BBB Accredited Business since 11/11/2010

Bur-Mar Shoes

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

03/07/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I had a credit on file with the vendor and placed an order over a month ago for size * slippers. They sent size *, and still have not replaced.
I placed an order over a month ago. A week passed and I got nothing. I contacted them and they said they took down my address incorrectly. I gave them my address again and waited. Only to receive the wrong size! I ordered a ***** and received a ******. I contacted them and they said they'd send a replacement. I asked for tracking info numerous times and they've either ignored or at one point promised that I'd have it at my door last week. now they say their shipments are delayed because of the holidays. But meanwhile the size * is definitely showing in stock on their website. The last few days I've been ignored again. This is infuriating by now, I cannot spend every day contacting them to get no result. I want the product I ordered with the credit I had on file and I dont want to keep contacting them every day to be lied to.

I'd like the size ***** slipper that I ordered. Otherwise I want a refund check sent immediately. This vendor cannot be trusted and I cannot continue to do business with them - I dont have the time for constant follow up like this. I will agree to take the size * slippers or I want my money back.

The last time I attempted to claim my credit by ordering several pairs of socks, I never received. and when I followed up multiple times they told me the items I had wanted were no longer in stock. Just to give you an idea of the service and trust this company offers...

Hi *****, I sent all this back but something might of got missed during the holidays. We sent off to Ms. ****** as ordered slippers and socks. ****** requested a new size. We had to wait for delivery of this size as during the holidays sizes run out of stock here at the wholesaler. We did not ask for return of wrong size until she received the new pair to make sure which fit correctly. Pair was sent off to customer and we received the incorrect size back.
We apologized for her not receiving the second pair many times and I was out of the store for a couple of days and this upset her that I did not respond. We feel terrible when someone is upset with us. But I needed a couple of days off as I had worked over 30 days in a row and needed to regroup after the holidays.

We appreciate every customer and appreciate all feedback.

Ms. ****** had credit with our store as she send product back after the return date and we happily issued in store credit for her with her original receipt. Original receipt was ********** and return issued *********.

***********
Bur-Mars

I did not "request a new size" - this response is a blatant lie. The company should take responsibility for their actions and own up to sending the WRONG size which obviously required a correction on their part.

Excusing instead of acknowledging ignoring a client for several days is poor business practice and a sure way to further upset clients.

Their 1 star rating on both **** and ****** are a testament to this.

I need no further action on this as soon after I submitted my complaint here I 'magically' got their response. However it was important to document the truth in response to the falsehood written by BurMars denying any issue on their side in filling my order.

I wish them well.

03/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Order #*****, placed on *******, was neither fulfilled nor refunded, though I was charged immediately. Told refund would be here two weeks ago
Order #*****, placed on *******, was neither fulfilled nor refunded, though I was charged immediately. on ******, I was promised my order would be shipped, which never took place. I was ignored by the company when I questioned them. I contacted Bur Mars on *******, three years later, and was told a refund check would go out over the weekend. I heard and saw nothing, so I emailed them again and was told a check was written and sent out ****** to my address. I have yet to receive this, and now am being ignored again by the company in regards to the status of my refund. I want my money back from these ******. The following is my email exchange with them:
No response??

On ************, at 4:56 PM, ******** <***********************> wrote:

Hi, I hate to be a pest, but I still have not received the check, and it's been two weeks. I find it odd that it would take that long to get to me in the mail. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sent from my ******

On ***********, at 9:07 AM, Online Sales @ Bur-Mar's <*********************> wrote:

Good Morning *****, this indeed did go out for you. Wrote this over the
weekend and went in the mail Monday night.
Please give it a week as things have to go to sorting centers first in ************** and then move thru the chain from there.

Bur-mars Sales Team

Sent: Friday, ***************** 9:54 PM
Subject: Re: Order #*****

Hello. Wondering if the check indeed went out last weekend; I haven't seen
it come in the mail yet.

Thanks,

On ************, at 10:02 AM, Online Sales @ Bur-Mar's

From: Online Sales @ Bur-Mar's mailto:*********************
Sent: Friday, **************** 10:58 AM
To: '********'
Subject: RE: Order #*****

*****, Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. I am sure
this fell thru the system with changes in personel.
Again, our apologizes.

This check will go out over the weekend to address below.

Bur-Mars Sales Team

Sent: Friday, **************** 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: Order #*****

Yes, a refund check is acceptable. Please address it to:

***************
******************

On ************, at 9:50 AM, Online Sales @ Bur-Mar's
<*********************> wrote:

*****, I am just reading this and not sure what happened. After
this long we can not refund back to a credit card as this information
is purged after this long.

Would it be okay to send a refund by check to you?
What address would be a correct address?

Our staff has changed in this time period-so all I can do is
apologize for this error.

Bur-mars Sales Team

Sent: Friday, **************** 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: Order #*****

So, how about my refund? Does over two years later work for you, or
do you guys do this to all your customers? Never did receive the
shoes or my money back.

On ************, at 6:37 AM, ********** <***********************> wrote:

Hello-

I still have not received my order. If this hasn't even shipped
yet, I
would like to see what I can do about getting a refund. I ordered
this weeks ago and have received no status updates at all except the
one from
****** and I had to ask to get that. Please let me know what's going on.

Sent from my ******

On May 9, 2012, at 10:03 AM, "Online Sales @ Bur-Mar's"

Hi *****, Watch for this to arrive for you next week. We
apologize we were out of the size but have this shipping this week for
you.

Yours Shoely,

The Online Sales Team
www.burmarshoes.com

I want the total amount of my purchase refunded immediately via certified check, or I will contact legal counsel

We have sent a check to the customer via usps. Please see return information. We apologize that a refund was not issued before this and feel terrible that we missed issuing the return more promptly.

Label Number:

Priority Mail(r) 3-Day
Flat Rate Envelope
USPS TrackingTM

05/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Returned ***** for a pair of ****** in late *** or early *** and have never received my ******* or a refund.
I bought the ***** at store and paid cash either end of *** or early ***. I decided they were to wide and was told I could send them back and exchange for some *******. I sent the receipt with them. I emailed her as to why I had not received them and on ****** she responded and said I would have them next week. I again emailed her and she responded on ****** and said they were delayed because if weather but I would have them shortly. I again emailed her and she responded on ******* and said they are due in next week and not before and on ******* I received another email saying next week. I stopped in the store mid ***** and she said next week. I do have the emails from her if you want me to email them to you.

I didn't mention they were a ***************** which I paid $******. All I ask is a refund.

05/27/2014Delivery Issues

Shoes - Retail, Handbags, Childrens & Infants Wear - Retail, Womens Apparel - Retail