Southeast Florida & the Caribbean

CityTwist

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/02/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Advertisement misrepresented a service

Complaint: Asked this company to show how they are adverting, so we could see how it works, they won't. They say they sent out 6856 emails to people, no proof
We were told that 3000 emails per month would be sent to our zip code area. But 3729 was sent the first month, 2136 emails went out the 2nd month and 1000 emails the third month and the last month will be 1135, this is not how the emails were suppose to be sent out. This has been since Aug.26th not 1 person has came in from this.
We just wanted to see how the emails looked like. They can't let us see it? I have called and emailed this company talked to **** ******** Senior Account Executive. He tells me he will call me back and follow up every time I call him, he says he was just getting ready to call me?? I did trust the person who showed this adverting to us. I was so excited, I gave referrals. I feel bad for suggesting this to that company(Family Thrift Store, in our same plaza). He didn't receive a person in his store either. This can't be a very reliable company, when they lie and deceive us. Not sure how to handle this? I have asked for a full refund from, *** *****
Senior Account Executive
ProspectPro a division of CityTwist. Maybe they will say, we are a small business and no one wants to use the coupon, how would I know since I am blind to where they are sending this? It was a coupon for 50% off our yogurt. Not 6000 ladies in our zip code are going to pass this up, no catch from us, but it could be on there side, that they aren't letting me know. Like fill out the survey and get 50% off your yogurt? If this is the case, this was never explained to us from the person that sold it to us or the company that I have been in contact with. This company is very much miss informs you of their goal?
Should be a catch not explained to us. I guess I am really upset how everything was presented to us and then I promote them, not know how they really work. I won't do that again and I won't just trust people I thought was trustworthy. Sad place we live that company need to miss represent themselves to make money on small business, event in another state.

11/22/2013Advertising / Sales Issues