BBB Accredited Business since 07/10/2007

Everett Jewelry

10/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My 14K white gold 20" chain lobster clasp locking/connector)was to be replaced. Jeweler kept my chain and returned a lesser valued chain to me.
I paid for the repair of clasp with my Master Card and simultaneously noticed that the chain was not the chain that I had dropped off for repair. Also, I had to ask jeweler of silver tag that was on my chain. After repeatly informing jeweler of the issue. He did nothing to correct the problem. He denied that my chain had been switched by him.

I'd like my chain returned to me first and foremost.

Business Response /* ****** 5, *********** */
Ms. ******, dropped off two items for repair on September 7th. A 14kt white gold 20" woven rope type chain and a 10kt bent ring with the center stone missing. We measure each item and take pictures of each item with a camera attached to our POS system. Each item is placed in a bag with the item description and a picture of the item.

We finished repairing her chain before her ring was ready (we were waiting for the center stone to come in). Ms. ****** came in on September 13th to pick up her chain. She signed for the repair pickup, but wanted to be able to place a pendant on the chain. I had to cut off the tab (small piece of metal showing 14kt) so her pendant would be able to be taken off by her. I gave the tab back to her. She left the store.

Ms. ****** came back to the store later that day and wanted her ring back. She then claimed that we had switch her chain and shaved gold off her ring. We showed her pictures (on her receipt) that her chain, which was very unique, was the same chain that she had left with us. It was the same length and the same size as the one in the picture. She claimed her's was twice as big, but if it was twice as big, the pendant she always wore on it would not have fit on it.
I ask her what would make her happy, but she said she wanted her chain back. I tried to explain to her that the chain in her hand was her chain. I could not reason with her.
She also claimed that we shaved gold off her ring and that it weighed 2/3 less than before. Again, we showed her pictures of her ring that she dropped off and compared them to the one in front of her. Still she would not believe us.

We take great care with our customer's jewelry here at Everett Jewelry, we have never lost a piece or ever misplaced a piece of jewelry. We go to great lengths to make our customers happy, but in Ms. ******'s case, we could not. We cannot return her chain to her because the chain she has is the one she left us to repair.

We can send in pictures and documents of all transactions if you need them.

11/05/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Changes their policies daily!
Bought a customized necklace from Everett Jewelry. We were not informed that customized jewelry couldn't be returned or refunded. When we received finished product, we were not happy with the results. We were told that we could get a store credit for our total purchase with NO additional fees. We returned to store to make an exchange, we were then told there would be a **** restocking fee. We informed sales rep that we would return to store the next day, due to lack of time on our part. Returned to store to be informed restocking fee increased to ***** since we decided on a different piece of jewelry to purchase. Spoke to manager about policy and fees changing daily. He explained that I should worry about nursing (he read my shirt) and let him worry about jewelry. Very rude service. No refund and many EXTRA fees to exchange.

Total refund.

Business Response /* (1000, 5, *********** */
On **** her husband came into our store looking for a very specific item. We did not have it but told him we could make it for him. We showed him that we could take a set of finished colored stone earrings and soldier them on to the pendant that he liked. He approved the custom order. On **** he came into the store, inspected the finished jewelry, paid and signed for it. A few days later his wife came into the store and wanted to return the item. We told her that all customized items were non returnable. This policy is listed on back of all receipts, which customer signed. I would have been glad to take back the item for a full refund if the alterations that he wanted had not permanently altered both the earrings and the pendant. She asked if they bought something else could they return the item. I wanted to make them happy so we approved a return of the item with stipulation we would hold them accountable for **** of the special order. This would give her **** credit (of the **** special order cost) towards purchase of two bands. The **** would help us adjust for the total loss of the earrings, the repair costs, and the deep discount we would incur selling the damaged pendant. She came back the next day and now said she only wanted one band. Then changed her mind and wanted to return the item and receive **** of the ***** only paying **** in lost time and materials for a specialized item made for her that is not likely to appeal to other customers. She thought we could easily remove the soldiered earrings from the side of the pendant and sell both for new. Maybe I could have done a better job explaining it to her, but I was trying to point out customizing / repairing jewelry is a little more complicated than what she thought. If she wants us to remove the colored earrings from the pendant we will do this free of charge for her; however the earrings and pendant separated would cause the need for further repair/material to have them in original condition.

Final Consumer Response /* (3000, 7, *********** */
The story changes every time an Everett employee tells it. My husband was not looking for a specific piece. The sales associate at Everett convinced him to customize a piece of jewelry. The piece of jewelry was altered after my husband agreed on the final product. The sales associate said "I hope it's okay that we changed it, it looks better this way." He also had to pay for the item before he saw the final product on ***** not ***** as stated by Everett.
Then again, the story/policy changed when we were going to exchanged the item for something else in the store. One day the restocking fee was ***** the next day the fee was ***** The sales associate would give me and my husband one statement on the phone, when we would arrive at the store (after sales associate spoke with the store manager) the sales associate had a different statement with different prices. Even when I was going to exchange my customized piece for a different piece, the sales associate gave me a different price than the store manager in the end. After I spoke with the manager and told him I was frustrated with this transaction, he was still trying to make a sale. I understand that the piece of jewelry is customized and would not be the same if the earrings were removed. I do NOT understand the why the policy changes every time I speak with someone from this store. This is the reason I want the full refund. I have never dealt with a company that is so frustrating because of distorted statements.

Jewelry Buyers, Jewelry Designers, Jewelers-Retail