This business is not BBB accredited.
Advantix Pest Control
Phone: (208) 884-3209 Fax: (208) 884-4040 6437 N. Tree Haven Way, Meridian, ID 83642
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company provides pest control services.
View Business Review Inquiries
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Advantix Pest Control include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
- Response to 2 complaint(s) filed against business
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business
Industry Ratings Comparison
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||2|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Agriculture, Dept. of
2270 Old Penitentiary Rd, Boise ID 83712
Phone Number: (208) 332-8500
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Scott Lee, Owner
PEST CONTROL SERVICES
Service AreaBoise Idaho and the surrounding areas.
THIS LOCATION IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
6437 N. Tree Haven Way
Meridian, ID 83642 (208) 884-3209 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known government actions that are relevant to the business's marketplace dealings with the public.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB Business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview
BBB Customer Reviews Rating represents the customers opinions of the business. The Customer Review Rating is based on the number of positive, neutral and negative customer reviews posted that are calculated to produce a score.
|Customer Review Experience||Value|
|Positive Review||5 points per review|
|Neutral Review||3 points per review|
|Negative Review||1 point per review|
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.
BBB Letter Grade Scale
Star Rating scale
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating is not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' BBB Rating and Customer Review Rating in addition to all other available information about the business. If the BBB Rating is NR then only Customer Reviews are used for the Star Rating.
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: I don't even know where to start! I wrote a negative a review stating my honest experience, and the company responded back by saying they spoke with me and that I agreed that my complaint was fabricated and exaggerated. They did speak with me, but I never agreed that my complaint was fabricated or exaggerated. They also claim my service was scheduled between 9-10 a.m., which is also false. It was scheduled at a first time in the 8:00 hour of the morning and I made plans around that. I was the first service of the day and was given a FIRM TIME by the technician himself. He didn't show up because he had equipment problems (which is fine, that happens), but I never received a call informing me that he would be late nor did I receive a call to re-schedule. BAD SERVICE. Then, a few weeks ago a lady from the company (*** ******) called me to set up my quarterly service on a day that wouldn't work for us. She was very nice and said that it was fine we could be scheduled for Monday, the 28th of October instead. I put it on my calendar. Today ****** called to let me know the time frame for my service on the 26th of October, which doesn't work for us as we will not be home. I told her I was scheduled for the 28th, and she told me that I was not as we hadn't spoken in quite some time. True, ****** had not called me in quite some time, but someone else from the company did. I am tired of this company telling me that what I say isn't true and scheduling according to their whim instead of being there and scheduling when they tell the customer that they will. At this point, I would like out of the contract so that I can sign up with company that keeps their word and knows what customer service means. Never in my life have I had to go through the BBB before. This is ridiculous!
Desired Settlement: I do not want a refund of services already rendered. I want out of the contract owing nothing beyond what I have already paid so that I do not have deal with a company that treats me terribly and so that they do not have to put up with a customer that they obviously hate.
In response to the complaint from *** ****** received in our office yesterday November 6, 2013.
Firstly let me say that it is getting very time consuming having to address these issues with Customers who seem like they just like to complain when they don’t get their own way. It takes time out of my day from addressing real issues with our thousands of customers that I pride myself on giving the best customer service available. I‘ve been in this business for over forty years treating each customer as a complete individual and making them feel like they are the only customer we have, in this business, my own businesses over the years and in other companies I have run. It seems however very sad to me, that people are now getting where they will say and do anything to get what they want; it’s a different era than I was raised in.
*** ******’s first call to us was with a Gopher problem, huge in her mind and she kept mentioning over and over this $2500.00 investment in her lawn they made and how they couldn’t have it mined. I explained to her that we don’t do gophers on a one time bases with a guarantee, however we had a complete program on a year Service Agreement that would be much more affordable in the long run and she was covered for gophers on that plan. She was excited and said sign me up. I explain to all customers how our company works and that we are typically in certain areas during the week, except for reservices (which are covered under the S/A and flee to the customer) we try to get those in within 48 hours if not sooner, however weather which we have no control over can play a part in that as well.
We got rid of *** ******** Gopher problem quite quickly and going through our notes which we keep copious ones here in the office it appears that things have gone downhill since then. I’d also like to mention that we have done more reservices for *** ****** than actual QS so we have kept up our end of the Service Agreement with no problem.
My gut feeling is, that *** ****** was so concerned over her Gopher problem and once gone she’s decided she really doesn’t want the rest of the Service Agreement and is trying to find away to get out of it. It‘s a signed, binding agreement for one year. She has two Quarterly Services left on her agreement and then she has a few options: She can continue with us, or send us a thirty day notice in writing (per the Service Agreement) that she wants to discontinue service. She can cancel her service now and pay the fee to get out of her Service Agreement which is the difference between an initial one time Service of $205.00 and her discounted initial service of zero.
We were just there for her regularly scheduled visit on Oct 31, 2013.
*** ****** doesn’t seem to understand how to run a business or at certainly one that does scheduling as UPS, FedEx, the Post Office or a Pest Control company where routing is involved.
