Van's Plumbing Repairs & Construction

04/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We hired Mr. *** ******* to put in Solar air treatments, $2,700 system. It started coming big holes all in the yard and around treatment plant. He does not return calls.
See Attached.

Want back yard fixed holes in back yard, I can not mow the grass because of the holes.
See Attached.

On ***** installed Solar Air Treatment system. At that time He was told there could be some settlement in the ground everywhere he dug. He called left message that we were to get over there and fix it or did they have to pay someone to come fix it. To satisfy ** ******* I ******* ******* went over there to look at it. I informed ** ******* he was told there could be some settlement he then yelled at me and and told me he was going to sue us for it. I told him to go ahead and sue us he got very irate started cusing me and took his walking cane and shoved it in my below my belly button area almost knocked me off my feet and cussing me told me to get off his property. I got off on street and called sheriff and reported it. It is on file at the sheriff's . They are filing charges on him *** *******.

06/05/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Quality of work is unacceptable. Was told work would be done in 1 week. Due to having to redo some work, it took 3 weeks.
This was a remodel of bathroom to make handicapped friendly. The tile work was sloppy to include grouting uneven and not cleaned on tile. Spaces are seen between the tiles. There are broken tiles. The trim around the ceiling was not mitered. Trim also not finished around the ceiling.The tiles around sink re not grouted properly leaving sharp edges. Paint splatters in hallway were not removed. As part of contract, he was to put up tile splash in Kitchen. I supplied the tiles. It was a DYI that had specific instructions to follow. Contractor did not follow instructions. The tile slipped, grouting was not neat and left on the tiles. It looks terrible. The contractor was having trouble with the people he hired to assist him. Electrical work had to be redone at least twice to get it right. He was constantly complaining about them. I do not feel that was my issue. He is responsible that the work agreed upon would be done.

I will need to hire someone to repair the work. Contractor stated the cost was $8880.00. He stated that this was a high end of the estimate. The final cost was $8840.00.
Because it took longer, I was anxious to get the job done. I feel he needs to pay for the work to be redone. The work was completed on 17 April 2015. I did sent him pictures and a list of items not done on 28 April 2015. His wife called me the next day to saw the contractor would be getting a hold of me regarding the very soon. It has been a week with not response.

Plumbers, Basement - Remodeling