BBB Accredited Business since 08/31/2005

Art Plumbing & Air Conditioning, LLC.

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

06/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Incomplete repair. Additional damage to unit. Poor customer service. Failure to abide to contact and warranty.
Service to AC left it in much worse condition than before. AC was a perfectly functional unit prior to technicians 'service'. Have already had them return once to address flooding and water damage related to poor workmanship from their own technicians.

I have had nothing but problems from this AC ever since ART Plumbing and AC serviced my unit. Noisy, leaks, poor cooling and tonight no cooling at all.

Called for further service when AC stopped cooling just two weeks later. They wanted to charge me am 'emergency service fee' of $129 plus the cost of 'repairs' to come and undo the poor workmanship that their own technicians caused. Remember, this was a PERFECTLY functional AC prior to their 'service'.

I want them to

A) come to my house and undo the damage they caused.

B) honor,the 'contract' the technician stated - that they would come out to repair day or night without question, whatever goes wrong for free

C) return my AC to a minimum the level it was functioning prior to their 'workmanship', a conditional and functionality which was PERFECT.

Our Service Manger and technician returned on Friday 5/23/2014 and completed all work and corrected any issues to homeowners satisfaction. Homeowner said she was completely satisfied.

04/28/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was told drain pain on A/C unit had about 30 to 40 gallons of water that needed to be drained out otherwise a flood could happen. Technician took out
Was told by technician that drain pain on A/C unit had about 30 to 40 gallons of water that needed to be drained out otherwise a flood could happen. Technician took out a small bucket of water( probably less than one gallon). Was charged excessive amount of money for this and again service quoted was not performed as there wasn't thirty gallons of water like he told. Called the company several times and was verball abused and harrassed - called a liar by ********* and told by ******** that a manager named *********** was in a meeting and then out to lunch- he never called me. Emailed owner twice who did nothing.

Refund for services not performed.

DR. ***** placed a request for service at his office in a commercial plaza. Our service technician arrived found the AC system leaking in the ceiling. Our technician proceeded to diagnose the situation, Our technician gave DR. ***** 6 solutions to the problem from system replacement, a system refurbish, several repair options, and down to a minimum repair of $113.00. Dr. ***** decided on the $286 repair solution the second to last solution that did not include any AC system check up or tune up or detailed system performance, just the immediate repair.

The price and the work were pre-approved. The work was performed and the work area cleaned. After the work was performed, the service technician replaced the ceiling tiles, cleaned the work area returned his tools, equipment, ladder, etc.. to the truck, finalized his paper work with Dr. ***** and reported back to the office, Dr. ***** called and emailed our office numerous times very irate that the work was done too fast and felt that we did not do enough work for cost. According to our GPS records our service tech was on-site over two hours. We have asked Dr. ***** several times via email and by phone what it was he wanted he wanted us to do to make him happy, he has not responded. However he filed this complaint. Again what is it that ****** ***** ***** would like us to do to make him happy?

price they quoted for 286 was to include taking about 30 to 40 gallons of water per technician due to leak he said. He ended up taking one small bucket of water- probably about one gallon. the price quoted for 180 to drain the line would have been more than sufficient. to charge an extra $100 and scare the customet that there was 30 gallons of water that needed to be taken out was a scare tactic. Technician worked for about 20-30 minutes and sat in the waiting room for an additional 30 minutes coming up with prices- not even close to two hours as company claims. Asked to speak to supervisor several times but he was in meeting and on lunch break and never once called me back. was harrassed on phone by two of their enployees ******** and ******** who had the nerve to call me a liar. not only charged for services not performed but extremely unprofessional in handling complaint

We have asked Doctor ***** several times by phone, 2 times by email, and now a second time by BBB, what is it that Doctor ***** would like us to do to make him happy. We understand that we cannot make each of our 300 plus a week service customers happy.

We do realize that we have to please each and client we serve the best we can within our ability to do so.

We apologize our service technician did not meet the expectations of Doctor *****, and we wish to please Doctor *****.

Doctor *****'s happiness with our company is what we are striving for. We want Doctor ***** to be a Happy Art Client for years to come. Doctor ***** is a valuable and important client and Doctor *****'s satisfaction is what we seek.

