LaRue's Furniture and Mattress Warehouse, Inc.

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On ******* we purchased a bed, (headboard, footboard, rails, mattress an box spring), from ***** Furniture. The merchandise was paid for in full at the time, including delivery fee. On ******* merchandise was delivered, but with no bed slats, **** promised to bring slats to us on 4 different occasions, but never did so. In addition, the bed -frame will not assemble properly, due to faulty repairs performed by ***** prior to delivery, **** also promised to correct that problem, but has not.

Delivery of the bed slats and whatever adaptions/adjustments necessary in order to make the bed useable and safe.

11/26/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Everyone we encountered at this location repeatedly lied to us, was rude, and they epitomized the absolute worst way to treat a customer.
After sleeping on my husband's grandmother's mattress for the last ** years, on ******** **** 24th ***** we purchased a mattress from *****'s Furniture, located on Shreveport-Barksdale Highway in Shreveport, LA, for ******** with a promise that we would have it by that next Friday, **** ***** since they did not have the full sized one in stock.
Stupidly, we paid for it on good faith, with our debit card. The charge was debited from the account the very next day.
That next Monday, July 1st, since we had not heard from them, I called. The receptionist told me it was not in yet, offering nothing in the way of explanation. Ditto for Tuesday, the 2nd and Wednesday, the ****
A week later, on **** ***** after giving them a few days grace period after the holiday, we saw a "going-out-of-business" ad for them during the local news. Naturally, I called. ****, the manager, informed me that the mattress failed to make it onto the truck and would be in any day. He also stated the he "thought the receptionist had told" me that. He sounded very insincere and unconcerned. After I made it very clear that we were growing impatient, he offered to deliver it for free.
After worrying all night about losing our money, my husband decided we would go that evening ***** ***** to get our money back. We decided that the mattress was probably not forthcoming, because what business would be getting any shipment, if it was closing its doors? We told them this and we were told flat out, "No refund." No apologies, no excuses, no explanation. We threatened whatever recourse we had. Then they told us the shipment "was en route." When we asked from where it was coming, we were told Texas, but they did not know where in the state it was being shipped from. What business doesn't have records of who ships the product they sell? Even from the border of West Texas, since it was already enroute, would only take a day, right? So I asked them, "Then it will be here tomorrow, Friday, right?" A woman who had apparently been listening from a nearby office walked out and said, "Probably by *********** At this point, we had no choice except to agree and we told them that if we didn't have it be then, on Monday we would take the necessary steps to get our money back.
Needless to say, no mattress was delivered by ******* **** ***** We took a long lunch to go to the credit union to file a dispute against them to get our account credited with a refund for non-delivery of a purchased product.
Shortly after leaving the credit union, **** called to say the mattress had come in and would be delivered on ******** the *****
Tuesday: no mattress.
********** the ***** he called me to say the delivery guy tried until **** to find our house & could not get us by phone, though he tried again and again. He asked for directions so they could deliver it that night. I said we were in our truck and that we would just pick it up ourselves. He then informed me that it was at their Pines Road location. I asked if he could have it delivered to the Shreve City store (the one we bought it from) for us to pick it up there. He then told me a blatant lie about not having a delivery man on Wednesdays at either store, when he just offered to deliver it on Wednesday, just 30 seconds before! I said fine, we would pick it up at Pines Road. He called that store and verified that it was there and called me right back to let me know.
We went to the Pines Road store after work and the delivery guy was there, he corroborated the story about Tuesday's non-delivery and even showed me on his cell phone where he called me ONCE, not again and again. He also showed us the deliver notice that showed our address as Keithville (wrong town!) and alternate phone number (my husband's cell #) which was also wrong!
We brought the mattress home, unsheathed it from its plastic and it was WET!

It would have been nice to have the mattress in mint condition, considering the massive headache we went through to finally get it. Even though we uncovered it to dry it under the ceiling fan, the covering on it has a huge yellowed spot from the water that was in the plastic shipping packaging. Since we live in the south, where mold is a problem, I fear that in a few months, we may encounter mold growing on the mattress or the covering. At that point, I doubt it would be possible to get a replacement. The only reason we did not contact the store to get another mattress to replace this wet one was because of the horrible experience we had getting it in the first place.

Business Response /* ****** 10, *********** */
This customer did pick this mattress up. It was raining the day it was picked up. which would explain why it was wet. If the customer would like to send pictures f the mattress. I can see if it can be exchanged. Outside of that there is nothing I can do.