She always has had the option to tell us even when I call out a route that the time won’t work for her and she can reschedule, as we’ve had to do with her due to weather. We are regulated by the State of Idaho Ag Department as I mentioned I believe in my response to her negative review of our'company and we have laws we have to follow. When we cancel a route due to weather we do call our customers and let them know we won’t be there and that they will be put back into the schedule as soon as possible. We call the route out the day before which a lot of companies DO NOT do, they just show up whenever.
I feel our customer Service is superb, but every once in awhile you get a customer that is difficult to deal with. I’m seeing it more and more, them wanting more and more and saying and doing whatever to get their way and unfortunately we have a business to run. As Much as I try to make the customers feel like they are the only one, the truth is I’m dealing with 1000’s of them, yet we have very few complaints.
Oh and quickly let me address *** ******’s concern over the temp that was in the office when I was off for four days mid October. We are not in *** ******’s area on Monday’s so that would of never taken place and I can tell you when I returned that she was not on the Monday’s schedule. I’m not going to get into she said, she said, but she did admit to me after the review was posted that yes, she did exaggerate on some of her thoughts and as I said in my response I did try to give her the number to the Ag Dept which she refused to check on our weather constraints that we have to follow.
Also when I called out this last appt the day before for *** ****** for the 315t she answered the phone, “* **** ******? She replied yes, I said it’s ****** from Advantix how are you?” Her immediate response was “this is not a good time” How do you get information to a customer about their appt with that type of response?
Lastly I believe that her comment about wanting to go with a company that “Doesn’t Hate” her kind of says it all. Hate? I don’t hate anyone in my private life let alone in this company. I pride myself on my relationships with my customers and we have plenty that have been with us for over ten years and we treat no one any different than the next, except maybe in their needs at the time.
Hopefully this clears up this matter and we can get through *** ******’s next two Quarterly Services without a bitch and she can then make whatever decision she chooses.
We are sorry she’s unhappy, but as I said I believe there is more to it than what is being said. Gophers are gone and she would like to be also. The Service Agreement is a legally binding document.
****** **** ******* ******** **** *******
Better Business Bureau:
I have reviewed the response made by the business in reference to complaint ID ******** and have determined that this does not resolve my complaint. For your reference, details of the offer I reviewed appear below.
In response the Advantix pest control response to my complaint:
1. I will re-state this: I never admitted to exaggerating any part of my initial negative review of Advantix and never will admit to that. I wrote my experience and was quite truthful. The claim that I admitted to exaggerating is pure fabrication on the company’s part.
2. The gopher problem was indeed a big problem and not just in my mind as suggested. The investment in our new lawn was $2800 and the gopher was tearing it apart. Since Advantix keeps such good records, they should be able to look and see that a technician came and placed the gopher trap on (I believe), and did not come back to check the trap until , even though they told me they would come back in 1 week. According to the face of the company, they had to cancel due to weather. If that is true, that is o.k. What is not o.k. is that they never bothered to call me to reschedule and they did not come back the following week either. I had to call them to get a tech to come back re-place the trap. All told, from the time the trap was placed until the gopher was trapped, took nearly a month because the company seemingly forgot to put me on the schedule after placing the initial trap. That seems to be the only explanation, because according to the company, they always call to re-schedule when they cancel due to weather. We must not have ever been put on the schedule since we never received a phone call. I do not feel like a month is taking care of a gopher problem quickly. Once they remembered to get us on the schedule again, it didn’t take long to trap the gopher, that is true, however, the whole process took from the 3rd week in June to the beginning of the 3rdweek in July.
3. Since this seems to be a huge hang up for the company: Once again, I have NO problem with them needing to re-schedule because of weather. I understand that that they are a regulated company and I respect that. What I have a problem with is the company not actually calling me to re-schedule and simply not showing up.
4. When Advantix called me and I responded with “now is not a good time”, let me give the whole story. I am a mother of 3 young children. When I answered the phone, all was peaceful in the house, however, right after I answered the phone my youngest (1.5 year old) got hurt and started crying. ****** said “this is ****** from Advantix” just as this happened. I can assure you that had my Mom been on the other end of the phone I would have said that it wasn’t a good time and called her back once I calmed my baby down. However, ****** wouldn’t take that for an answer and insisted that I stay on the phone for her to finish the call as it “would only take a minute”. How rude for her to not let me take care of my obviously screaming child just so she could finish a call instead of letting me call her back in 5 minutes.
5. I honestly did a do want to have a comprehensive pest control service. I was bit by a spider in the late Spring and would prefer to not have that happen again to any in my house. It was a really nasty bite. I did not desire to have the gopher gone and then be gone as well as Advantix chooses to claim. I do desire to switch to a company that remember to put me on the re-service schedule, that calls when they have to cancel, and that can schedule a service in a couple of days instead of making me wait a whole week. I am allergic to yellow jackets, so getting nests removed in a timely manner is vital. I have spoken to 3 other pest control companies that have assured me that they provide same or next day service during the week and next business day service if you discover a problem on the weekend. So, I do not simply wish to be gone. I wish to switch to a company that takes the safety and concerns of their clients seriously and responds in a timely manner.
|10/4/2013||Problems with Product/Service | Complaint Details Unavailable|