BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1983

Firestone Tire & Service

02/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I dropped off my car to receive brake service. I declined the quote because of a cost issue, and my car was completely unsafe to drive upon return.
On 1/21/15, I visited the Firestone location at Dadeland Mall to have service done on my car. I knew I had faulty brake pads, and my car had already started making noise. I dropped off the car at the site for a quote, and the quoted service was higher than anticipated. I refused service so that I could receive a second quote from another mechanic. Upon receipt of my vehicle at about 6:00 PM that evening, the issue with the brakes was significantly worse than when I dropped off the vehicle. The mechanic team claimed that all that was done was that they removed the tire and placed it back in. I had to two the car to the second mechanic, who informed me that a caliper was stuck in the brake pad of the driver side wheel-well. This is significantly worse than the damage I brought the car in with, and I want the BBB to know of the destructive practices held at this location for clients that refuse service for legitimate reasons.

Since I refused service no money exchanged hands, so I can't request a refund or replacement. I would however like some kind of compensation from the company for increasing my repair costs at the second mechanic significantly from what I would have had to do were I to visit the second mechanic initially.

Customer came in to brakes we advise him that we do a free brake inspection, upon taking the wheel off we notice that the left side caliper was stuck,the inner pads were completely worn rotors were under specs

04/22/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Parts & Supplies - Wholesale & Manufacturers, Tire Dealers