Doctor ***** please let us know what it is you would like to do to make you a happy satisfied client.

03/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Art Plumbing and Air conditioning is sending unsolicited advertisements to this address without authorization.
This address is listed on do not mail lists. **** ******** is not a resident of this address.

Please remove my address from your mailing list, effective immediately and permanently. I do not wish to receive advertisements from this Company.

**** ******** is not a resident of this address.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

We apologize that you received a mailing from us, we use a mailing company that is supposed to process our mailing list through the National Address Verification Service. We will take of this right away.

10/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I asked for a shower valve to be repaired. They quoted $350, then took almost two weeks to repair after many calls from me, then they charged me $1032. I called several times and spoke to many people to try and to this resoved. I finally got in touch with a supervisor "******" on 8/15, he said he would call me back and didn't. I called him back on 8/23, was on hold for 36 mins, spoke to ****** again. He said that he was in the hospital and could not call me back. He said that he would investigate my issue and call me back over the weekend. He told he that he was with the owners going to Tampa and would discuss the issue with them.

To date it has been over three weeks and ****** still hasn't called. Obviosly, he has no intentions on calling, so I will start calling them agian until I get a resolution.

I was quoted one thing and charged another. I have said from the beginning that I want to pay, but i don't want to be ripped off!

we have contacted the customer to fix this issue to Mr. *****'s satisfaction.

I did in fact receive a call from someone named ****** claiming to be a manager. He heard me out about the three wasted days I had to miss from work, the numerous calls to ***'s plumbing sitting on hold, not getting a response for weeks, and he offered me a refund. The refund he offered was about $150, which was a 15% discount. I agreed to the measly refund that he offered just to get this over with and move forward.

How then ****** told me that I had to retrace my BBB Complaint first in order to receive the refund. I felt as the injured party that this showed not only bad taste, but a complete insensitivity to the customer. He was now wanting me to jump through another hoop in order to get a refund.

As I told ****** it was *** Plumbing people that lied to me time and time again, so why would they just refund the money and once that was done I would retract my BBB Complaint and we could all move forward.

He said , "that's not how did it here at ***'s Plumbing". He then said that if I signed an "Hold Harmless Agreement", basically saying that I would not keep coming after them and that I would tell people about what happened, then they would refund my money.

I don't know about *** Plumbing & Air conditioning, but I can not think of any other company that I have ever done business with that would take a customer who received terrible customer service from employees and management and further insult them in order to receive a refund.

I would like to resolved this issue, but it seems like ***'s Plumbing management wants to continue to abuse their customers and drag this thing out.

We apologize if Mr. ***** feels he has been abused by our company that is definitely not our intention. Unfortunately, during the course of performing 250 plus customer service visits each week mistakes can and do happen. We apologize for not meeting the needs of Mr. ***** during our service visit, in no way was it our intention to make this a difficult situation. We have spoken with Mr. ***** via phone and email to reach a fair solution. As far as asking for a release upon issuing a refund, we are following good corporate and professional protocol to protect both the company and the consumer; we apologize if Mr. ***** feels as though we are making him jump through hoops that is not our intention. It is our goal to satisfy Mr. *****.

Concerning the refund of $150 and release to which Mr. ***** had agreed, we wanted to deliver the check to his home and have the release approved, Mr. ***** insisted on having it emailed to him which we have complied with. We asked Mr. ***** to execute the release and fax or email it to us, then we would issue a credit to his credit card. Mr. ***** said he did not have access to a Fax or Scanner to return the release. We asked him to mail it. As of today 9/27/13 we have not received a response from Mr. ***** via Fax, Email or Mail of the executed release form. We will be more than happy to hand deliver a check to Mr. ***** along with the release form to be executed. As soon as Mr. ***** gives the guidance we need to satisfy this issue we can issue a refund to his Credit Card or deliver a check to his home. We are willing to do whatever it takes to rectify this situation. Thank You, Justin S.

07/02/2013Problems with Product / Service

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Water Treatment Equipment,Service & Supplies, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbers, Contractors - General, Duct & Duct Fittings, Heating & Air Conditioning