Final Consumer Response /* (3000, *** *********** */
I do not accept that response because they made it sound like we got the mattress wet while taking it home. IT WAS NOT RAINING WHEN WE PICKED THE MATTRESS UP. There had been a light rain that morning, but that was at least 6 or 7 hours prior to pick up. We both work until **** so it was at least *** when we picked it up. That would also not explain how it could have gotten wet while it was still ENCLOSED IN THE SEALED PLASTIC shipping cover. If they had delivered the mattress weeks before when they said it would be delivered, it would not have gotten wet at all, since at that time we were in a drought. We did not contact the store after finding it wet, because it was such a hassle to get it to begin with, that I absolutely refused to deal with them again. I did however contact Corsicana Bedding Inc. about receiving a less than perfect mattress. They would only make an exchange if we submitted numerous photos and 4 pages of warranty information. They also suggested I contact *****'s. I explained why I would not. I do have photos of the mattress, but will not agree to be contacted by those rude, hateful employees at the Shreveport-Barksdale *****'s location. If there were someone that could mediate without me having to deal with them, I would agree to submit the photos and see what can be done. The only caveat is that if there is any measuring or documenting besides the photos, *****'s would take care of all that paperwork. We are currently sleeping on the mattress, since after about a week under a ceiling fan, it did dry out. However, it is still stained. It just seems so wrong to spend $900 for something new that is not in new condition when received. We would also agree to a full refund, so that we could go buy a mattress from a company that appreciates their customers. We spoke with *****'s about that when we had thought the mattress was not going to arrive at all, but they refused. Obviously customer satisfaction means nothing to them, so I seriously doubt they make any effort to correct this situation.

06/26/2014Billing / Collection Issues
04/29/2013Problems with Product / Service
03/08/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
08/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My 2 year old couch and recliner are falling apart. A seam is busted and now all the leather is peeling off.
We purchased our sectional couch and recliner from *****'s Furniture on April 14, 2012. We spend about 2700 dollars on this furniture. We also bought a protection plan for an additional 252 dollars. We were told by the owner, ****, that this plan would cover anything that could ever happen to the couch and recliner. Due to the fact it was leather and I was expecting our first child, we purchased the 5 year protection plan to ensure that we would get our money's worth. After contacting the Guardsman Insurance company, we learned that everything **** told us was covered in the plan, was NOT actually covered at all. I called **** three times 2 days in a row to speak with him about this and he never responded. I finally spoke with him the next day and he told me that he would be happy to fix the furniture for me, but of course he would have to charge. I sent him several pictures so he could see how flawed this product was. I can not believe that $2700 worth of furniture would not even last 2 years. I am very disappointed in the quality of this furniture and even more disappointed in the response the company (*****'s) gave me when I called to get this taken care of. I have not heard back from ****. It has been two days since I sent him the pictures, I have called twice as well and left messages, with no response. After spending that much money on furniture I would expect for it to last more than 2 years. And if it didn't, we were told the "protection plan" would cover any problems we could potentially have. Well, the furniture obviously was made cheap and the "protection plan" he sold us was also a lie too. I am very disappointed in the way the furniture has fallen apart and in the way the owner of this business isn't standing behind his work or word.

I want *****'s to recover my couch and correct the seam that is already popped after 2 years. I would like them to cover the cost to replace the damaged fabric, correct the popped seam and cover the charge for picking up and delivering the furniture back to us.

08/05/2014Problems with Product / Service
08/06/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I paid $601.00 for a queen mattress and in 2 months I had a sink in it. I called them they gave me he run around. the boss is never in the office
paid $601.00 for a queen mattress and in in 2 months I had a sink in it. I called a lady answered a assured me she will return my call in 20 min. 1 day later I had to call back because I never received the return call. this time I got another lady she said give her all information on mattress again and she will call me and place this information on the boss desk. still no return call. 1 day later I called back and got the second lady again she said she was going to place an order and she will let me know when to bring defected one back and I could maybe trade up if need be. she than told me this was one of there better mattress and they have not a lot of complaints on it but lately they have but the issue will be taking care of. 2 weeks later the boss called on a Saturday and said what the issue I told the same thing I told the ladies and he asked me is he sink bigger than 1 inch if not that's called settleing. I told him that it was greater the 1 inch. he said that was what he needed to hear and he would get back with me. this has been alest 3 or 4 months ago. and every time I call I get the same treatment and he never in office. the service and the quality on te product in very poor. I will not recommend anyone to use them at his point unless you like giving away money and don't care about treatment.

the settlement im seeking now is a refund so I can get a mattress that has a better quality than two months. I donth think that they have any matresses that fit this requirement at all exspecially for me to continue business they don't stand behind there stuff

Furniture Retailers