claim was denied by the insurance carrier because it denies that the Bill of Lading has the notation of the DENTS TO THE ROOF which were recorded and acknowledged to by the driver. The Bill of Lading DOES IN FACT note such DENTS TO THE ROOF and was signed off by the driver transporting the vehicle.

At pickup the bol was indicated and signed off that the vehicle was unable to be inspected due to poor weather conditions and the shipper sign and agreed to such fact.

The driver reported and acknowledged, in the presence of Dave who accepted delivery of the vehicle, as evidenced on the Bill of Lading that the DENTS TO THE ROOF were caused during transport of the vehicle.

08/30/2013Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

My car was delivered with a broken back window. They say they are not going to fix it. Nobody knows how it was broken.
My car was picked up in New Jersey and was transported to Florida. When my car got there today the back window was broken. The driver said that this is common and that the company would fix it. When I called the company a man name **** said he is not going to fix it. That it was a road hazard. How can that be when my car was in between 2 other cars.
I called his insurance and they called and told him that it would cost about $200.00 and he said NO. It cost me $500.00 to have it transported.

About $200.00

My response, the customer signed a contract relieving Mission Towing of any damage caused the vehicle including glass stem from road debris etc. This vehicle was transported in a open trailer, as such the customer was aware that their vehicle would be exposed to the elements such as debris.

I don't except your answer somebody did lie.Yes I did sign your contract and I will never use your company again.Most everyone I know has there car transported to Florida and not one of them had this happened to them, I guess I was the lucky one to get you.I will do what ever I can to make sure that no one use's your company. I really can not believe that this was debris from the road. I could not have happened to a car in the middle of two other cars. I have asked so many people what you said and they all said it was from a chain from the top of the truck I have asked drivers and other company and they said debris would not have caused the window to break like it did even the glass company said the same think, so you keep thinking it was debris you and I know it was not.
I would also like to see you driving record and see how offend this happens to others?

No I don't tell my driver to lie.We put this in our contract because it happens.A open transport vehicles are exposed to the elements of the road.All customers have the option of choosing open or enclosed transport.

Auto Transporters & Drive-Away Companies, Boat Transporting, Airport Transportation, Towing - Automotive