BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1977

Climate Control Services, Inc.

08/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Terrible service for a air conditioner that is under warranty.
Since I live in Chicago, and the air conditioner is in Florida I do not have all the part numbers in front of me. I can tell you what is going on. My Dad who lives in the condo that I bought the air for called on Aug 8th at 9 am Florida time to tell Climate Control Service that the air that they installed had stopped working. They informed him that they couldn't get there until sometime on Saturday Aug 9th. They came at 2pm on Aug 9th. Joe the technician, said that the blower motor was dead and he needed a new motor. He checked my Dad's paperwork and said that the part was under warranty but they wouldn't have a part until Monday. Joe also suggested to my Dad that with this heat, maybe he should go get a hotel room..
Monday, Aug. 11th my Dad called Climate Control Services, they don't have an answer for him and someone will get back to him??? They didn't say when someone would get back to him? My Dad called me in Chicago at 11:30 Chicago time and he still hadn't heard any thing. So, I called Climate Control Service, after about 15 minutes on the phone, A man named Paul got on the phone and said that they hadn't ordered the part yet because they didn't know if it was under warranty or not!!! I said,"so if I'm paying cash for the part, it would have been there already?" "Get that part to my Dad's now", his response was, Who's paying the bill!!!I'm very upset, my Dad is 90!!! This company has now let him sit in over 90 degree temperatures since Aug. 8th. As of right now, Aug 11th at 2pm Chicago time, 3pm Florida time he still doesn't have air.

For whatever they charge him for the service call and installation. I wish I could *** them over the terrible service and the risk that that have put me father in.

I have researched ***** ******'s complaint and the following is what I found. *****'s father, ****** ****** called on Friday, August 8th in the morning. He spoke with our service representative and was offered a service call for that evening. We are extremely busy and the first available call would have been an after hours call after 6 that evening for a charge of $181.80. Mr. ****** chose to have a service call the next afternoon for $90 instead. On Saturday, August 9th at 12:15pm our technician *** arrived at his home. Our technician found a bad blower motor. This is not a stock item given that it is specific to the particular model a customer has. Given the call was ran on a Saturday, our parts supply companies were closed. Therefore, the earliest we could order the blower motor was Monday morning. Our technician suggested to Mr. ****** that he stay in another location until we could get his unit running but he declined. Monday morning, our Parts Manager began processing the part order and had the part picked up that afternoon by our parts driver. The part was then installed into Mr. ******* home as a first call the next morning, Tuesday August 12th.
I understand Mrs. ****** frustration given the length of time while her father was without air conditioning. Given the circumstances that her father was willing to wait for the service call the next day, this did delay the fact we could not order the motor until Monday. But, this was the customers choice.
I do regret the way in which our parts manager spoke to Mrs. ****** on Monday. I discussed with him at length the way in which he could have handled her call better. The fact that he discussed the cost prior to having the part in our warehouse was inappropriate and I feel completely poor timing. Our first priority is to get the customer cooling as soon as possible.
I'm deeply sorry for the frustration Mrs. ****** felt over this situation with her father. However, I feel that the length of time could not have been changed other than to say if we ran the call on Friday as we offered, her father could have received the motor on Saturday rather than get diagnosed of the problem. However, I feel that refunding her father the $90 diagnosis fee he paid on Saturday is completely necessary due to our customer service on the phone.
I hope this resolution is satisfactory to Mrs. ****** and I hope we can regain her and her fathers trust in our company.

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Lighting Systems & Equipment, Air Purifying & Cleaning Systems & Equipment, Lighting Fixtures - Repair & Maintenance, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Appliances - Major - Rent & Lease, Water Heaters - Dealers, Lighting Fixtures - Supplies & Parts, Lighting Fixtures - Retail, Filtering Materials & Supplies, Duct & Duct Fittings, Heating & Air Conditioning, Water Heaters - Repairing, Plumbers