Air On Demand, Inc.

05/02/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company refuses to honor a service contract to repair our air conditioner. Company also refuses to reimburse us $778 we just paid to renew contract.
We have two service contracts with Air on Demand to maintain our air conditioners at our home and a rental property. We just renewed our home contract for $778. Routine maintainance was just done on the rental unit AC a few days ago. The unit is a Trane that this company installed, it is just 4 years old. Today, 4/14/16, the AC stopped working. This is the second or third time the AC has stopped working right after their tech did maintainance. I complained to someone named ******* who said she was the owner. She became irate at my complaint. I told her we would decide whether or not to renew the contract at the rental unit since we were unhappy with the service. She then told her technician to leave the unit without doing the repair, even thought the company is obliged by contract to do it. We then told her to refund us the $778 for the contract on our home that we had just renewed. She refused to either refund the money or do the work.

We want Air on Demand to refund us the $778 for the contract we had just renewed on our home since they are refusing to honor the other contract. We want an additional refund of the fee we had paid for the months left on the contract on the AC maintainance at our rental unit.

On April 14th during a visit to this home owner's rental property our service technician made a recommendation for repair work. The homeowner's husband gave verbal approval to our technician to make the repairs.

Shortly after she called our offices to discuss the work and during the conversation she made the accusation that our technician was incorrect in his diagnosis and that he caused the problem.

we suggested if she had doubts in our technician and/or company that maybe she should get a second opinion. We pride ourselves in doing the right thing for our clients and not selling a repair that is not necessary. Which is why we made the suggestion of a second opinion for her own peace of mind.

At that point she became belligerent with me on the phone demanding that we make the repairs based on our "contract". I tried to explain that our "contract" is a maintenance program which covers routine maintenance on the a/c equipment twice per calendar year and we had already met that obligation through maintenance visits completed on 6/29/2015 and 4/6/2016. By being a member of the maintenance program she is also entitled to discounts on repairs, which we were honoring with this recommended repair.

She continued to be belligerent making threats to post bad reviews and call her lawyers because we were not honoring her contract. Not seeming to fully understand that she has does not have a "contract" that covers repairs.

At that point I offered to refund her the costs of the maintenance plans she had recently renewed at her personal home. Which has already been done, a copy of the letter and check are attached for your records.

We have been providing exceptional customer service to this homeowner for many years and see this event as an unfortunate case of misunderstanding.

08/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Dishonest service man. Unapologetic owner.
My AC stopped blowing cold air. I called first company that could come out right a way. Service tech arrived in about an hour or so but it was raining. I suggested he come back but he said he would wait in his truck. After 15 to 20 minutes he knocked on the door. Took a picture of the inside unit then when out side but it was still lightly raining. I got us some umbrella's. He said he would put some coolant in but when he tried he said, "It's leaking right out and he would have to come back tomorrow morning." The next day he put in the coolant and die so that he could find the leak. I asked him why he could put in the coolant today but not yesterday and he said, " I was dealing with the elements and could not do the work then." I said. "What about the leak? you said it was leaking right out and now it's not. He then just repeated his statement about the elements. I had to pay $400.00 for his time the coolant and die. I had to call ****** at the office to schedule an appointment for the following week. When he returned he told me all that he had found and that it would be $1,600.00 to fix. I told him that I was going to have to have someone else look at it as I had just purchased the whole new system in 2009. I called Harper's Inc. and they found nothing wrong with the system except that it had been over charged. ********* tech said, " their man was either dishonest or didn't know what he was doing." The owner only wanted to read me notes that his guy wrote. Didn't seem to care that his man was trying to take money when nothing was wrong. Harper explained that the system was tripped by a power surge. I just don't want to see other's ripped off by this dishonest company.

I'd like my $400.00 back and maybe more if the overcharge damages my system.

With regards to the complaint, when we first went to the customer's home we were unable to complete work due to the weather for safety reasons we can not have a technician working outside on a/c equipment when it is raining and lightning. We returned the following day when the weather was better.

Our technician did his diagnosis and found the a/c equipment low on refrigerant and following industry standards performed the necessary dye test to determine where the leak was.

During the follow up appointment our technician found where the refrigerant was leaking out and made recommendations for the repair and Mr. ********* was quoted $498.00 for the work to be completed. He said he would let us know if he wanted to do complete the recommended repairs.

A few days later he called our office stating that he had another company to his home and that they made a different diagnosis. We asked if we could review their diagnosis however he did not want to provide their reports to us for review.

We stand behind our technician and his findings and don't feel he missed diagnosed the problem.

We do strive for 100% customer satisfaction and based on that have already issued a courtesy refund to Mr. ********* for the original $400 he was charged.

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems