In Central Louisiana and the Ark-La-Tex

BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/1996

LaRue's Furniture and Mattress Warehouse, Inc.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

01/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Defective, damaged, or incorrect product received

Complaint: On ******* we purchased a bed, (headboard, footboard, rails, mattress an box spring), from ***** Furniture. The merchandise was paid for in full at the time, including delivery fee. On ******* merchandise was delivered, but with no bed slats, **** promised to bring slats to us on 4 different occasions, but never did so. In addition, the bed -frame will not assemble properly, due to faulty repairs performed by ***** prior to delivery, **** also promised to correct that problem, but has not.

04/29/2013Problems with Product / Service
11/26/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Everyone we encountered at this location repeatedly lied to us, was rude, and they epitomized the absolute worst way to treat a customer.
After sleeping on my husband's grandmother's mattress for the last ** years, on ******** **** 24th ***** we purchased a mattress from *****'s Furniture, located on Shreveport-Barksdale Highway in Shreveport, LA, for ******** with a promise that we would have it by that next Friday, **** ***** since they did not have the full sized one in stock.
Stupidly, we paid for it on good faith, with our debit card. The charge was debited from the account the very next day.
That next Monday, July 1st, since we had not heard from them, I called. The receptionist told me it was not in yet, offering nothing in the way of explanation. Ditto for Tuesday, the 2nd and Wednesday, the ****
A week later, on **** ***** after giving them a few days grace period after the holiday, we saw a "going-out-of-business" ad for them during the local news. Naturally, I called. ****, the manager, informed me that the mattress failed to make it onto the truck and would be in any day. He also stated the he "thought the receptionist had told" me that. He sounded very insincere and unconcerned. After I made it very clear that we were growing impatient, he offered to deliver it for free.
After worrying all night about losing our money, my husband decided we would go that evening ***** ***** to get our money back. We decided that the mattress was probably not forthcoming, because what business would be getting any shipment, if it was closing its doors? We told them this and we were told flat out, "No refund." No apologies, no excuses, no explanation. We threatened whatever recourse we had. Then they told us the shipment "was en route." When we asked from where it was coming, we were told Texas, but they did not know where in the state it was being shipped from. What business doesn't have records of who ships the product they sell? Even from the border of West Texas, since it was already enroute, would only take a day, right? So I asked them, "Then it will be here tomorrow, Friday, right?" A woman who had apparently been listening from a nearby office walked out and said, "Probably by *********** At this point, we had no choice except to agree and we told them that if we didn't have it be then, on Monday we would take the necessary steps to get our money back.
Needless to say, no mattress was delivered by ******* **** ***** We took a long lunch to go to the credit union to file a dispute against them to get our account credited with a refund for non-delivery of a purchased product.
Shortly after leaving the credit union, **** called to say the mattress had come in and would be delivered on ******** the *****
Tuesday: no mattress.
********** the ***** he called me to say the delivery guy tried until **** to find our house & could not get us by phone, though he tried again and again. He asked for directions so they could deliver it that night. I said we were in our truck and that we would just pick it up ourselves. He then informed me that it was at their Pines Road location. I asked if he could have it delivered to the Shreve City store (the one we bought it from) for us to pick it up there. He then told me a blatant lie about not having a delivery man on Wednesdays at either store, when he just offered to deliver it on Wednesday, just 30 seconds before! I said fine, we would pick it up at Pines Road. He called that store and verified that it was there and called me right back to let me know.
We went to the Pines Road store after work and the delivery guy was there, he corroborated the story about Tuesday's non-delivery and even showed me on his cell phone where he called me ONCE, not again and again. He also showed us the deliver notice that showed our address as Keithville (wrong town!) and alternate phone number (my husband's cell #) which was also wrong!
We brought the mattress home, unsheathed it from its plastic and it was WET!

This customer did pick this mattress up. It was raining the day it was picked up. which would explain why it was wet. If the customer would like to send pictures f the mattress. I can see if it can be exchanged. Outside of that there is nothing I can do.

I do not accept that response because they made it sound like we got the mattress wet while taking it home. IT WAS NOT RAINING WHEN WE PICKED THE MATTRESS UP. There had been a light rain that morning, but that was at least 6 or 7 hours prior to pick up. We both work until **** so it was at least *** when we picked it up. That would also not explain how it could have gotten wet while it was still ENCLOSED IN THE SEALED PLASTIC shipping cover. If they had delivered the mattress weeks before when they said it would be delivered, it would not have gotten wet at all, since at that time we were in a drought. We did not contact the store after finding it wet, because it was such a hassle to get it to begin with, that I absolutely refused to deal with them again. I did however contact Corsicana Bedding Inc. about receiving a less than perfect mattress. They would only make an exchange if we submitted numerous photos and 4 pages of warranty information. They also suggested I contact *****'s. I explained why I would not. I do have photos of the mattress, but will not agree to be contacted by those rude, hateful employees at the Shreveport-Barksdale *****'s location. If there were someone that could mediate without me having to deal with them, I would agree to submit the photos and see what can be done. The only caveat is that if there is any measuring or documenting besides the photos, *****'s would take care of all that paperwork. We are currently sleeping on the mattress, since after about a week under a ceiling fan, it did dry out. However, it is still stained. It just seems so wrong to spend $900 for something new that is not in new condition when received. We would also agree to a full refund, so that we could go buy a mattress from a company that appreciates their customers. We spoke with *****'s about that when we had thought the mattress was not going to arrive at all, but they refused. Obviously customer satisfaction means nothing to them, so I seriously doubt they make any effort to correct this situation.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

06/26/2014Billing / Collection Issues